Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 10:04 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times

Advertisements

No excuse. Its not the white mans fault. Welfare and projects play a big role in the mentality of a lot of blacks. Push over the projects as you get the people out apartment by apartment. It will be painful for some but in the long run our community will be better for it. Only allow welfare for as long as the mother and father are in school. Pay for the schooling also. This will end up being a lot cheaper and a lot more beneficial in the end. I will vote for candidate who wants this. Mandatory drug test for food stamps and welfare and public housing.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:44 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
No excuse. Its not the white mans fault. Welfare and projects play a big role in the mentality of a lot of blacks. Push over the projects as you get the people out apartment by apartment. It will be painful for some but in the long run our community will be better for it. Only allow welfare for as long as the mother and father are in school. Pay for the schooling also. This will end up being a lot cheaper and a lot more beneficial in the end. I will vote for candidate who wants this. Mandatory drug test for food stamps and welfare and public housing.
That's exactly what they did in Cincinnati. They closed down some of the projects and as a result, many of the residents moved to working/lower middle-class neighborhoods. What were once decent neighborhoods are now turning out to be just as bad as the projects.

I do think people on welfare/food stamps and also those that live in public housing should be subjected to random drug screenings. I agree to random drug screenings when I accept job offers and they should have to do the same.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:43 AM

615 posts, read 545,324 times
This isn't a political issue, its a biological issue. We are judging a race by a standard we (non blacks/Africans) created, not their historical way of life. There are successful Africans in the US and other Western countries, but they aren't your typical African. Blacks in America were better off 50 years ago before liberals tried and did change their way of life. If I was dropped off in the middle Uganda and told to live like them I wouldn't like it one bit, and probably couldn't adjust to their way of life.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:34 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

Regarding the failure of some groups to succeed, I think it's a good idea to remember that certain groups may be intellectually inferior, on average.
This statement just doesn't sound like you. Did you mean it this way?

Old 07-14-2010, 10:02 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
This isn't a political issue, its a biological issue. We are judging a race by a standard we (non blacks/Africans) created, not their historical way of life. There are successful Africans in the US and other Western countries, but they aren't your typical African. Blacks in America were better off 50 years ago before liberals tried and did change their way of life. If I was dropped off in the middle Uganda and told to live like them I wouldn't like it one bit, and probably couldn't adjust to their way of life.

Yeah, boy. Life was so great under Jim Crow segregation.

Moderator cut: Personal attack

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-14-2010 at 10:21 PM..

Old 07-15-2010, 01:07 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Actually, one half of black women are celibate. Half of the other half have sex maybe a half dozen times in their entire life. When three million or more potential mates are dead or incarcerated, finding casual hook-up partners is not the walk in the park it is for white people. A couple hundred thousand unwed black mothers does not justify these unsolicited critiques of black morals. Enjoy the empowerment to do so though. Last I heard white men were dropping off the radar in droves. Seems like America's elite whites have just about closed the door on opportunities for white males to enter and finish college and white women being the high maintenance creatures they are: no B.A. = no T.A. When the Hispanics own America I hope they at least leave you alone in City-Data. If I were white I think it would really suck to read thread after thread by Hispanic posters, most of whom are Roman Catholic and very well reared, disparaging white morals or rather the lack of white morals. At least it would be true. Anyway, as I said, enjoy the empowerment, enjoy your moment in the sun, fame is fleeting.

H

Old 07-15-2010, 05:59 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Quote:
Actually, one half of black women are celibate. Half of the other half have sex maybe a half dozen times in their entire life.
When three million or more potential mates are dead or incarcerated, finding casual hook-up partners is not the walk in the park it is for white people. A couple hundred thousand unwed black mothers does not justify these unsolicited critiques of black morals. Enjoy the empowerment to do so though. Last I heard white men were dropping off the radar in droves. Seems like America's elite whites have just about closed the door on opportunities for white males to enter and finish college and white women being the high maintenance creatures they are: no B.A. = no T.A. When the Hispanics own America I hope they at least leave you alone in City-Data. If I were white I think it would really suck to read thread after thread by Hispanic posters, most of whom are Roman Catholic and very well reared, disparaging white morals or rather the lack of white morals. At least it would be true. Anyway, as I said, enjoy the empowerment, enjoy your moment in the sun, fame is fleeting.

H
HUH? where in hell do you get this crap, 70% of all black children born are born out of wedlock.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:07 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Whether you like it or not, the situation IS getting worse and more money and programs are not working.

IMO..throwing yet more money and more programs at the problem won't solve it.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
HUH? where in hell do you get this crap, 70% of all black children born are born out of wedlock.
Why don't you check. The stats on black women and celibacy and also the sporadic nature of sexual relationships in the 1/2 of black women that are actively sexual are documented. Of course it would give people like yourself one less thing to talk about so you will conveniently forget this thread ever existed.

H

Last edited by Leisesturm; 07-15-2010 at 11:49 AM..

Old 07-15-2010, 12:09 PM

How ignorant does one have to be not to know that the outcomes resultant from being raised while black in America are qualitatively lower for the large majority of said African Americans relative to white and even hispanic Americans? A subset of white posters on City Data spend a lot of time comparing themselves to blacks and usually the tone of the posts runs from smug to superior and back again. I've got a wake-up call for these neo-racists: Europe is eating your lunch. Comparing majority white countries in Europe to presently majority white America yields some fascinating data. Teen pregnancy, unwed mother pregnancy, literacy, computer literacy, higher education completion... etc. American whites rank worst among whites in majority white countries in the world in these metrics. Explain that, if you can, and leave black people alone. And, if it is really only the money that is spent on unwed black mothers that you are upset about, consider this: in raw numbers there are far more unwed white mothers than black ones. If it's money you want to save I would put my efforts into curbing the increase in white unwed motherhood. Just saying.

H

(from Wikipedia)
Bullying is a form of abuse. It comprises repeated acts over time that involves a real or perceived imbalance of power with the more powerful individual or group abusing those who are less powerful. The power imbalance may be social power and/or physical power. ...

Last edited by Leisesturm; 07-15-2010 at 12:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies