Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2022, 08:52 PM

32,946 posts, read 36,394,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
I was shocked to hear this. I just ran into Franco Harris on Liberty Ave in Bloomfield a few days ago. He looked like his usual self with no indication of his pending demise. Wow! Life is so short.
I'm happy that he didn't have a long, drawn out nasty illness. Here today and gone tomorrow. Good for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2022, 04:06 AM

837 posts, read 856,612 times
Rest In Peace Franco Harris (1950-2022)!!!

Old 12-22-2022, 06:22 AM

1,170 posts, read 537,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
And by the way, is it any of our business what he died from? It really isn’t. Even public figures are allowed to have a little privacy sometimes.

Yes right now I think your post is a little shameful.
maybe but franco made the decision to become part of the massive covid vaccination campaign - i'm sure he thought he was being helpful but i didn't see it that way

there's a reason the hashtag #diedsuddenly has been trending for weeks

https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...uddenly&geo=US

Old 12-22-2022, 08:33 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,702,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I'm happy that he didn't have a long, drawn out nasty illness. Here today and gone tomorrow. Good for him.
Really? I'd think Franco's family would beg to differ.

Old 12-22-2022, 08:37 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peetie39 View Post
Didn’t take long for the tinfoil hat brigade to start conspiring theories. I’m sure his passing had little to do with the fact he was 72 years old.

Just mind boggling we have so many people needing a reason why people die or negative events happen. Trying to tie a bunch of unrelated things together as the reason for something happening. Just pure crazy.

It’s not really any of our business how Franco died. I’ve had two family members die suddenly with their loved ones in front of them. They showed no signs leading up. My aunt was 77, showed no signs, stood up vomited and died of a massive heart attack on the spot. No reason other than she was old am that’s what happens.
I’ve missed the “tin foil hat brigade” references from you, lol

Nobody needs a reason why folks die, but finding a reason can be helpful should deaths not be of natural causes. Many simply don’t want to hear that it could’ve been from the shot.

Old 12-22-2022, 08:41 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,702,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Great to see you back. I’ve missed the “tin foil hat brigade” reference.

Nobody needs a reason why folks die, but finding a reason can be helpful should deaths not be of natural causes. Many simply don’t want to hear that it could’ve been from the shot.
A person of Franco' stature and what he meant to the community and the city, I think his adoring fans have the right to know. Causes of death never used to be a secret until the last 1-2 years it seems. Knowing provides a sense of closure. I think we can all agree Franco died suddenly. At least it appears that way. Which leads to probable heart issues. To me, he always looks 20 years younger than his age.

Old 12-22-2022, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
A person of Franco' stature and what he meant to the community and the city, I think his adoring fans have the right to know. Causes of death never used to be a secret until the last 1-2 years it seems. Knowing provides a sense of closure. I think we can all agree Franco died suddenly. At least it appears that way. Which leads to probable heart issues. To me, he always looks 20 years younger than his age.
exactly - why not just say he had a stroke or heart attack? just make something up if you have to

silence leads to speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
Really? I'd think Franco's family would beg to differ.
yeah, i'm sure his family is thrilled he died suddenly just days before he was about to be immortalized by the NFL

Old 12-22-2022, 09:00 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,995,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
silence leads to speculation
Are people really going to speculate on an NFL’s running back’s death at age 72? He was hit and tackled by 250-300lb men for 10 years not to mention college and high school. Franco did well.

Old 12-22-2022, 10:26 AM

645 posts, read 1,541,649 times
I once repaired his car back about 1986. I was helping do an intake gasket job on my 73 Nova from the shop I bought it from, and looking out of the bay door I see a Mercedes pull up and stop. Thought it may be someone stopping to ask for directions or to air up a tire, as a Mercedes would definitely not be something normally in our wheelhouse. Moments later I see Franco? approaching us, and we met this person half-way on the lot where our hunches were confirmed. Smiling and surprised we ask "how's it going Franco?", surprised it was really him and wondering why he stopped in this two-bit shop. He said he was on the way to a charity golf outing, the A/C went out and he asked if we could take a quick look.

Not a minute later the hood is up, and we began looking for the issue. A bit of hmm, uh-huh, then finally exclaim "got it" we quickly find the problem - A $.50 cent blown fuse. Moments later the work is done and a cheerful, relieved Franco begins walking toward the office to pay. The shop owner pipes up: "On the house Franco". Franco does an about face and would have none of it. Out comes a wad and two tens are peeled, one for each of us. He says a cheerful thanks again for the help and rolled on the the event. Funny how you never forget things like this, even half a decent life span ago.

The news of his passing really has me saddened... I have always greatly admired people who are humble despite great ability, are kind with an altruistic grounding, honorable in all dealings, faithful to family and friends and of great charity for the sake of itself, not look at me or for an atoms worth of gain. Not a saint, but a person who through action did lift others and widen their potential. I received a tip that day; but his example of service toward others is a lesson we would all do well to emulate and remember.

Old 12-22-2022, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peetie39 View Post
You are just crazy
and that's all they got - name-calling and personal attacks

as usual
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh