Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 11:31 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times

Advertisements

What you failed to do is take the pulse of the Pittsburgh forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
ontheroad: I'm sorry you didn't expect an answer to your "rhetorical" question. I am not a mind reader. I answered it, honestly. Most cities support the arts.

Old 02-10-2007, 11:47 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Default Arts

Huh? I answered a question.

Old 02-10-2007, 11:50 AM

Once more: The thread was not intended as a question and answer thread. It was intended to be a place to make some positive remarks about the City.

Is this clearer?

As a nurse, you didn't take the pulse of the forum to see how it was disintegrating into a city-bashing mob-scene.

Quote:
Huh? I answered a question.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Once more: The thread was not intended as a question and answer thread. It was intended to be a place to make some positive remarks about the City.

Is this clearer?

As a nurse, you didn't take the pulse of the forum to see how it was disintegrating into a city-bashing mob-scene.
And just how did YOU get appointed to decide what this thread was for? Is it not supposed to be give and take? Apparently not when someone disagrees with you! You asked the question and I answered it! MOST CITIES support the arts, whether you like it or not! If you will look at my posts on this thread, I did not say ANYTHING bad about Pittsburgh! I merely pointed out that other places have some of the same attributes. And I do not appreciate your sarcastic comments about my nursing abilities. I nurse people, not internet forums.
I do not see how this forum has disintegrated into a city-bashing mob-scene. But I do think some healthy disagreement is allowable.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:19 PM

Well, apparently I hit a nerve.

I started the thread and the other thread during some serious forum bashing.

And if you had taken the time to look around, you may have seen that it was intended to reduce friction not increase it.

And like you, here on the forum, I can express both my opinion and my displeasure.

Quote:
And just how did YOU get appointed to decide what this thread was for? Is it not supposed to be give and take? Apparently not when someone disagrees with you! You asked the question and I answered it! MOST CITIES support the arts, whether you like it or not! If you will look at my posts on this thread, I did not say ANYTHING bad about Pittsburgh! I merely pointed out that other places have some of the same attributes. And I do not appreciate your sarcastic comments about my nursing abilities. I nurse people, not internet forums.
I do not see how this forum has disintegrated into a city-bashing mob-scene. But I do think some healthy disagreement is allowable.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:29 PM

Default Arts

So it is ok to ask questions, just not answer them? Yeah, you made me angry. You are making up your own rules as you go along: you ask questions, no one is supposed to answer them. You resort to personal attacks, then say "apparently, I hit a nerve".

Old 02-10-2007, 12:30 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
And just how did YOU get appointed to decide what this thread was for?
Uhm... she's the one that started the thread? And with a very specific purpose spelled out right up front.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:33 PM

I suggest, gently, but firmly, that you re-read the posts in this forum over the last months--not since you decided to join it!

Here is the text in the first post:

How about we separate the good from the bad. Let's hear some or all of those things people like or love about Pittsburgh.

I'll go first: I love the architecture in the different neighbourhoods.

I'll have more later.

Quote:
So it is ok to ask questions, just not answer them? Yeah, you made me angry. You are making up your own rules as you go along: you ask questions, no one is supposed to answer them. You resort to personal attacks, then say "apparently, I hit a nerve".

Old 02-10-2007, 12:52 PM

149 posts, read 608,455 times
Thumbs up Back to the Best of the Burgh!

Okay then! Back on topic here...

Like most have been saying, I love the people, the architecture (check out the thread about pictures of Pittsburgh), the distinctive neighborhoods, the arts, and--yes--even the weather! I'm in Minnesota now, and Burgh weather really is milder, especially in the winter. And, of course, I love the Steelers 'n'at!

One other thing, I especially love how fiercely we 'Burgh people defend our city!

Old 02-10-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I suggest, gently, but firmly, that you re-read the posts in this forum over the last months--not since you decided to join it!

Here is the text in the first post:

How about we separate the good from the bad. Let's hear some or all of those things people like or love about Pittsburgh.

I'll go first: I love the architecture in the different neighbourhoods.

I'll have more later.
OK, so you did start the post. However, you did not say, "If I ask a question, it is only rhetorical and not intended to be answered, especially by anyone who might disagree with me!" Neither did you say that it is OK for you to personally attack someone using their screen name. I repeat, not gently, but certainly firmly: I just answered the !@#$$%%^&&**(() question! Denver supports the arts; Omaha, Nebraska supports the arts; Minneapolis supports the arts; Chicago supports the arts and practically EVERY OTHER CITY IN THIS COUNTRY supports the arts! Support for the arts is not unique to Pittsburgh! Is that a bad thing to say? BTW, free days at the Denver Art Museum are the first weekend of every month. Come on out and see our lovely city! Now get off my case so people can enjoy this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh