Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 08:55 AM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Why wouldn't independent voters continue to vote for independent candidates?
You actually think the Tea Party is independent? HA!

or

Yes, they might vote, but surely the Dems would garner their "13%" loss to the Tea Party through indendent voters, or is that too difficult to understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 08:59 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
You actually think the Tea Party is independent? HA!

or

Yes, they might vote, but surely the Dems would garner their "13%" loss to the Tea Party through indendent voters, or is that too difficult to understand.
You seemed to have missed my point,an independent would vote for some other party,NOT the Dems or the Repubs.

Those independents who do so aren't independent at all.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:59 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
haha! Okay, keep going. You're on a roll.

Yeah, their mainstream if you count middle-age white folk as such, plus your young African-American woman.
Did you even look at the Gallup analysis? It includes side-by-side comparisons of various demographic categories.
Tea Partiers Are Fairly Mainstream in Their Demographics

How out of touch are you?

Old 07-20-2010, 09:00 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Why wouldn't independent voters continue to vote for independent candidates?
Because there aren't that many independent candidates out there?? Most Independents vote for one or the other major party candidates, they simply don't affiliate with either of the major parties.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:01 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Because there aren't that many independent candidates out there?? Most Independents vote for one or the other major party candidates, they simply don't affiliate with either of the major parties.
Then they aren't independent at all....

No matter what they might tell themselves.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Why I hate the Tea Party? That its very existence is an afront to America. That in my book it's a whites-only terrorist organization.
That 'book' must be a work of hate-inspired fiction, because what you describe is far from reality.

Why don't you read Gallup's analysis to see what's really going on? Why are you deliberately choosing to cling to hatred and racism?
Tea Partiers Are Fairly Mainstream in Their Demographics

Old 07-20-2010, 09:28 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Then they aren't independent at all....

No matter what they might tell themselves.
In your opinion.

Not having loyalty to either party means they are free to vote any way they want to. They aren't bound by rigid party affiliation. Being free to vote for anyone they choose to vote for, whether that's a major party or smaller party like the Libertarian or Green parties. I don't see how prohibiting someone from voting for any party serves the function of non-affiliation. Being Independent doesn't mean anti-major party. It simply means that no one party (whatever the party) appeals enough to the voter's political orientation to warrant that voter affiliating with a party.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:57 AM

1,677 posts, read 1,668,459 times
On Being a Democrat at a Tea Party

"Dear Readers: A common misconception of mainstream media’s political pundits is the claim that the “Tea Party” movement is merely a covert Republican operation. That is simply not true. I am a founder of one of the largest grassroots organizations in the nation (Southern California Tax Revolt Coalition, LLC; SoCal-TRC). I am also a registered Democrat."

Scrolling down, comments from another Dem - registered since 1975.

Said over the years, he has started over 60 companies and created tens of thousands of jobs. Tea Party Raleigh, NC.

Link

The Disgrunted Dems as reported by CNN, some of whom voted for Obama:

*One lifelong Dem says she voted for Obama because she believed what he was saying: change

*Another describes herself as a bleeding heart liberal.

*And a guy said he and most his family voted for Obama but now support the TP.

*TP communications director said, "We hear from folks, probably at every rally, who say, 'I was a Democrat,'"

Link

Old 07-20-2010, 11:04 AM

1,677 posts, read 1,668,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Democrats are generally not welcome at these tea parties
Did you ever find evidence to back this up?

Old 07-20-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Who exactly am I being racist to? White people?

Umm, let me look in a mirror....hold on, getting it out....yup wow, white [well pretty tan right now], but definitely white.

Pot calling the kettle black, isn't?
No, it's not. You refuse to acknowledge that you're making charges of racism without knowing the actual demographics of the group. That qualifies as clinging to uninformed, irrational hatred and racism.

Quote:
Btw, I find your sn quite ironic and laughable at best.
Perhaps that's because you deliberately choose to remain uninformed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies