Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 06:34 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgirl View Post
It will be interesting to see if the Stabenow bill is a sincere attempt to add more benefits.
I suspect that's all it is - a sincere attempt to keep unemployment checks going as long as possible and not a very sincere attempt to create jobs. That could be the problem with this bill is that it's not paid for and it's not about jobs. It's just keeping the status quo as long as possible until it's no longer possible. That keeps the voters happy and voting for the politicians with the bandaid solutions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 07:07 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,047,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I suspect that's all it is - a sincere attempt to keep unemployment checks going as long as possible and not a very sincere attempt to create jobs. That could be the problem with this bill is that it's not paid for and it's not about jobs. It's just keeping the status quo as long as possible until it's no longer possible. That keeps the voters happy and voting for the politicians with the bandaid solutions.
Pelosi is going to re-instate the employer tax credit for new hires.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:55 AM

3,814 posts, read 11,976,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The House is reportedly working on jobs creation -- see earlier post here (#17).

Old 09-10-2010, 01:09 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,047,317 times
When will this be brought up again?

Old 09-10-2010, 02:50 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,976,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
When will this be brought up again?
Updates on this bill have been posted regularly on another thread here. In response to your specific question:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...l#post15779031

Old 09-10-2010, 08:30 PM

348 posts, read 707,039 times
Sound advice!I am a 99er, Give Me My Damned Tier 5 Unemployment Extension Now! | World News – Heard Now (http://www.worldnewsheardnow.com/i-am-a-99er-give-me-my-damned-tier-5-now/2669/ - broken link)

Old 09-12-2010, 12:56 PM

20 posts, read 54,602 times
I hope everything works out cause I'm super scared that I'm going to run out of tier options and not have any money to live on. I hope something gets pasts!

~gfxdreams

Old 09-13-2010, 02:47 PM

613 posts, read 960,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfxdreams View Post
I hope everything works out cause I'm super scared that I'm going to run out of tier options and not have any money to live on. I hope something gets pasts!

~gfxdreams
You and millions of other 99er's. This is a national disaster which Congress is treating as a cold and flu. When a patient goes to the doctor and the doctor says you gotta cold when you actually have whooping cough and the doctor treats you with antibiotics, your going to die a slow death. Our nation is dying a slow death.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:30 PM

1,828 posts, read 4,656,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfxdreams View Post

~gfxdreams

I have stuff that could happen to equal a job in the next 10 weeks but far from any guarantees at the moment. As of today 10 weeks left of EB and I am out the door as well unless a 20 week Tier V becomes reality. I very much prefer to go back to work after this long out but doesn't that just feel like a dream these days.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:45 AM

613 posts, read 960,753 times
44% of Congress are millionaires. Benefits average $20,000 yearly to each unemployed worker minus taxes depending on what state you live in. The Repub's are wanting to give away 700B to the rich by extending the Bush tax cuts for them. What happened to the "deficit" that they been bitchin about?

Who Knew? - Yahoo! News

The least these millionaires could do would be add another 20 weeks of benefits for the 99er's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies