Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2023, 08:45 PM

6,357 posts, read 5,050,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
Well, what is left of Little Italy. The Chinese have moved into the area from an ever-expanding of Chinatown.

Little Italy has a few key blocks left for the tourist crowd. Whereas the Strip District is significantly larger with Pittsburgh residents actually shopping for Italian specialities to make/eat at home. It feel more original to its location.
no, i wasnt talking about the one in manhattan (which was gross and hardly anything special). you ARE talking about that one, correct?

i meant the 'little italy' area in the bronx - arthur avenue.

a quick google search shows this: https://www.arthuravenuebronx.com/

so interesting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2023, 12:32 PM

7,321 posts, read 4,115,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
no, i wasnt talking about the one in manhattan (which was gross and hardly anything special). you ARE talking about that one, correct?

i meant the 'little italy' area in the bronx - arthur avenue.

a quick google search shows this: https://www.arthuravenuebronx.com/

so interesting!
That's not Little Italy - it's Arthur Avenue!

Yeah, I like Arthur Avenue a lot - it's more like the Strip.

Old 07-17-2023, 02:34 PM

10,830 posts, read 4,506,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
Well, what is left of Little Italy. The Chinese have moved into the area from an ever-expanding of Chinatown.

Little Italy has a few key blocks left for the tourist crowd. Whereas the Strip District is significantly larger with Pittsburgh residents actually shopping for Italian specialities to make/eat at home. It feel more original to its location.

when Il Fornaio disappeared before my last visit I was heartbroken, I think that NYNY in vegas actually at one point 15ish years ago had an 'il fornaio in it!

Good friend from IBM lived in the bronx and commuted in reverse to POK, he spoke of authur ave, telling there was this one restaurant he loved, it was like a house, you sat down, got fed, then they just kinda figured up a bill....I asked that mebbe he did just plop into someones house... NY was a great place to visit and I will likely never be there again.

PS: only real NY style pizza that will make you long for home is Doms in trafford. yes, as a pittsburgh college student back in the day you did the holy trinity on murray ave, but real NY style pizza was never in my life until I lived up there in NY/CT

Old 08-11-2023, 10:36 AM

154 posts, read 215,281 times
I wasn't there long but I had a good time. Walked across the 7th Street bridge. Had a nice meal at an Italian restaurant downtown. A couple of bums asked me for money but there were no real problems.

The sidewalks are pretty bad, though. Must be a lot of lawsuits.

I'd go back and probably will.

Old 08-11-2023, 10:48 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,588,550 times
No lawsuits. We all have perfect balance.

Old 08-12-2023, 06:04 PM

408 posts, read 231,217 times
The fine dinging Italian restaurant in Allentown is amazing. Highly recommend it.

Old 08-12-2023, 07:46 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higherho View Post
The fine dinging Italian restaurant in Allentown is amazing. Highly recommend it.
?

Old 08-12-2023, 09:21 PM

408 posts, read 231,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
?
Alla Famiglia - 4 dollar signs on google! But yea per person you will spent at least 100 dollars each. They only serve dinner or private events and it reservations fill up fast!

Old 08-12-2023, 09:27 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higherho View Post
Alla Famiglia - 4 dollar signs on google! But yea per person you will spent at least 100 dollars each. They only serve dinner or private events and it reservations fill up fast!
$100 for Italian? This seems very un-Italian to me. What can they serve that is worth that? Osso Buco, shrimp and a very good wine?

Old 08-13-2023, 06:04 AM

1,952 posts, read 1,129,168 times
Good italian feels simple but isn't. That said, not saying prices are worth that. Growing up in NJ, everyone ate italian for dinner so I also don't ever go out for it. I just make it if I want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh