Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 08:02 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,623 times

Advertisements

As long as those few that govern us keep tying our tax money up in the business of war, we shall never see the restoration of America's infrastructure.
Giving us jobs and sending us out to repair the roads and bridges would deny the military industrial complex their profits, unless the war machine is constantly
churning, the fat-cats don't make any money. Whether their business is making bulletproof vests or body bags, they are content to suck up as many taxpayer
dollars as their fat greedy hands can gather.

Why would anyone who has looked long and hard at the degradation of American society, with it's pressing agenda of expansionism and warmongering,
ever believe that the people who lead and govern our country, are concerned with our roads and bridges or our police and civil service workers? What is in it
for them? These guys all have secure positions, days off, paychecks, benefits, healthcare and every luxury that you and I cannot afford so why would they
want to rock that boat or to change it up, so that we were the beneficiaries?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 08:12 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBeautyGoodness View Post
This Tea Party seems to want to cut everything, as if the Government is Satan incarnate. Look, I hate taxes as much as the next person, but to keep this nation of 300 Million up and running, we need to pay taxes.

As our great savior once said, "Pay to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."

And yes I am a Christian and I do know what I'm talking about.
So you're pretty much concerned that Republicans will get into Congress and YOUR state won't get their paychecks from Uncle Sam ?

Maybe your state should look at other options to balance their budget and find money to pay your teachers, police and keep your roads in good shape.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:41 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
The Pork from federal governamnt is coming to a end and its reckless spending ways on the federal taxpayre s money. States need to get offf the federal credit card tit and start thinking what they want and want to pay for.Skin in the game is always better for decision making.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:42 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,321,103 times
Roads, police and fire are paid for with local taxes, not federal. I'd love for the Republicans to get rid of the Dept. of Education and Commerce, for starters.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Itz

714 posts, read 2,199,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Everything in America should be private enterprise. That includes roads, police, fire fighters, education. Otherwise it's communism.
News for ya... We have a PRIVATE road here that we pay a toll on every 5 miles ($2.50 per car per stop)... and its funny how FEDERAL money is used to maintain it..

Old 08-08-2010, 09:22 PM

608 posts, read 1,346,840 times
Who's Jesus?

Old 08-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Itz

714 posts, read 2,199,579 times
I find it ridiculous that most people who are "hate mongers" of the tea party have absolutely NO clue about the base movement.. The tea party KNOWS taxes are needed - its a no brainer - its all the WASTE AND PORK involved that need to go..

Example (MANY states have them)... as the economy is tanking, the state is going bankrupt, noone is getting raises and the state GOVT decides to hand out bonuses.. as the state govt talks of RAISING taxes! The school districts are requiring students to PAY FOR PUBLIC SCHOOL BUSES - as they raise property taxes, cut jobs, and close schools. $134 Million dollars went to STABILIZE the school districts Budget... NOT CREATE jobs..

The list goes on and on and on and on.. Nooen is saying no to completely zero taxes... just no to idiotic spending - that causes them to RAISE taxes...

But... if you like paying MORE taxes to fund government pork and bogus spending - not to mention the war in afghanistan... YOU PAY IT and don't ask me to - ill fund my local police, education, roads and firefighters...

Old 08-08-2010, 09:34 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
There's PLENTY of money for infrastructure and it is all spelled out in every city, state, and nation's comprehensive annual financial report ----NOT TO BE CONFUSED with the annual budget which only reveals part of the story. To see the entire picture and see the HUGE amounts of assets all governments have including investments make a 14 to 20% return per year and real estate (which is stupid for a government to own---especially things like golf courses), which could be liquidated and used instead of taxes to pay for. Using this money combined with cutting spending of stupid programs like keeping all the unwinnable wars going and other programs that the private sector does better, like education... would make it easy to cut income tax across the board for everyone!

Stop buying the sob stories from your elected officials that they have to raise taxes because there was a short-fall in the budget. Just tell them to take the money out of the accumulated assets in the "Comprehensive Annual Financial Report". TAke a look at your town or city's or state's and you'll see what I mean. Just type in a search engine: the name of the town, city or state, Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for 2010. Look through it and you'll be amazed that assets well exceed liabilities.

I'm sure that government elites figure why should they spend that money when stupid American Taxpayers can be easily conned or bullied into paying more taxes?

Last edited by emilybh; 08-08-2010 at 09:43 PM..

Old 08-09-2010, 02:58 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,508,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Jesus says everyone is a sinner, not just the tax collectors and the lawyers. That's my main point. My other point is that you can't believe everything Satan says.
He mentions the tax collectors and lawyers specifically. Makes you think.

And there are plenty of parts of the Bible where it says Satan was lying. This isn't one of them. Which means he was telling the truth. Why would he lie to Jesus anyway? He knew it would do no good to lie to Jesus.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:00 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,508,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itz View Post
News for ya... We have a PRIVATE road here that we pay a toll on every 5 miles ($2.50 per car per stop)... and its funny how FEDERAL money is used to maintain it..
If federal money is used to maintain it then is NOT a private road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies