Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 07:52 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,783,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I would have no problem "villifying" a POTUS of any color if his blatant lies about Iraq led to these sickening stories....

Iraq veteran loses arms and legs to a bomb
Iraq veteran loses arms and legs to a bomb | Chattanooga Times Free Press

SURGEONS REBUILD IRAQ WAR VETERAN'S ENTIRE NOSE USING HIS OWN BODY PARTS
SURGEONS REBUILD IRAQ WAR VETERAN'S ENTIRE NOSE USING HIS OWN BODY PARTS

Three with disfiguring injuries learn to live with their new looks
Three with disfiguring injuries learn to live with their new looks | ScrippsNews

Injured soldier gets new face
Injured soldier gets new face

War is hell as they say. Every war and conflict has had headlines like these, if not more. It is a sad thing for these soldiers, I admit that. So I am sure you vilified those past POTUS's like LBJ, Clinton, and now Obama who has expanded the Afgan War? If not, get started, or do you pick and choose depending on their party affiliation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
The future is where most Republicans like to live, anything they can to avoid the now.

Can't speak for Republicans as I am a Libertarian.....That being said, I live in the here and now, but also think about what the future holds for us as a nation. Time will tell what history says about Bush and Obama and their policies, failed or not.....

Old 09-06-2010, 08:12 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,996 times
Talking Bush's Image Making A Rebound

This will last about as long as a candle in the wind.

The facts:

Bush came into office with America at peace, a federal budget surplus, and the economy in good shape.

He left office eight years later with two badly mismanaged and unresovled middle east wars (one totally bogus), record budget deficits with NOTHING to show for all of that spending, and the worst economic crisis in several generations.

You do the math...

Old 09-06-2010, 09:06 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times
[quote=pghquest;15725407]Thats a pretty sad cop out.. Thats like saying that Hitlers approval rating has no where to go but up..

Btw, hows the Democratic Congressional approval rating going?
That is irrelevant at this point to them now when the Republicans take over it will matter once again! Hell, they did not even take knowledge when the Dems had control and screwing things up still blamed it on the Republicans when they were not even the majority.

Why, because girls cant become presidents?

Not in the Dem party. Just like the right to vote.

Old 09-06-2010, 03:37 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,616,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So what you are saying, is that Bush isnt alone or to blame?
Bush wasn't alone but that hardly absolves him of blame. His policies encouraged the bubble.

Quote:
Which is the flaw in the left wings argument that government needs to assist everyone with things like college costs, housing costs etc..
The countries I mentioned which do less to encourage homeownership but higher rates of homeownership than the US have lower college costs than the US.

And Bush was not the first conservative to encourage homeownership as an official policy goal. EVERY US president of both parties from FDR to Obama have had encouraging homeownership as an official policy goal.

Quote:
I wouldnt invest in either location due to cap rates and risk/reward, but if all other things were EQUAL, then yes..... Your comparison isnt even close because the other things arent "equal"..
You do claim a higher percentage of owner occupied SFRs makes an area more desirable when there are many examples to the contrary.

Quote:
I actually own a property in Detroit, and wouldnt look at NYC
Not being able to afford NYC is legit, but I don't know why anyone would want to own property in Detroit.

Old 09-06-2010, 03:54 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,655,343 times
http://americangrandjury.org/article_photos/miss_me_yet.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-06-2010, 04:05 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,709,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
One of our greatest capacities as Americans, is to forgive and forget. I'm just damn glad that Bush jr. never had a son.
No, but he has a brother, jeb who was a very popular Governor for Florida. So we could hear from the Bush's again.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
No, but he has a brother, jeb who was a very popular Governor for Florida. So we could hear from the Bush's again.

That is true, you never know.......

Old 09-06-2010, 04:08 PM

haha...too funny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies