Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2022, 05:47 AM

26 posts, read 19,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Oh! So the right is suddenly pro police again?
They’ve always been. They were anti-capitol police because they’re glorified mall cops and they’re the ones who opened the gate for Maga to get in. Not to be confused with the Metropolitan Police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2022, 07:24 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,053,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
They've basically legalized drugs on the west coast. There are huge open air drug markets. What makes you think it won't happen here?
that is exactly the "pandora's box" i always thought would 'open' if hard drugs were legalised, as there was a national discussion about that a couple decades ago, i remember.

the government legalising heroin, cocaine, whatever else does NOT mean 'control' of the problem. 60 Minutes ran a great feature on this a few years ago - there are LEGAL pot growers that are struggling to meet permit requirements, spending tens of thousands....

and of course they cant compete with the smaller seller, doing it illegally, selling who knows what to buyers that logically will get their stuff cheaper.

this is why i would love to see this question posed to Fetts in a public forum. if he DOES wish to legalise heroin (I failed to mention in my earlier post that I saw this on a Billboard while in Westmoreland Co), let him explain the process of selling, regulating, and TAXING it. and, will that tax money go to health services, or the general treasury?

Old 09-21-2022, 08:30 AM

1,912 posts, read 737,806 times
I'm in favor of legalizing the sale and use of narcotics, but only in the city limits. Make it a big open air drug market with all its associated consequences.

Old 09-21-2022, 08:36 AM

The Century III mall provides an excellent example of what can happen to the city. Everything around that mall thrives, but the mall itsef was an isolated, unsafe, deserted wasteland. Everyone knows why. This could well become the fate of the city.

Old 09-21-2022, 08:58 AM

Just in case you don't know what the drug cartels and their bought politicians have in mind for your family:

https://www.dea.gov/press-releases/2...oung-americans

Old 09-21-2022, 10:40 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,956,710 times
Quote:
The Century III mall provides an excellent example of what can happen to the city. Everything around that mall thrives, but the mall itsef was an isolated, unsafe, deserted wasteland. Everyone knows why. This could well become the fate of the city.
You cannot compare a dead mall and a has been Mon Valley suburb to the city of Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh will continue to improve. The city of Pittsburgh is still the center of the metro and the "high" salary job center of the metro. Your assumption is incorrect.

Old 09-21-2022, 10:43 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,956,710 times
Quote:
I'm in favor of legalizing the sale and use of narcotics, but only in the city limits. Make it a big open air drug market with all its associated consequences.
It would be more convenient if placed in the suburbs. There is lots fo free parking and the addicts would not have to come into the city to purchase drugs from children.

Old 09-21-2022, 10:55 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Bingo…perfect idea. The outreach folks, community leaders, social workers, etc…, will no doubt be able to handle it like they do now.

Old 09-21-2022, 11:47 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
It would be more convenient if placed in the suburbs. There is lots fo free parking and the addicts would not have to come into the city to purchase drugs from children.
How many addicts come into the city versus addicts already in the city?

What’s being done to keep children from selling drugs?

Old 09-21-2022, 11:53 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,053,234 times
Quote:
i always poo-poo people when they claim personal offense at things. i mean, NO ONE is that important in the whole scheme of things on this planet. if you read anything online, just expect to not disagree with it, but to be offended - no, to VOICE that as if it matters? just dumb.

but i AM offended by this. "city limits" is home to a lot of people - most of whom are at least decent people, by american standards anyway.

why you think it should become the suburbs' toilet bowl is unknown. it is still an economic generator, even it if it is mostly meds/eds. that is A LOT of money going to a lot of workers.

if anything, i think it better to house arrested pushers in a facility along route 8 in shaler. that will make it convenient for a lot of their buyers from etna, millvale and shaler to pop in and give their regards!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh