Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2023, 06:51 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,954,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
If this was Moreno had he won, there would be no defending it, but Big Ed so it’s nothing to see here.
Moreno had absolutely no chance of winning. He was a basket case. Similar to our former president. Remember?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2023, 06:57 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Moreno had absolutely no chance of winning. He was a basket case. Similar to our former president. Remember?
It’s always because Trump for 7 years and counting, lol.

Of course he didn’t, however, had he won you’d be all over him. Basket case is where it’s been going and headed even more, as we’re seeing in regards to violence, job losses, etc…, under Big Ed, and the numbers certainly don’t lie.

Old 04-12-2023, 07:00 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
So just to verify if anyone says anything critical about Mayor Gainey they are racist, correct?

Old 04-12-2023, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
So just to verify if anyone says anything critical about Mayor Gainey they are racist, correct?
“You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SteelCityRising again.“

Old 04-12-2023, 07:34 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
“You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SteelCityRising again.“
I'm not trying to demean wpipkins2. It's just frustrating because I'm a white registered Democrat who leans left of center (albeit not as liberal as I once was, especially on criminal justice-related issues). I'm also unimpressed thus far by Mayor Gainey's overall job performance, but I feel like if you say anything critical of him you're "racist". Was it "racist" for Black folks to make fun of bike lanes or bash Bill Peduto, a white mayor? No. Of course not. Therefore, why is it racist to be unhappy with Mayor Gainey's job performance regardless of his race? Maybe the East Hills has been improving under Mayor Gainey's leadership, but Marshall-Shadeland has not.

I'll admit I voted for Peduto because I didn't think Gainey was prepared to be mayor, and I thought Moreno was too tunnel-visioned on seeking revenge against old work enemies within the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police. Peduto wasn't a great mayor, but he wasn't as bad as suburbanites portray him as. I can guarantee we would have a new police chief by now if Peduto was still mayor. It's been about 10 months since Chief Schubert retired, and now since Mayor Gainey selected a potential problem candidate for our new chief it's likely we'll have to wait another 10 months, as the search process will start all over again.

Old 04-12-2023, 07:48 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,588,550 times
The SEIU is after UPMC because it's the largest employer and very much using market power to hold wages down. I wish them nothing but the best.

Old 04-12-2023, 08:39 AM

Quote:
I'm not trying to demean wpipkins2. It's just frustrating because I'm a white registered Democrat who leans left of center (albeit not as liberal as I once was, especially on criminal justice-related issues). I'm also unimpressed thus far by Mayor Gainey's overall job performance, but I feel like if you say anything critical of him you're "racist". Was it "racist" for Black folks to make fun of bike lanes or bash Bill Peduto, a white mayor? No. Of course not. Therefore, why is it racist to be unhappy with Mayor Gainey's job performance regardless of his race? Maybe the East Hills has been improving under Mayor Gainey's leadership, but Marshall-Shadeland has not.

I'll admit I voted for Peduto because I didn't think Gainey was prepared to be mayor, and I thought Moreno was too tunnel-visioned on seeking revenge against old work enemies within the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police. Peduto wasn't a great mayor, but he wasn't as bad as suburbanites portray him as. I can guarantee we would have a new police chief by now if Peduto was still mayor. It's been about 10 months since Chief Schubert retired, and now since Mayor Gainey selected a potential problem candidate for our new chief it's likely we'll have to wait another 10 months, as the search process will start all over again.
Unfortunately, there’s those that will cry race no matter what as it’s all they have to try to defend someone or something, and project their feelings onto others with ridiculous claims of racism, even when the record of the person they’re defending speaks for itself, and as you said perfectly, criticizing Peduto or any other white person/politician brought no such ire. By their definition anything the media or anyone says negatively about Gainey is racist.

Gainey has proven he’s not prepared for it. Some just don’t want to admit when the writing has been on the wall. The truth is simply unpopular.

Old 04-12-2023, 08:50 AM

Quote:
It’s always because Trump for 7 years and counting, lol.

Of course he didn’t, however, had he won you’d be all over him. Basket case is where it’s been going and headed even more, as we’re seeing in regards to violence, job losses, etc…, under Big Ed, and the numbers certainly don’t lie.
I noticed that all of the white right wing republican extremist use the "because Trump" answer. All of you are programmed with the same lame responses. Hypocrites.

Old 04-12-2023, 08:59 AM

Quote:
How did you come to that conclusion? I correspond with many folks but can identify the racist among us. Reggie, Erie, GG, Tyvon. I have worked with and known white people all of my life. I can read them like a book. I am actually beloved by my white coworkers and associates. I do not mince my words or cater to white emotions or sensitivity. Besides.....at the end of the day Gainey is still a politician. Moreno was a Trump supporting maniac and had absolutely no chance of winning. You can be critical of any politician. This is your right. The dog whistle and double standards will not fly past me. I am too vocal. I was the middle sibling. My voice will be heard.

Old 04-12-2023, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
I noticed that all of the white right wing republican extremist use the "because Trump" answer. All of you are programmed with the same lame responses. Hypocrites.
Nah, it’s because folks like yourself are obsessed with him and it’s always “because Trump” blaming him for their problems…and calling folks extremists is hilarious as you repeatedly say you’ll never vote for any Republican no matter what, hence you’re pulling the D lever no matter what. It’s working out so well with Big Ed and the mess he’s created…but muh Dem… and funny how you don’t say anything about the media and their writers that so often criticize him, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh