Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2010, 02:28 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I did.

If you have people on ignore, you shouldn't get upset that your questions aren't being answered.
Did what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 02:30 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I think Beck was on some kind of hallucinogenic drug, maybe peyote buttons.
I'm NA and live in Peyote country. No one I know would ever give Beck any Buttons. More likely PCP.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:33 PM

17,429 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Did what?

Sigh.

"I did" would be in reference to his first question.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:51 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:

Sigh.

"I did" would be in reference to his first question.
..and I was asking for the very distinct reason of getting to the belief element in the "goose" reference...

Old 09-01-2010, 03:00 PM

17,429 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
..and I was asking for the very distinct reason of getting to the belief element in the "goose" reference...
You make absolutely no sense.

Talk to me like I'm a democrat so I can understand ...

Old 09-01-2010, 03:06 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
You make absolutely no sense.

Talk to me like I'm a democrat so I can understand ...
Evidently you think you answered who-me's question with this post?

"Sorry, I actually work for a living ... I don't spend all my time waiting for threads to post on.

I happened to love the geese flyover.

Coincidence? Maybe. Sign from God? Maybe. Geese just flying south for the winter? Maybe.

Who knows? I would never be so presumptuous to say I know it all.

The older I get the more I know that there are things in this world that defy explanation.

Whatever it is or was, it was actually a pretty neat thing to watch.

And is it so horrible to think that maybe it was a sign from a higher power? Whatever Beck's motives - there were hundreds of thousands of people there who came with the best intentions ... there was no violence, no uprisings and no litter either.

People really need to lighten up."

But her question was, if it was a sign from God, what did the sign mean?

And you pointedly didn't answer that question, while endlessly putting down people and claiming that you did. Uh, no, you didn't.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:09 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
i dont especially like beck but i saw parts of the rally, it looked harmless to me. a few fat ladies singing gospel but no harm in that.
where i saw the real hate was at durham high school take back our freedom rally-- whose sole purpose seemed to be to bash the DC rally.
i will give al sharpton credit, i loved the speech "young black men, pull up your pants and put down your gun."

Old 09-01-2010, 03:10 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Common sense thinking people are not going to answer such a nutty post.
WHOA!
The POST is nutty??

The MessiahBeck SAID the geese flying over were a sign from god.

I ask questions about it and MY POST is nutty???

NO, my post isn't nutty, it's just that even repugs can't come up with an explanation for that much baloney...that's all...

Old 09-01-2010, 03:13 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
The Catholics have the Holy spirit represented as a dove.
The Protestants have their "dove of peace"
The US Gov. has it's eagles with olive branches and arrows
The radical right has it's "Goose of God" which makes perfect sense.
The whole movement is predicated on fear and anger. If a flock of Geese flew over me I'd be fearful of the consquences and angry if one dropped his message on me. There you have it.
Thank you!!!Very funny....

Old 09-01-2010, 03:17 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,245,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Pretty sure it means, throughout history America has seen many great leaders and noteworthy citizens change her course. It is through their personal virtues and by their example that we are able to live as a free people. On August 28, come celebrate America by honoring our heroes, our heritage and our future.
This non-political event that pays tribute to America’s service personnel and other upstanding citizens who embody our nation’s founding principles of integrity, truth and honor.

Our freedom is possible only if we remain virtuous. Help us restore the values that founded this great nation. On August, 28th, come join us in our pledge to restore honor at the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC.

Back to our ROOTS! Time to take back what is rightfully ours.

Who took away what is rightfully ours? Names would be nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies