Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2022, 01:37 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
You have proven to be a warmonger with your constant Ukraine comments. Your credibility has deminished in my eyes. Hopefully your fellow warmongers will have a shift in attitude after the midterms. I don't believe any of the Republicans you had mentioned because they have been swimming in the swamp to long. They are probably getting a cut just like the big guy. "Why do we need to pass a 40 billion dollar bill to send 8 billion to Ukraine" lindsay Graham
Bingo…and they’re not going to war themselves. They want others to do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2022, 07:42 AM

135 posts, read 36,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Bingo…and they’re not going to war themselves. They want others to do it.
Do you even know what you're talking about on Ukraine anymore -- just f'ing embarrassing to see this. You understand that we are providing weapons and logistical support and intelligence to Ukraine, right? We are not training a foreign legion to go fight there, right? So sad. You will sell out America for your Orange King (muh Trump, because Trump). So very sad.

Old 11-02-2022, 08:00 AM

3,595 posts, read 3,397,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burghophilia-03 View Post
Do you even know what you're talking about on Ukraine anymore -- just f'ing embarrassing to see this. You understand that we are providing weapons and logistical support and intelligence to Ukraine, right? We are not training a foreign legion to go fight there, right? So sad. You will sell out America for your Orange King (muh Trump, because Trump). So very sad.
I like how easily you support tens of thousands of children being killed. My son is 23 and it makes you feel a little different when the ones fighting are your childs age.

Old 11-02-2022, 08:10 AM

Quote:
I like how easily you support tens of thousands of children being killed. My son is 23 and it makes you feel a little different when the ones fighting are your childs age.
Come on! If Ukrainians would rather fight than surrender to Putin's rule, and if it is in our national interest to support such efforts, you would rather have us cease efforts to fund Ukraine, even though it is against their interests? So, certainly, even in that situation, I assume more children would die, but maybe not as many as if they keep fighting? I just don't get that argument?

I mean -- I get the (i) not in our national interest; (ii) we have pressing problems at home; (iii) not worth risking WWIII -- but going on the "if you support military aid, you supporting killing children" tact? -- sorry, not gonna play that game.

Further, you know that Erieguy, when pressed in February of this year, and when he was still responding to my posts, did support funding/military aid to Ukraine. So, did Erieguy used to support killing children, but now he's (apparently) had a moral awakening? Or more likely, he's assessed the MAGA trade winds on this issue, and has conformed his opinions to that current.

Old 11-02-2022, 08:17 AM

3,595 posts, read 3,397,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burghophilia-03 View Post
Come on! If Ukrainians would rather fight than surrender to Putin's rule, and if it is in our national interest to support such efforts, you would rather have us cease efforts to fund Ukraine, even though it is against their interests? So, certainly, even in that situation, I assume more children would die, but maybe not as many as if they keep fighting? I just don't get that argument?

I mean -- I get the (i) not in our national interest; (ii) we have pressing problems at home; (iii) not worth risking WWIII -- but going on the "if you support military aid, you supporting killing children" tact? -- sorry, not gonna play that game.

Further, you know that Erieguy, when pressed in February of this year, and when he was still responding to my posts, did support funding/military aid to Ukraine. So, did Erieguy used to support killing children, but now he's (apparently) had a moral awakening? Or more likely, he's assessed the MAGA trade winds on this issue, and has conformed his opinions to that current.

Ukraine is not a nato country so why is it in our nations best interest? This country is run by a war monger who is going to start a larger conflict just for his families gain. But no mean tweets.

Old 11-02-2022, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Ukraine is not a nato country so why is it in our nations best interest? This country is run by a war monger who is going to start a larger conflict just for his families gain. But no mean tweets.
You've already had perennial city-data Pittsburgh forum gadfly, Tyovan, offer you a cogent explanation for why this is in the national interest. I'm happy to have Hunter Biden placed in jail for eternity and any biden family funds seized, but that still won't change the fact that supporting Ukraine is a vital national interest for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh