Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 02:18 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,210,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
LOL that's the best you could come up with?

Gee, if thats all the "lies" Beck has told in his hundreds of radio/tv shows, then he's been pretty spot on. No wonder you guys fear him so much. Damn those pesky kids who expose liberal progressives evil plans!
No, that is a very incomplete list. Many, many places list his lies and are more frequently updated; they're just more aggravating to dig up and link to. You can see video and hear audio of Glenn lying, and contrast them with the well-sourced facts, at MediaMatters; it's probably the most complete source. Just search "Glenn Beck" -- unless you're not allowed to go there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 02:26 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,348,659 times
Quote:
Some of you should really actually read, research, and learn before you start taking shots.

The money raised, went to SOWF. Special Operations Warriors Foundation. A foundation that raises money for the kids of Special Operations soldiers who lose their lives. The money is to help fund the kids college education.

Oh and over $5 million was raised.

------------------------------------------------

And to the regular Beck and conservative haters who plague this board with mostly hateful crap. When someone on the Left, especially one of your beloved loud mouth liberal radio/tv hosts, has a rally of this size to promote good, peace, honor while at the same time raising millions for such a good cause....let me know. I dont seem to recall any of the big mouths on the left doing much of anything for good. They dont get involved and they dont spend their own money to do anything even close to what Beck did for the Rally.

When one of these hosts holds a PEACEFUL gathering not filled with hate and anger and vulgarness, let me know. When they hold a gathering of hundreds of thousands and the crowd actually behaves and cleans up after themselves, let me know.

It hasnt happened, and it most likely will never happen. But go ahead, keep your hate, anger, and jealousy directed at Glenn Beck, his listeners, and Conservatives, if that is what makes you feel better.
Quote:
PLEASE NOTE: All contributions made to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation (SOWF), either directly or through the auction proceeds, will first be applied to the costs of the Restoring Honor Rally taking place on August 28, 2010. All contributions in excess of these costs will then be retained by the SOWF.
Various sites have estimated the costs of the rally to be $2 million and the check to SOWF to be about $5 million.

Appears that Beck and Palin did OK, as did the charity.

Old 09-09-2010, 03:15 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,946,997 times
Quote:
I've never heard that. The foundation that was talked about and where money went to was SOWF.
Mission Statement - Special Operations Warrior Foundation

The Special Operations Warrior Foundation provides full scholarship grants and educational and family counseling to the surviving children of special operations personnel who die in operational or training missions and immediate financial assistance to severely wounded special operations personnel and their families.

Old 09-09-2010, 03:51 PM

18,412 posts, read 19,066,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
Can you provide us with documentation that would establish Mr. Beck as a liar?

Please be specific.

has anyone mentioned when he said at his rally..."I went to the National Archives, and I held the first inaugural address written in his own hand by George Washington."

Old 09-09-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
has anyone mentioned when he said at his rally..."I went to the National Archives, and I held the first inaugural address written in his own hand by George Washington."
Yeah, what's the rest of that story? Maybe one of Glennie's students will come along and fill it in.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:40 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,513,802 times
So I saw 15 people interviewed on that "expose", what percentage does that come out to when there were 100,000 people there? (We all know there were more than 100,000 of course but let's be conservative ).

Old 09-09-2010, 06:41 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,145,320 times
Some of you on the right have expressed your anger at the video. I don't understand why. I'd think you'd be 100% supportive of people expressing their views, even if those views appear to be bigoted, racist, or just plain ignorant. But, no. You slam the left and accuse them of misrepresenting people you claim are like yourselves. Essentially, those of you on the right are acting out because it is embarrassing to watch. Instead of fighting your supposed enemy (the left) why not educate yourselves and the people that too often symbolize your side of the aisle? Isn't that a better strategy?

There is ignorance on the right AND on the left--and even in the middle! Until we eliminate all manners by which people remain ignorant, we'll still have videos like this one. Hmm, come to think of it, I can't think of ever seeing a video that shows liberals being ignorant. I wonder why there's so few of them?

Old 09-09-2010, 06:45 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,513,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Some of you on the right have expressed your anger at the video. I don't understand why. I'd think you'd be 100% supportive of people expressing their views, even if those views appear to be bigoted, racist, or just plain ignorant. But, no. You slam the left and accuse them of misrepresenting people you claim are like yourselves. Essentially, those of you on the right are acting out because it is embarrassing to watch. Instead of fighting your supposed enemy (the left) why not educate yourselves and the people that too often symbolize your side of the aisle? Isn't that a better strategy?
Like the New Black Panther Party represents the left and those people are "like yourselves" on the left? Is that the type of straw-man you're propping up here?

Old 09-09-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post

There is ignorance on the right AND on the left--and even in the middle! Until we eliminate all manners by which people remain ignorant, we'll still have videos like this one. Hmm, come to think of it, I can't think of ever seeing a video that shows liberals being ignorant. I wonder why there's so few of them?
They've been trained to believe that a liberal arts education is elitist and weak. Vocational school is where real Americans go.

But they don't see the cruelty against them in that training.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:25 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,146,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Mission Statement - Special Operations Warrior Foundation

The Special Operations Warrior Foundation provides full scholarship grants and educational and family counseling to the surviving children of special operations personnel who die in operational or training missions and immediate financial assistance to severely wounded special operations personnel and their families.
Yes, and my answer was that over 5 million went to SOWF. They are a very repretible organization. If someone is questioning what they do with the money exactly, then they should go to their website and contact them. After listening to people associated with and who've been helped, I have no doubt that the money raised goes where it is suppose to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies