Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 07:00 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Please read my post again. You seem to have missed an important point and instead went off topic. My point was that he caters to special interests. A "Committed Christian" doesn't do that.

Perhaps you don't care?
So, all those Republicans who are "Committed Christians" do not cater to their own particular special interests?? How about some examples of "committed Christian" politicians - of either ilk - who do not "cater to special interests."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 07:37 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Please read my post again. You seem to have missed an important point and instead went off topic. My point was that he caters to special interests. A "Committed Christian" doesn't do that.

Perhaps you don't care?
Must have missed the golden rule that states Christians cant cater to special interests
As for your wish "I'd like to see the current President consider the needs of all people",he is trying he's just not doing it the way you would like him to do it..Maybe you should become President and then we can all do it your way

Old 08-29-2010, 07:55 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
So, all those Republicans who are "Committed Christians" do not cater to their own particular special interests?? How about some examples of "committed Christian" politicians - of either ilk - who do not "cater to special interests."

How about 'any politician' who does not cater to
their own particular special interests??

Old 08-29-2010, 08:16 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
How about 'any politician' who does not cater to
their own particular special interests??
The OP singled out "committed Christians" as being "special."

IMO, "honest politician" is an oxymoron.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:46 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
I'd question the commitment to Biblical principles. Which takes priority in their work as politicians? Their faith or their politics? Do they look out for themselves and their voter base (notice I didn't say all citizens), or do they have the courage to do the right thing, no matter what?

Too many politicians put aside their principles when it may cost them votes to stick by them. A few come to mind, but since this is a topic about Obama, they shall remain unnamed. Of course, Obama would never sacrifice his principles for votes, never mislead the citizenry as to his intentions, never play upon our hopes and fears.

Quote:
The OP singled out "committed Christians" as being "special."

IMO, "honest politician" is an oxymoron.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:52 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Must have missed the golden rule that states Christians cant cater to special interests
Good for you! You know your Bible. The NT says exactly that. We shouldn't play favorites or cater to special interests.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:57 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
I am not going to take time to read the entire post cause we have out of town company due in a few hours, but my opinion on this:

No, he is not a committed Christian or a committed anything except a committed lover of himself!!!!

Nita

Old 08-30-2010, 11:05 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The news about 1 in 5 believeing he is a muslim is teatament to how effectivenness of propaganda in US. It is embarrassing how people will believe anything they hear.

So, Obama is a muslim who sat in a Christian church for 20 years listening to a racist pastor. Does that make any sense?

Bingo, and thank you very much, for knowing what i am thinking. It is apparently odd, and so right, Obama a Muslim who sat in a Christian Church for 20 years listening to Jeremiah Wright,. Does this make any sense, nothing about this Administration or President makes any sense to me at all!

Old 08-30-2010, 03:34 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,539,616 times
Who cares if he's a committed Christian or not? As long as he's not a right-wing fanatic of ANY kind, it shouldn't be an issue.

I guess it would be more shocking if he were an athiest - then the Muslims, Christians, and the Jews could be pissed off together.

Wait . . . maybe that's the solution.

Geez people, he was elected. He's the president. If you don't like him, then get out to vote for someone else next time around.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:50 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
Geez people, he was elected. He's the president. If you don't like him, then get out to vote for someone else next time around.
I think what really ticks off the right is that they now know if they'd got off their fat butts and gone out to vote rather than expecting some one else to do it they wouldnt now all be having a hissy fit about the President being black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies