Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 12:25 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,541,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Another "September 10, 2001" quote (just substitute "Al-Qaida" for "Iranian")

No doubt. But can they dismantle ALL Iranian mines before detonation?
They can destroy Iranian mine laying boats and ships. US Navy is in the Gulf. I did repair work on our mine sweeper boats. They are not only highly manuverable, they are also high tech. It's our helicopters that do the detonating of the mines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 12:29 PM

504 posts, read 457,261 times
Default Know your opponent!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
I'll give 3 to 1 odds on that, 2 to 1 if all the other Muslim countries jump in....

Yeah yeah I know I should give better odds, but Israel would have Obama pulling on that Choker Chain................

If Pakistan and Saudi get into it and the US stays on the sidelines I'll see you on that 2 to 1.

The Chinese have been hooking our middle eastern friends up with some shiznit. Trust me dont ask me nothing just trust me. The Chinese have leveled the playing field more than our govt will admit as we are so deeply indebted to them....lol.......but its not funny.

Flying into a radar and tracking system with capabilities you didnt anticipate is a horrible time to learn you have underestimated your enemy.

Iran has sleeper cells everywhere, they arent a rag tag bunch of losers being manipulated by the CIA like Al Qaeda, these are military and intelligence opearatives that you dont want to play with.......

Hope you know what youre yapping about!!! I know I do. Lol

Old 08-22-2010, 12:30 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
Ever been to the Middle East? Something tells me as a female, after a few hours walking around Tehran you will be yelling at the mountaintop for the Zionist to come and get you!
She (if really a she) probably never did walk the streets of Tehran - but there's an interesting phenomenum commonly seen in Western feminists - called the sheikh fantasy:

Sheik fantasies: Orientalism and feminine desire in the desert romance. (Sarah Holland's novel 'Desert Destiny') - Hecate | HighBeam Research - FREE trial

She may find that thought of what would happen to her walking the streets of Tehran a little exciting.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:36 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,443,092 times
I'd feel bad about the innocent Irani lives that would be lost, but I'd be celebrating the end of Iran as we know it. Israel would annihilate them in about 3 days. Maybe then the Jew-haters would finally learn to stop rattling their sabers at Israel and back the hell off.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:39 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,541,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I'd feel bad about the innocent Irani lives that would be lost, but I'd be celebrating the end of Iran as we know it. Israel would annihilate them in about 3 days. Maybe then the Jew-haters would finally learn to stop rattling their sabers at Israel and back the hell off.
There are some Iranians who would also celebrate the loss of their current government.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:48 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Jill, do you really think that they don't understand the difference between Jews and Zionists?
There's some whacked right wing government in Israel; same as in Iran.
The citizenry is fine in both countries but both governments suck to high heaven.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:52 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,452,288 times
I'd just break down and cry. One of my best friends is currently in Israel right now with his family. I have many other friends who either made aliyah or are from Israel, or who have Israeli family. On the other hand, I also have many friends who still have their entire families in Iran. Some of them have gone this summer to visit but I am not sure if any are still there.

So many innocents on BOTH sides.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:55 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times
Russia would play a big part in any upcoming Mid-East War:

Collective Security Treaty Organisation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
On February 4, 2009, an agreement to create the Collective Rapid Reaction Force (KSOR) (Russian: Коллекти́вные си́лы операти́вного реаги́рования (КСОР)) was reached by five of the seven members, with plans finalized on June 14. The force is intended to be used to repulse military aggression, conduct anti-terrorist operations, fight transnational crime and drug trafficking, and neutralize the effects of natural disasters. Belarus and Uzbekistan initially refrained from signing on to the agreement; Belarus because of a trade dispute with Russia, and Uzbekistan due to general concerns. Belarus signed the agreement the following October while Uzbekistan has yet to sign it. However a source in the Russian delegation said Uzbekistan would not participate in the collective force on a permanent basis but would "delegate" its detachments to take part in operations on an ad hoc basis.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:01 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times
Quote:
The Chinese have been hooking our middle eastern friends up with some shiznit. Trust me dont ask me nothing just trust me. The Chinese have leveled the playing field more than our govt will admit as we are so deeply indebted to them....lol.......but its not funny.
To guarantee decades of access to Iranian natural gas at prices 50% below market all the PRC Central Committee would have to do is issue a press release stating that, "The People's Bank of China has decided to trim holdings of U.S. Treasuries by 15% in response to Western aggression in the Persian Gulf region."

A bond panic would ensue.

Interest rates would jack up 10% overnight.

Goodbye, American economy! (Except for American savers who would make out like bandits!)

Furthermore...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shangha...n_Organisation

Quote:
In June 2002, the heads of the SCO member states met in Saint Petersburg, Russia. There they signed the SCO Charter which expounded on the organisation's purposes, principles, structures and form of operation, and established it officially from the point of view of international law.
Its six full members account for 60% of the land mass of Eurasia and its population is a third of the world’s. With observer states included, its affiliates account for half of the human race.
At its fifth and watershed summit in the capital of Kazakhstan, Astana, in June 2005, when representatives of India, Iran, Mongolia and Pakistan attended an SCO summit for the first time, the president of the country hosting the summit, Nursultan Nazarbayev, greeted the guests in words that had never before been used in any context: “The leaders of the states sitting at this negotiation table are representatives of half of humanity.” [1]
By 2007 the SCO had initiated over twenty large-scale projects related to transportation, energy and telecommunications and held regular meetings of security, military, defense, foreign affairs, economic, cultural, banking and other officials from its member states. No multinational organization with such far-ranging and comprehensive mutual interests and activities has ever existed on this scale before.[2]
The SCO has now established relations with the United Nations, where it is an observer in the General Assembly, the European Union, ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations), the Commonwealth of Independent States and the Organization of Islamic Conference.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:02 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,349,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post

Russia would play a big part in any upcoming Mid-East War:

Great minds think alike.

I just posted about CSTO - see bottom of page 4

http://www.city-data.com/forum/15578478-post40.html

Here is my previous post [in case anyone missed it.]

Ever hear of Tajikistan ?

Fars News Agency :: Iran, Tajikistan Sign Defense Cooperation Agreement

Tajikistan is a member of the CSTO

Check out the other members of CSTO

There has been discussion of Iran joining CSTO
and the SCO [which basically is the CSTO + China.]

Iran already has observer status in the SCO.

And... by the way... the President of Russia attended
a CSTO summit meeting in Armenia this weekend.

~

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies