Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 06:55 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,824,623 times

Advertisements

They are in trouble. No doubt about that. Will November be a blood bath? Nobody knows yet but I do think that they will probably keep their majority. Especially with the Republicans running far right dopes like Angle, Fiona and Rand Paul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 07:15 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,462,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post

No, Well the HOPE AND CHANGE LINE, sure as hek ain't getting us thruough this hell we are exeriencing!
And you think "Drill, Baby, Drill" would've done it???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post

So the stimulus has created enough jobs to keep unemployment from reaching 25%? I don't suppose you'd care to take a shot at proving that......

Old 07-08-2010, 07:35 PM

20,186 posts, read 23,915,808 times
Here is a clue for everyone... statistics lie... did liberals really think job losses would be a straight line down and that's it.... yes, job losses are bell curves but you have to understand something... .. If the job losses peaked when Obama came into office, that means the stuff BEFORE he came into office started and continued the recovery... the fact that unemployment remains high also means that Obama failed to create jobs... so, liberals, take a hint... your graphs actually suggests that Bush started the recovery and that Obama made it worse...

Old 07-08-2010, 07:38 PM

Old 07-08-2010, 07:40 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,424,842 times
I'm not sure just how foolish it is to grab the reins of a runaway wagon such as we have now but the history books are full of lawyers who sought the promotion to politician.

It now looks bad for the Democrats but conservatives can still lose if they decide to run against themselves instead of the Democrats.

I will believe the polls the day after the election.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:51 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,635,985 times
Default lol...uh huh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Here is a clue for everyone... statistics lie... did liberals really think job losses would be a straight line down and that's it.... yes, job losses are bell curves but you have to understand something... .. If the job losses peaked when Obama came into office, that means the stuff BEFORE he came into office started and continued the recovery... the fact that unemployment remains high also means that Obama failed to create jobs... so, liberals, take a hint... your graphs actually suggests that Bush started the recovery and that Obama made it worse...
lol...

Where's that Billy Madison video...I need to dig that thing back out.

Statistics do not lie, though it is common that those who are not statisticians or have an agenda in opposition to the statistician's presented data, will not agree with the findings.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post

I will believe the polls the day after the election.
That's the only poll that counts, after all.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:52 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,693,375 times
Obama is on the campaign trail to help the Dems during their election period.
Just today there was an article where Obama is preaching what the DNC said would be their platform.
Blaming the previous administration and the Republicans for causing this crisis.

While Obama is blaming the Republicans..these past 2 years have not benefited American taxpayers as much as it has big business and the banksters. IMO the Dems are just as guilty as the Repubs in putting themselves and their corporate supporters ahead of American taxpayers.

I have not seen a President so partisan as this one yet he claims he is bipartisan. I do believe Obama will always and forever blame Bush and the "previous administration" in his memoirs post his Presidency and will never take blame for anything that has or will happen on his watch.

Obama: Choice between moving ahead or back - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama;_ylt=ApH7eyMb8e4e5VHkcqKjqjSyFz4D;_ylu=X3 oDMTI5azdqM3JhBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwNzA4L3VzX29iYW1h BGNwb3MDMQRwb3MDMgRzZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3J5BHNsawNvYm FtYWNob2ljZWI- - broken link)

" President Obama on Thursday cast upcoming elections as a choice between the party that caused the economic meltdown and the one that's fixing it, seizing on a populist, sharply partisan theme for the critical November midterms.
For both Democrats, Obama's newly honed message turned the man who pledged during his campaign to bridge partisan divides into a president who has begun playing into them.
Obama listed Republican policies he said led to economic disaster: lower taxes for millionaires and billionaires, fewer rules and regulations for the biggest corporations, and decisions that "cut working people loose."
Using a populist-themed refrain, he offer this description of the GOP approach: "You don't have health insurance? Tough luck, you're on your own. Can't afford to send your kids to college? Tough luck, on your own."

Old 07-08-2010, 07:59 PM

20,186 posts, read 23,915,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
lol...

Where's that Billy Madison video...I need to dig that thing back out.

Statistics do not lie, though it is common that those who are not statisticians or have an agenda in opposition to the statistician's presented data, will not agree with the findings.
Or the one who presented the data, skewed the point of the data to mislead those reading it... we all know you can lie with statistics... statistics mean nothing when someone has an agenda with it... guess what... agenda.... I have no agenda but I know what is and what isn't... statistics pointing me to the hole in wonderland isn't going to be valued by me, perhaps it is valued by you...

Old 07-08-2010, 08:04 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,635,985 times
Default Interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
While Obama is blaming the Republicans..these past 2 years have not benefited American taxpayers as much as it has big business and the banksters. IMO the Dems are just as guilty as the Repubs in putting themselves and their corporate supporters ahead of American taxpayers.

A secret hold is a parliamentary procedure within the Standing Rules of the United States Senate that allows one or more Senators to prevent a motion from reaching a vote on the Senate floor. If the Senator provides notice privately to his or her party leadership of their intent (and the party leadership agrees) then the hold is known as a secret or anonymous hold. The practice of secret holds was briefly banished in 1977.

If the Senator actually objects on the Senate floor then the hold is more generally known as a Senatorial hold.

Anyone want to guess how many folks are being held up?

How about filibusters and where the GOP stands historically with the use of the parliamentary procedure?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies