Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 04:00 PM

8,906 posts, read 5,402,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Don't tell me you have absolutely no clue that people have been and ARE paying for the uninsured. For example, how do hospitals recover the costs that the uninsured do not pay for ER services? This runs into billions of dollars. Hint: They simply don't "forget".
So you are chipping in how much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

9,022 posts, read 13,888,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Health insurance shouldn't cost more than your house payment.

I think there is a lot of waste built into the health care system to start.

The whole system, from Drs. and nurses salaries, to the salaries of medical suppy and pharmacuetical suppliers and especially to the salaries of administrators, needs to be overhauled. They all need to go "lean", just as other industries have had to do.

There is a lot of waste, at all levels. It needs to be identified and eliminated.

How to do that? I don't know.

Health insurance should not be a for profit business.

We need some sort of universal health care. At the very least, we should have had the public option ....... the only option the working poor could realistically have had a chance of being able to afford.

Perhaps we should "insource" medical professionals from India to man low cost clinics in every city. Give those clinics the same perks and tax breaks we give to the giant corporations that outsouce their production.

Why should I have to have my low pay cut as it. Is? It has fallen by 2 dollars per hour feom last year,and fyi we do take salary cuts. Why should I have to subsidize his stupidity by haviing my salary cut? You all depend on doctors and nurses to save lives yet you want to cut our salaries. When people get low pay they often are not motivated,and you know the result? More deaths due to shortages of both. And the ridiculous thing is you want to insourse foriegn trained doctors and nurses who may not know what they are doing and who won't know how to operate the advanced equipment we have. The reason we have the most expensive health care system is because of the advanced technology and the people who work in healthcare. I bet the guy in the article who doesn't have insurance would want his life saved and the best possible care if and when he would need to go to the hospital,even though he won't be paying.

8,656 posts, read 9,177,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Ok,let's say he has the money. He would be crying if he had the money,now would he?
Let's just say he finds out he has a chronic illness. Chronic illness often don't lead to death until years later. Those costs are going to run over 1 million. If he is loaded with1 million,what does a measly 800 a month.
How about this, he contracts a chronic condition and can no longer work and pay the $800. His wife then needs to take care of the payments-----for many years to come. So guess what happens?

Old 08-10-2010, 04:02 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,886,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
So you are chipping in how much?
A fraction of the billions. But more importantly, I am (actually, for most part, my employer is). You?

Old 08-10-2010, 04:03 PM

720 posts, read 692,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I asked you to provide proof, to back up your claims. Unless, you were lying to begin with...
Aww look, he doesn't get what he wants and starts throwing out words like "lying"..Funny how that happens..

Old 08-10-2010, 04:03 PM

8,656 posts, read 9,177,662 times
Quote:
Why should I have to have my low pay cut as it. Is? It has fallen by 2 dollars per hour feom last year,and fyi we do take salary cuts. Why should I have to subsidize his stupidity by haviing my salary cut? You all depend on doctors and nurses to save lives yet you want to cut our salaries. When people get low pay they often are not motivated,and you know the result? More deaths due to shortages of both. And the ridiculous thing is you want to insourse foriegn trained doctors and nurses who may not know what they are doing and who won't know how to operate the advanced equipment we have. The reason we have the most expensive health care system is because of the advanced technology and the people who work in healthcare. I bet the guy in the article who doesn't have insurance would want his life saved and the best possible care if and when he would need to go to the hospital,even though he won't be paying.
Keep your head in the sand. I do not believe doctors are the reason this nation's goofed up healthcare delivery system is the worst of all modern nations.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
How about this, he contracts a chronic condition and can no longer work and pay the $800. His wife then needs to take care of the payments-----for many years to come. So guess what happens?
The people took upon personal responsibility and contributed as best as they can, as opposed to freebies?

Old 08-10-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermanger View Post
Aww look, he doesn't get what he wants and starts throwing out words like "lying"..Funny how that happens..
Cute. So you were lying. Well, not surprising.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Keep your head in the sand. I do not believe doctors are the reason this nation's goofed up healthcare delivery system is the worst of all modern nations.
She didn't say that. She's a health care provider for goodness sake, not one of those middle men you're fighting for.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:06 PM

8,906 posts, read 5,402,169 times
Quote:
No one should pay for anything for him but himself. He has 2 condos. Maybe sell one and use the money to purchase insurance. If gets into an accident or has s chronic illness,he would lose both condos and his job,car and any other assets he has if he doesn't have health insurance. Where is the sense in that? Just pay the 800 a month in health inurance so you can have the peace of mind knowing if he does get sick he woild still have his house.
I think he has only one condo, but has 2 mortgages on it.

Oddly I am not completely unsympathetic to his case. I think to be without health insurance is extremely foolish, but the idea that the government can order you to buy something just because you exist is a scary one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies