Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 05:31 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,049,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
wrong.. Obama has signed into law $672B in tax increases.. you can keep ignoring this fact but that doesnt make it not true..
By letting the tax cuts expire on the top 2% incomes... the deficit would be reduced by $678 BILLION over the next 10 years... a fact you keep ignoring...

Old 10-21-2010, 05:47 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
If they're insured then what are you complaining about?... The tax payers would then foot the bill through FDIC...
You asked why they were passing out loans to people who couldnt pay. I answered why.. Where was my complaint? If I'm complaining its becase TAXPAYERS are on the hook for something they shouldnt be on the hook for..
Quote:
By letting the tax cuts expire on the top 2% incomes... the deficit would be reduced by $678 BILLION over the next 10 years... a fact you keep ignoring...
Wrong.. Tax revenue INCREASED when tax cuts were passed. Investment tax revenue DOUBLED when tax cuts were passed. There isnt one bit of evidence to show that the top 2% would pay $67.8B a year in new taxes. All you have is left wing politicians mouthing bs over and over.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
You asked why they were passing out loans to people who couldnt pay. I answered why.. Where was my complaint? If I'm complaining its becase TAXPAYERS are on the hook for something they shouldnt be on the hook for...
Correct... taxpayers are on the hook thanks to the greedy banks out to steal the wealth of the middle class...

Quote:
Wrong.. Tax revenue INCREASED when tax cuts were passed. Investment tax revenue DOUBLED when tax cuts were passed. There isnt one bit of evidence to show that the top 2% would pay $67.8B a year in new taxes. All you have is left wing politicians mouthing bs over and over.
This is the most ass backwards statement you have made so far in your attempt to defend the elitist Republican party...

How does tax revenue increase if tax cuts for the wealthy are passed?... There is definite proof that those Bush tax cut expirations will reduce the deficit...

Old 10-22-2010, 09:38 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,739,877 times
Quote:
The fact that the wealthy Repubs are in such an uproar about having their tax breaks expire rather than the plight of the middle class reflects their selfish and greedy nature.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:16 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,026 times
Wealthy republicans believe that 'charitable donations' are the answer to the ever shrinking middle class.
Some of this wine is "don't force me" to give but, continue my tax breaks & I will give, I promise.

Translation: I got me mine.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:59 PM

Republicans now want to end Social Security and Unemployment Benefits so they can grab those Billions... add to that... They want to shut down public schools so they can privatize the school system...
In other words, steal all the public sector money and privatize everything...

Old 10-22-2010, 03:12 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Republicans now want to end Social Security and Unemployment Benefits so they can grab those Billions... add to that... They want to shut down public schools so they can privatize the school system...
Ok..end SS. Gimme back my money that I put in and I'll go invest myself.
Schools..fine by me too. The schools are doing everything BUT educating these days. Just move the money to giant day care centers for ages 5-16.
Those parents that value education will find a way. The others..well consider it taxpayer money not wasted.

Old 10-22-2010, 05:18 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
I don't know whose campaign you're working for but they should get their money back.

Old 10-22-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I don't know whose campaign you're working for but they should get their money back.
Not working for any campaign... but if it was the Republicans... They'd try to steal it back from me anyway...

Old 10-22-2010, 06:06 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
If you truly feel that the Republicians are the only ones doing this, you live in a dream world, your own. First of all both parties are so very guilty of taking what does not belong to them, both of them, they have both been caught trying to explain the money in their pocketbooks, and they do have the explanations don't they. And the democrats give money freely to those non deserving of it, lots of money to those who never intend to work, and to take advantage of the system, and they do. Both parties are guilty of the same crimes, and both parties have those that folow the laws and work with integrity. You have good politicans and the bad. Both Democrat and Republicinas try to make us think that they are different but in reality, neither one really gives a hoot about us, because this damn immigration problem would have been dealt with by now. Both have failed us miserably on this issue, and the current adminsitration doesn't seem to think that we have a problem with illegals in this Country, they need a freaking clue. And this present Democratic Administration has some doozies to tell us, instead of the truth, they are pouring it on thick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies