Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 09:56 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
So....attempting to refute a false accusation used in arguments concerning incidents involving people of color is "racist"? Do you agree with that Justanothermanger? Racism sure has morphed to mean anything these days.
I didn't call you racist. I said you used a poor argument, but its not racist.

However, seeing as your obvious bias against anyone calling blacks racist in the past, and everytime there is white on black violence you scream it from the roof tops, the circumstantial evidence is mounting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 10:05 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I didn't call you racist. I said you used a poor argument, but its not racist.

However, seeing as your obvious bias against anyone calling blacks racist in the past, and everytime there is white on black violence you scream it from the roof tops, the circumstantial evidence is mounting.
I did not say you called me a racist. I asked was my argument racist and why. Furthermore, I did not call the white cop who shot the 7 year old black girl, accidentally, a racist. That was another incident where, before the race of the cop was known, had some whites arguing that the fact that race was not mentioned was because the cop was likely black.....and that race is only mentioned when its a white cop doing the shooting. They then went on to argue, with others agreeing, that if it were a white cop there would be marches and riots. Of course...when it was revealed later that the cop was white.....they had nothing to say but rest assured....they still believe their own BS.

I understand that whites are tired of the race thing and its stain upon innocent whites, however, the solution is not trying to discredit the argument and or claim that white racism is alive and well .....or to make whites out to be "victims" of black racism just as much as the blacks are the victims of white racism. Neither of those things are true....but that is what whites seem to be arguing implictly, if not explicitly these days.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 08-11-2010 at 10:28 AM..

Old 08-12-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
I did not say you called me a racist. I asked was my argument racist and why. Furthermore, I did not call the white cop who shot the 7 year old black girl, accidentally, a racist. That was another incident where, before the race of the cop was known, had some whites arguing that the fact that race was not mentioned was because the cop was likely black.....and that race is only mentioned when its a white cop doing the shooting. They then went on to argue, with others agreeing, that if it were a white cop there would be marches and riots. Of course...when it was revealed later that the cop was white.....they had nothing to say but rest assured....they still believe their own BS.

I understand that whites are tired of the race thing and its stain upon innocent whites, however, the solution is not trying to discredit the argument and or claim that white racism is alive and well .....or to make whites out to be "victims" of black racism just as much as the blacks are the victims of white racism. Neither of those things are true....but that is what whites seem to be arguing implictly, if not explicitly these days.
I'd like to bump this, just to refute the whole basis of the argument.

The suspected killer, is Jewish, and from Israel. Not just a white guy.

Suspected Israeli serial killer arrested in U.S. - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News (http://www.haaretz.com/news/international/suspected-israeli-serial-killer-arrested-in-u-s-1.307598?localLinksEnabled=false - broken link)

Old 08-12-2010, 05:07 PM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
They don't have to have found him for the media, NAACP, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton to hit the ground running with this.....as many white folks claims happens EVERY time a white person is alleged to have done something to black people.
So, are you saying jesse, al and the national association for the advancement of colored people have NEVER made headlines when a black is accused of wrongdoing?

Or, are you saying they won't ever do it again?

Old 08-12-2010, 05:07 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times
I could have sworn I read in one of the articles that not all of the victims were black. I could be wrong.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:15 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,270,334 times
The killer was not jewish.

He was a (palestian) arab with israeli citizenship whose name is Elias Abu Elazam with family in Ramallah.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
The killer was not jewish.

He was a (palestian) arab with israeli citizenship whose name is Elias Abu Elazam with family in Ramallah.
My apologies, thanks for straighting that out. It said he was from Israel, and I assumed. The mother of all screw ups.

(of course, the OP won't admit he was wrong)

Old 08-12-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
I'd like to bump this, just to refute the whole basis of the argument.

The suspected killer, is Jewish, and from Israel. Not just a white guy.

Suspected Israeli serial killer arrested in U.S. - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News (http://www.haaretz.com/news/international/suspected-israeli-serial-killer-arrested-in-u-s-1.307598?localLinksEnabled=false - broken link)
You must don't remember what the basis of the argument was or is. The argument was to debunk claims that when a white person is alleged to do something to blacks......the media and Jesse and Al jump all over it while when A black person does something to whites.....it does not get equal attention.

The victims described the attackers as a "white guy".....hence, the MEDIA, according to the debunked theory, along with Jesse and Al should have jumped all over this....because it fit the profile of an alleged white person doing something to blacks. That did not happen. This story got more attention after the guy was caught than when he was slashing people. The reverse should have been true or they both should have gotten equal attention.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:10 AM

Quote:
You must don't remember what the basis of the argument was or is. The argument was to debunk claims that when a white person is alleged to do something to blacks......the media and Jesse and Al jump all over it while when A black person does something to whites.....it does not get equal attention.

The victims described the attackers as a "white guy".....hence, the MEDIA, according to the debunked theory, along with Jesse and Al should have jumped all over this....because it fit the profile of an alleged white person doing something to blacks. That did not happen. This story got more attention after the guy was caught than when he was slashing people. The reverse should have been true or they both should have gotten equal attention.
You brought this whole thing up under this.

"Where are the black leaders protesting a white killer"

The guy isn't white, and he isn't an American.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:26 AM

Quote:
You brought this whole thing up under this.

"Where are the black leaders protesting a white killer"

The guy isn't white, and he isn't an American.
Yes I did....because that is how the story was being reported due to the testimony of victims. By the way....Middle Eastern is not a race. The guys race is "White". However, that is besides the point. The MEDIA, Jesse and Al should have jumped all over this when the story was being reported as a white person attacking black people.....THAT DID NOT HAPPEN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies