Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to see same-sex marriage become legal where you live?
It is already legal where I live 18 6.02%
Yes 184 61.54%
No 92 30.77%
Not sure 5 1.67%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 09:01 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,753,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Hey CHILLAX....The BIBLE existed before the FIRST MARRIAGE
BETWEEN {ADAM & EVE}
....I was just trying to explain to you
THE REASONS BEHIND MY MADNESS.....SMILE.........
Really? As a Christian, I read the Bible rather regularly, but I have never come across anything there that describes (or even mentions) any kind of marriage ceremony for Adam and Eve. Could you point me to that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Hey CHILLAX....The BIBLE existed before the FIRST MARRIAGE
BETWEEN {ADAM & EVE}....I was just trying to explain to you
THE REASONS BEHIND MY MADNESS.....SMILE.........
Oh, by the way. If Adam and Eve were the very first humans, how could the Bible have existed before them?

Old 08-10-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:
I heard that several Hospitals didn't allow GAYS to stay
with their's Homosexual Spouse In The Great State Of
MASSACHUSETTS..something that would never happen in
CALIFORNIA USA.
I don't have a link available, (I neglected to save it) but I know of a man in California who is suing the county he and his partner lived in and the hospital in that county because, they not only refused to allow him to visit his partner in the hospital, they removed the partner to a nursing home, refused to tell him where, then proceeded to remove HIM from their home to another nursing home and sold their belongings to pay the bills!

Old 08-10-2010, 10:33 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,785,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Really? As a Christian, I read the Bible rather regularly, but I have never come across anything there that describes (or even mentions) any kind of marriage ceremony for Adam and Eve. Could you point me to that?
that plus they were related....which means Cain and Abel were not only brothers, but uncles as well.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:58 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,054,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
that plus they were related....which means Cain and Abel were not only brothers, but uncles as well.
Hmmm...might be best to suggest that he not look too deeply into those verses of Genesis. His head might explode.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:13 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Clearly you lack reasonsing skills, but that makes sense given you adamently support Fox News.
What should I "support," MSNBC? LOL!

Old 08-11-2010, 02:55 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
They also thought of women voting and blacks marrying whites as criminal acts.

Good thing we've progressed so far since then! And continue to do so! No matter how much it upsets you!
Popular misconception about the history of black and white in this country.

That's not true about white marrying black, before the slave trade began during the colonization of the USA it was legal for black to marry white and it happened. Blacks and whites came here as indentured servants.

It wasn't always forbidden. Laws were made only after the slave trade began.

Keep in mind that same sex "relationships" of any color historically has always been forbidden.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:12 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Plus there was Cane, Abel, and Seth, and not a chicka in sight. I guess they knocked up good ol' mom to procreate. That would be Eve/mom/babymomma.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:56 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,988,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Popular misconception about the history of black and white in this country.

That's not true about white marrying black, before the slave trade began during the colonization of the USA it was legal for black to marry white and it happened. Blacks and whites came here as indentured servants.
"colonization of the USA"? The United States was never colonized; North America was colonized. Later on, some of those colonies formed the United States. Maryland criminalized interracial marriages long before any of the founders were even twinkles in their fathers' eyes. Such laws were enacted through the colonies. Joining Maryland in enacting anti-miscenegation laws long before the United States came into existence were Delaware, Georgia, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Virginia.

Anti-miscegenation laws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Great founders such as Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington and James Madison, to name just a few, were specifically from states in which anti-miscegenation laws were enacted. And the historical record shows no indication that any of them ever opposed such laws at all. So, yes, the founders of the United States did think of blacks marrying white as criminal acts.

Quote:
It wasn't always forbidden. Laws were made only after the slave trade began.
This comment about 'before the slave trade' is utterly nonsensical - there was no United States before the slaved trade existed. Slavery was codified as a practice in Virginia law in 1661. This law was undoubtedly responsive to a practice which was well-established by that time (and thus needing regulation). Again, this was long before the United States existed. Anti-miscegenation laws existed in the United States in the majority of states from the moment of the country's existence in 1776 until 1957, when Colorado and South Dakota repealed their bans and a slight majority of the states no longer prohibited interracial marriages.

Old 08-11-2010, 01:08 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,988,918 times
Default CNN Poll

CNN POLL (conducted 08/06-08/10)

Q: Do you think gays and lesbians have a constitutional right to get married and have their marriage recognized by law as valid?
Yes - 49%
No - 51%

Q: Do you think gays and lesbians should have a constitutional right to get married and have their marriage recognized by law as valid?
Yes - 52%
No - 46%
No opinion - 2%

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/im.../11/rel11a.pdf

This poll is notable because it is the first time a major national poll has showed majority support for government recognition of same-sex marriage. It should also be noted that the margin of error is +/- 3%.

The inexorable trend continues...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies