Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 04:37 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,732,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I was wondering the same thing. I see much more evidence of crystal meth abuse out in rural areas than in the city 'burbs.

OP, links please.

West Virginia has a huge meth problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 06:48 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
West Virginia has a huge meth problem.
OK.........and that has what to do with meth use in suburbia? A significant portion of W. Virginia is quite rural.

Still waiting for the OP to provide links showing that meth is mostly a problem is suburban America.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:43 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny napalm View Post
Do innocent poeple not pay for the huge drug burden, even though they never do drugs? The doctors could call it in without seeing you. This could be a etter way to document the sell of these drugs. You are allready paying for the control of all drugs.
A lot of people do not have health insurance or do not see a Dr. regularly.

Drs. will not phone in scripts for someone they do not see on a regular basis.

Making these drugs prescription only would put an unfair burden on innocent people, especially those that can least afford it.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:58 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,063,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I think it depends on what part of the country you are in. In some suburbs in the South and Midwest Meth is much more prevalent than Heroin.
In the south I have seen where meth is used readily in the poorer white areas like your trailer park areas. Alot of those individuals in that surrounding turn to meth. I read on this post that meth labs are expensive, then how do they sustain themselves in trailer park areas?? Most of the trailer parks are not where the wealthy hang out.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:26 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_K View Post
It has everything to do with parents and parents not being involved. If parents were more involved in ways other than general Q&A just to show interest, as is much the case...... things would be much different !

You sound like a perfect example ! You were going to party and figure out how to do it...... apparently your parents weren't involved enough to be aware of your highly set goals in life at that time then did they. And you obviously were not comfortable enough with them to openly talk about life either by the sound of it.
No, I sound like the typical teen. In the 60s we weren't taking drugs with parents; in fact, kids don't talk with their parents about experimenting with drugs. Nice Pollyanna world you want to live in, but that really doesn't exist. Same as with drinking. My parents didn't leash me to their sides. I worked and partied and went to high school where I was an A student and on a team or two.

I think you need a reality check.

And you have to be psycho to want to be around your kids 24/7...... If I had to be around mine 24/7, I'D be using drugs...... not them !

Like strawflower says too, sometimes it doesn't matter what you do..... it will be what it will be no matter the influence. That's just the way it is, but not something I would hang my hat on all the time either !
Kids will be kids.
They'll want to experiment, to try something new, to be cool.
Weren't you ever kids?

http://www.jointogether.org/news/fea...juana-use.html
http://www.marijuanaaddictiontreatme...ics-facts.html
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/a...c2648655c.html

Old 08-31-2010, 10:53 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,300,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewcas View Post
I don't do meth. I live in NYC and never met any1 who has. I don't think it big here. I could tell you one thing though. It's cheaper than crack and gets you much higher for much longer.
It isn't big in NYC, but more and more people are doing it. I have a friend who's boyfriend sells it. He's goes all over Manhattan making deliveries. You'd think grown men and women would know better....but they aren't acting like it.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
It isn't big in NYC, but more and more people are doing it. I have a friend who's boyfriend sells it. He's goes all over Manhattan making deliveries. You'd think grown men and women would know better....but they aren't acting like it.
I don't see the problem with drug use.
If it's not a problem for the individual and they do something now and again, what's the big deal.
They're adults and can make their own decisions.

Talk about nannying.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:59 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
Default Why do so many kids in the suburbs use Meth?

because there no one around to teach them any better

Old 08-31-2010, 11:11 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,300,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I don't see the problem with drug use.
If it's not a problem for the individual and they do something now and again, what's the big deal.
They're adults and can make their own decisions.

Talk about nannying.
I'm no prude, I've been well educated on drugs yet in college made the decision to join in on fun along with others in the group. At some point I had to ask myself if it was worth it.

I wouldn't consider it nannying. I wouldn't lecture these people about their drug use- obviously they see and hear about the downsides of meth addiction, yet they convince themselves they won't be toothless and stinking on the side of the road. Begging for fix money by holding a cup or selling their bodies. I know it doesn't happen to everyone, and I guess the high is so good that it is worth the risk.

The big deal is it can get out of control and ruin lives.

Recreational drug use is all fun and glamour until someone gets addicted, loses their job and their family.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
I'm no prude, I've been well educated on drugs yet in college made the decision to join in on fun along with others in the group. At some point I had to ask myself if it was worth it.

I wouldn't consider it nannying. I wouldn't lecture these people about their drug use- obviously they see and hear about the downsides of meth addiction, yet they convince themselves they won't be toothless and stinking on the side of the road. Begging for fix money by holding a cup or selling their bodies. I know it doesn't happen to everyone, and I guess the high is so good that it is worth the risk.
The big deal is it can get out of control and ruin lives.

Recreational drug use is all fun and glamour until someone gets addicted, loses their job and their family.
This type of hyperbole is the reason why people don't believe the garbage that they hear preached at them.

Not everyone will become an addict.
Many people try something a time or two, or for a period of time and quit, with no problem to themselves or their families.

Addiction comes in many forms: gambling, drugs, drinking, food, internet, etc.
If you've got an addictive personality, you'll get addicted to something.
Just because something CAN get out of control does not mean that it WILL get out of control.

You didn't like it, so you stopped. That's your choice.
Let others be to do what they want with their bodies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies