Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 11:58 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I understood the wisdom of George W. Bush on 9/12/01. Up until that point, I simply had my fingers crossed for him. The guy is not given the credit he deserves on many fronts. While he and fellow GOP'rs made mistakes, I still believe he had what it takes to lead this country during this period of radical Islam.

I, for one, am not surprised to see leftists all of a sudden wanting to hear from GWB. Liberals have never been known for their extraordinary foresight. This is par for the course.
You really do not get the point at all, do you?
http://www.city-data.com/forum/15525042-post9.html

Nobody cares what he has to say other than to see if he will back up his post 9/11 statements. He's a fraud and his Presidency was a sham.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 12:03 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You really do not get the point at all, do you?
http://www.city-data.com/forum/15525042-post9.html

Nobody cares what he has to say other than to see if he will back up his post 9/11 statements. He's a fraud and his Presidency was a sham.
You're absolutely right, I don't see your point at all. All I gather from your posts is that GWB defended American Muslims after 9/11, and he's opted not to comment on the mosque issue of today. What's the problem?

Regarding this comment from your thread: "Bush's war and torture policies for oil and war profiteering made more Muslim extremist enemies than any other entity or actions ever could."

All I can say is that you are seriously devoid of any notion of history. This statement could not be any more false.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:04 PM

11,269 posts, read 11,035,002 times
Bush just needs to come out and express what the mass majority of Americans feel. "Yes, it is their constitutional right to build the mosque at that location, but why would they pick a spot that controversial? Just because something is allowed DOES NOT make it the right thing to do."

Well, at least that is what I would say if I were in his shoes. This is a hot issue that is going to create great divides in our country.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You're absolutely right, I don't see your point at all. All I gather from your posts is that GWB defended American Muslims after 9/11, and he's opted not to comment on the mosque issue of today. What's the problem?
Strange...you do not even see the point when you get the point. Obviously Bush does not stand behind what he claims to believe. Further proof of his total lack of integrity.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:07 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Oh goodie, another bash Obama and "lefties" thread. We seriously DO NOT get enough of those around here. I mean, where in the world are people supposed to fling their zingy one liners and hope to get a laugh?
One look at this President and this Kooky Administration, deserves more then a few laughs! One look at Obama, gets you quite a few good laughs in. Joker from the geko.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:08 PM

11,269 posts, read 11,035,002 times
And for all the lib's who keep saying that most New Yorkers have no objections to this project, do these numbers really lie?

Poll: NY voters opposed to mosque near ground zero - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_ground_zero_mosque_poll - broken link)

Old 08-18-2010, 12:09 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Strange...you do not even see the point when you get the point. Obviously Bush does not stand behind what he claims to believe. Further proof of his total lack of integrity.
Because he chooses not to weigh in on a subject, he can no longer hold a previously held view?

Your reasoning is very odd.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:10 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I suggest you find another thread to amuse yourself if you don't care for the topic. It IS really that simple and much better than just posting to complain about the thread topic...don't you think?

Actually, these are lefties asking Bush to weigh in with clarity and conviction (what the Left used to call stubborness), something that is not forthcoming with obama. They sound disgusted.

Actually one SANE person, is not aware of Obama not being Forthcoming. Most sound sane individuals are disgusted with this President and Blame everyone else Administration.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
One look at this President and this Kooky Administration, deserves more then a few laughs! One look at Obama, gets you quite a few good laughs in. Joker from the geko.
I'm not agreeing with you, but I think you mean "get-go".

Old 08-18-2010, 12:12 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,003,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Mosque supporters beg George W. Bush to come to Obama's rescue | Washington Examiner

We have entered the Twilight Zone.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/18/op...d.html?_r=1&hp

She says it's time for Dubya to weight in! Is this not a confirmation of the weakness and pansiness of obama?

Ground Zero Mosque Controversy: America Has Disgraced Itself - The Daily Beast

Face it, obama is AFRAID to weight in with his personal opinion.

Republicans pander over 'Ground Zero mosque' -- Opinion Focus with Eugene Robinson - The Washington Post

To pull obama's skinny butt out of the fire.

Imagine this; Lefty columnists are pining for the resolve and decisiveness of G.W. Bush, in the era of obama.
Show me a 'Lefty' journo that's still employed by a major network since the Akre's case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies