Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 03:40 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
His silence is deafening and it is obvious why he is not weighing in. One would have to have a very low IQ not to see the partisan hypocrisy. He's received his orders to shut up on the issue from the right wing powers that be. The man without integrity who will forever be the worst POTUS in history...bar none. Keep your low profile Bush Jr. We've seen enough of and heard enough from you to last many lifetimes.

Thanks for my joke OF THE DAY. Like you really care about what Bush has to say, that in itself is a joke. The partisan hypocirsy from this current Adminstration, is astounding in itself. I think Obama is the one who should keep is trap shut, i know, he is our current Leader bar none, POOR US. And i do not see integrity coming from this current President or thug style rough me up Admintration, point fingers, blame everyone but themselves.The fact that so many fingers from this adminstration have pointed themselves to bush, is a fete in itself that Bush does keep quitet i sure would not, shows he has more class. And in the short time that this Obamadunse has been President, i have heard enough of him, to last my life time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 03:59 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,330,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
No one is asking Bush to speak out about this administration or its policies. So that's something distinct from Cheney, isn't it?

Bush worked with Imam Rauf after 9/11 to foster better relations between Muslims and the United States, Muslims living in the United States and Muslims living abroad. He worked with Imam Rauf. This mosque is a project of Imam Rauf's. Given that Imam Rauf and GWB have a history, GWB's thoughts actually seem to be somewhat relevant to this issue.
Wow you make it seem like Bush and Rauf were the best of buddies that worked VERY closely together. Yes, he did some work for the state department and aided the FBI, but so did thousands of other citizens during Bush's presidency. Should Bush feel obligated to weigh in on every single one of them as well?

Bush is under NO obligation to speak out on this subject to save your pansyass'ed leader from himself.

Obama: Lookin'-kinda-dumb-with-your-finger-and-your-thumb-in-the-shape-of-an-L-on-your-forehead.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:56 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Wow you make it seem like Bush and Rauf were the best of buddies that worked VERY closely together. Yes, he did some work for the state department and aided the FBI, but so did thousands of other citizens during Bush's presidency. Should Bush feel obligated to weigh in on every single one of them as well?

Bush is under NO obligation to speak out on this subject to save your pansyass'ed leader from himself.

Obama: Lookin'-kinda-dumb-with-your-finger-and-your-thumb-in-the-shape-of-an-L-on-your-forehead.
Really, where did I say "best of buddies". He worked quite a lot for the state department. They even sent him to the Middle East on a tour, to REPRESENT THE UNITED STATES. So, either you are saying that Imam Rauf was a radical Imam that President Bush and his administration embraced enough to use as a UNITED STATES representative, or the current Republican attacks on this man are simply without merit.

I never said that Bush is under any obligation to speak out. I said that it was reasonable for journalists of any ilk to wonder what Bush thinks about this, or even to ask.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:00 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
More lefties, demanding G.W. Bush weigh in on the mosque fiasco to save obama's butt.

Are these the same lefties who couldn't wait for Bush to vacate the Oval Office? Who claimed Bush did untold damage to US-muslim relations? Who had nothing but derision and disdain for this president?

PostPartisan - Giuliani speaks on 'mosque.' Now, where's George W. Bush?

Quote:
Giuliani speaks on 'mosque.' Now, where's George W. Bush?

Now that Giulaini has broken his silence, it’s time for another one to do so. Calling George W. Bush.
The Faith Divide: We need George Bush - On Faith at washingtonpost.com

Quote:
For Bush, mainstream moderate Muslims were part of the "we."

After 9/11, Bush went to a mosque and declared that Islam was a religion of peace. He said forcefully that anyone who attacked Arab or Muslim Americans in some kind of twisted attempt at revenge for 9/11 would be met with the full force of American law.
Opinion: Why I Miss George Bush

Quote:
For all of Bush's faults; one of the good things he did as president was to ensure that the country did not engage in a witch hunt against American Muslims, simply because it was a radical Islamic group that attacked America on 9/11. As president, Bush spoke consistently and effectively about the importance of respecting religious differences in American society and not turning hatred of al-Qaida into a broad-based attack against all Muslims.
Well, shouldn't you be demanding of the current president to speak up?

The only reason they want Bush to enter the fray is to "corroborate" obama, who has a credibility problem with the American people.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:01 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times
Default This is going around on Facebook---

If you think that putting up a mosque 600 ft. from ground zero & having the inauguration on the anniversary of 9/11/11 is immoral, inhuman, & a complete lack of respect for the memories of all that perished there on that day & their survivors, that politicians are doing a grave injustice to the fallen heroes, to their families, & to all the people of New York City, THEN PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS TO YOUR WALL

Old 08-19-2010, 11:30 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Thanks for my joke OF THE DAY. Like you really care about what Bush has to say, that in itself is a joke. The partisan hypocirsy from this current Adminstration, is astounding in itself. I think Obama is the one who should keep is trap shut, i know, he is our current Leader bar none, POOR US. And i do not see integrity coming from this current President or thug style rough me up Admintration, point fingers, blame everyone but themselves.The fact that so many fingers from this adminstration have pointed themselves to bush, is a fete in itself that Bush does keep quitet i sure would not, shows he has more class. And in the short time that this Obamadunse has been President, i have heard enough of him, to last my life time.
Class you say? He's a dry drunk that ran the country into the ground without the integrity or principles to stand by anything that he said after 9/11in reference to Muslims. No, I'm not interested in any more of his BS lies, but one cannot help but observe that he's a jellyfish. He doesn't have the gonads to reaffirm his own words because they are most likely in Cheney's back pocket.

In his own words; Bush on Islam

In the President’s Words: Respecting Islam

The United States is a nation dedicated to religious tolerance and freedom, and President Bush has acted to ensure that the world's Muslims know that America appreciates and celebrates the traditions of Islam.

"Here in the United States our Muslim citizens are making many contributions in business, science and law, medicine and education, and in other fields. Muslim members of our Armed Forces and of my administration are serving their fellow Americans with distinction, upholding our nation's ideals of liberty and justice in a world at peace."
Remarks by the President on Eid Al-Fitr
The Islamic Center of Washington, D.C.
December 5, 2002

"Over the past month, Muslims have fasted, taking no food or water during daylight hours, in order to refocus their minds on faith and redirect their hearts to charity. Muslims worldwide have stretched out a hand of mercy to those in need. Charity tables at which the poor can break their fast line the streets of cities and towns. And gifts of food and clothing and money are distributed to ensure that all share in God's abundance. Muslims often invite members of other families to their evening iftar meals, demonstrating a spirit of tolerance."
Remarks by the President on Eid Al-Fitr
The Islamic Center of Washington, D.C.
December 5, 2002

There's a whole page of his rhetoric...
Bush Islam quotes sayings Bush Muslims

Old 08-19-2010, 11:32 PM

767 posts, read 489,784 times
Pine, Bush? It would have been perfect if you said they are resorting back to their roots.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:59 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Face it, obama is AFRAID to weight in with his personal opinion.
Um...that makes no sense.

1. People generally avoid that which they fear.
2. If Obama was afraid to weigh in on this topic with his personal opinion, then he wouldn't have weighed in with his personal opinion.
3. However, Obama obviously did weigh in with his personal opinion, however poorly phrased it may have been.
4. Therefore, one can logically conclude that Obama must not be afraid to weigh in with his personal opinion.

See how that works?

Old 08-20-2010, 05:26 AM

57,316 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Every time a politician weighs in on this issue the situation goes from bad to worse. Bush is doing the right thing by staying out of the debate so should all the candidates up for reelection. They are just using the mosque and 9/11 for their own personal gain and they will not be deciding this issue in any event.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:18 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Um...that makes no sense.

1. People generally avoid that which they fear.
2. If Obama was afraid to weigh in on this topic with his personal opinion, then he wouldn't have weighed in with his personal opinion.
3. However, Obama obviously did weigh in with his personal opinion, however poorly phrased it may have been.
4. Therefore, one can logically conclude that Obama must not be afraid to weigh in with his personal opinion.

See how that works?
He only weighed in on the constitutionality of the issue, NOT whether they SHOULD build it or not.

He is a coward and the only reason he won't weigh in is that he will take the side of the muslims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Every time a politician weighs in on this issue the situation goes from bad to worse. Bush is doing the right thing by staying out of the debate so should all the candidates up for reelection. They are just using the mosque and 9/11 for their own personal gain and they will not be deciding this issue in any event.
Hey, no one asked obama to step in it again, he did that all on his own and then back tracked twice to mitigate his remarks when he realized the nation as a whole AND the 9/11 families had something to say about his stupidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies