Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 08:28 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
Hasn't he already been replaced?

FWIW, isn't 0bama also going on vacations and attended extravagant parties and social events?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 08:35 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Since the explosion in the Gulf on April 20, here is what Obama's leisure time was like:

Rounds of golf: 8 – 4/23, 4/24, 5/8, 5/15, 5/16, 5/22, 6/13, 6/19
States visited before stepping foot in Louisiana: 6 – NC, NY, IL, CA, IA, MO
Concerts: 2 – 6/2 (McCartney), 6/6 (Kelly Clarkson)
Comedy shows: 2 - 5/1 (Leno), 6/6 (George Lopez)
Vacations: 2 – 4/23-4/25 (Asheville, NC), 5/28-5/31 (Chicago)

There's more in the link below. Man, all of this fun he is having is making me tired!

PolitiPage.com | Obama during oil spill — golf, parties, photo-ops… and more golf! (photos)

Old 06-22-2010, 08:37 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Can we ever remember a president and his administration, targeting and mocking the CEO of a private company, in order to deflect blame from their own incompetence?

I can't.

Why the demagoguery about a man spending time with his son.

Now, if Tony had engaged in 7 golf outings since the spill, well, that might have been different.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
But I thought BP wanted to handle this all on their own, without the help of anyone.

I mean honestly, BP should be held responsible. They are the ones who built the rig without meeting proper engineering codes and regulations.
BP is responsible ya knucklehead!

BTW, do you feel comfortable with 0bama allowing an oil company to be asserting so much control over the clean up of the oil; which is killing jobs, the environment and wildlife?

What if the next oil disaster is from some oil tanker or oil rig owned by Vietnam, are we going to feel comfortable with 0bama allowing the Vietnamese oil freighter company to clean up the mess?

While we are at it, which regulations and engineering codes do you think BP did not meet? Keep in mind federal regulators were inspecting BP for the past 18 months.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:46 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
LOL, I knew you would have a funny comeback.

Hayward's yachting exploits was the top story on every liberal news outlet. They made a big deal about his day off, even after he was removed from the job that they were complaining about.

Yet, we never saw Obama on the golf course that same weekend."""

What!! That's all I heard about , Obama Plays GolF on Father's Day!! instead of saving America....where DO YOU get your news!!!!!It was all over the news!!

"""The left needs to get out of their basements, open a window or something, and take a deep breath....only then, maybe some of the hate will escape.

Point out WHERE in the post of mine you quoted WHERE the "hate" is..... POINT IT OUT!

I don't know what your answer had to do with my post you quoted except maybe you don't believe in physical exercise(please, then, NO personal photos)..

Old 06-22-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Since the explosion in the Gulf on April 20, here is what Obama's leisure time was like:

Rounds of golf: 8 – 4/23, 4/24, 5/8, 5/15, 5/16, 5/22, 6/13, 6/19
States visited before stepping foot in Louisiana: 6 – NC, NY, IL, CA, IA, MO
Concerts: 2 – 6/2 (McCartney), 6/6 (Kelly Clarkson)
Comedy shows: 2 - 5/1 (Leno), 6/6 (George Lopez)
Vacations: 2 – 4/23-4/25 (Asheville, NC), 5/28-5/31 (Chicago)

There's more in the link below. Man, all of this fun he is having is making me tired!

PolitiPage.com | Obama during oil spill — golf, parties, photo-ops… and more golf! (photos)
Not to nit pick, but... oh what the hell..... They forgot to mention the Sen. Boxer political fundraiser he went to memorial on May 25th, was done instead of his attending the memorial services for the Oil Rig workers killed in the explosion.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:56 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
General McChrystal says Obama is not prepared. ( Yet Obama supporters will make excuses 4 the amount of golf Obama plays)

Maybe he could be a bit more prepared if he was actually working

I still can NOT believe you are attempting to make the excuse that Obama has NOTHING he could be working on. Heck we dont need him as president if thats the case.
It's not that there's NOTHING Obama could be working on. But do you really begrudge the man a few hours of golf? A President working 24/7 is NOT the solution...in fact, I would imagine that after a few stress-relieving hours watching a ballgame, playing golf, playing basketball, etc would be a great way to recharge. I find no fault in Hayward going yachting, either. Are powerful men not allowed recreational time? Should it be ALL work and no play??

Old 06-22-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I don't know what your answer had to do with my post you quoted except maybe you don't believe in physical exercise(please, then, NO personal photos)..
LOL, I just got back from a 5k run!! Put down the Cheetos for a minute and tell me if this is a picture of a President putting his "laser like focus" on the oil spill?

Old 06-22-2010, 08:59 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Not to nit pick, but... oh what the hell..... They forgot to mention the Sen. Boxer political fundraiser he went to memorial on May 25th, was done instead of his attending the memorial services for the Oil Rig workers killed in the explosion.
Indeed

Old 06-22-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
It's not that there's NOTHING Obama could be working on. But do you really begrudge the man a few hours of golf? A President working 24/7 is NOT the solution...in fact, I would imagine that after a few stress-relieving hours watching a ballgame, playing golf, playing basketball, etc would be a great way to recharge. I find no fault in Hayward going yachting, either. Are powerful men not allowed recreational time? Should it be ALL work and no play??
Do you think that the people that live in the Gulf are taking days off?

No body has a problem with the President de-stressing a bit, but come on! Did you see all of the "leisure" things he has done since the oil crisis started?

We are all under a lot of stress, I wish I had the time to do all of the fun things he does! I actually have a responsibility to my employer and my family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies