Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 04:07 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,240,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I gotta tell you. I listen to NPR on both my commutes... to and from work.

I believe that you may very well be engaging in recreational chemical abuse.
What he said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 05:28 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,330,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by altlover85 View Post
My advice still stands. You've done nothing but prove my point. Thank you.
Than that means you don't have one...

Old 09-08-2010, 05:34 PM

874 posts, read 1,661,161 times
Right, says the person with a fundamental misunderstanding of Statistics, Biology, and Epidemiology who prattles on about the evils of NPR. I think you have a much too narrow vision.

Old 09-08-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpk-nyc View Post
What are you talking about? Do you mean Schindler's List? The film made by Steven Spielberg about saving Jews from the Holocaust?

Of course Isaac Stern, Jascha Heifetz, Itzhak Perlman, et al are/were notoriously anti-Semitic Nazis.

No, NPR can't fool you.
Please, these clever little riddles don't work with me...

The theme of this thread is about NPR and how they constantly cite negitave black stats, without a reason, cause or cure...

I was comparing the ambiance of Schindlers list to that of NPR's broadcast...

If you think the Nazis influence or way of thinking ended with the defeat of Germany...your mistaken, many fled to Argentina, many came to America, and were employeed as scientist, social scientist, chemist, and many became college proffesiors, where many of these institutions are located...and you can see their aithiestic influence with how things are taught at Universities...

Their influence didn't end with the defeat of Hitler...and I'm saying if you watch Schindlers list...and then listen to NPR...there's a lot of simularities in how they 'reason'...

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 09-09-2010 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted text

Old 09-08-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Right, says the person with a fundamental misunderstanding of Statistics, Biology, and Epidemiology who prattles on about the evils of NPR. I think you have a much too narrow vision.
It was typical of Nazi scientist to cite 'biology' as the means of their 'superiority'....something NPR listeners have been conditioned to think too...

But that biology arguement actually weakens, not strengthens my point...

Slaves, coming from Africa, on their particular diet, made 'good' servants for the very fact that they could physically endure what others couldn't...

In other words they were healthy and fit in every way...or they would of callapsed, as others did, under those inhumane conditions...

Fast forward to today...after generations of being fed pig slop and other discarded foods on plantations...many in that community don't have the same endurance their ancestors did...but yet, genetically many are still the same....so what changed between Africa and 400 years in America?

(inserted edit: But even that's not true...for everyone who is born, is basically their own stat...depending on lifestyle choices from diet to religion to education ect ect...

Athletes in the NFL and NBA...when taking care of their bodies and eating right, are near super beings, compared to the rest of us...
But of course none of them are included in NPR agenda driven stats...while in shape their not prone to any of the things NPR says 'blacks' are more prone to get, instead they go to some lowly section 8 clinic and gather their health stats from areas like that)

Diet...being one....when you eat foods high in fat, grease and then don't excercise...it will take it's toll on your body...

Many Italian men were dropping dead of heart attacks in the 50' 60's cause of what they were eating...not because they were Italian...

How is that so hard to understand?

Unless of course there's an agenda...

When ones identity is tied up to believing that their 'better' than others...than they will believe only that which supports their own sense of superiority...

Last edited by Time and Space; 09-08-2010 at 06:03 PM..

Old 09-08-2010, 06:31 PM

38,033 posts, read 22,209,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Exactly.
But the ironic thing is that those NPR listeners think they are getting a non-biased take on news/world events.
Which we do not get from NPR. Have you ever noticed where NPR gets 90% of their "expert" guests from? Nine out of ten times their guests come from liberal colleges, and news outlets, like LA Times, Washington Post, New York times, Boston Globe, or Princeton, Columbia and UC Berkeley.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:35 PM

I think crappy food has hurt all of us. Saying that black people have more of a risk for something over time is true. Perhaps it's not genetic for some things, but there can be lifestyle things that affect black people more than white people because there aren't as many poor whites as blacks.

Sickle-cell is genetic for black people.

Anyway, you aren't proving an agenda. I don't think there is an agenda and I think it's good that NPR brings attention to the plight of black people.

Again, I haven't noticed a large focus on health issues. It depends on what shows you are watching.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving123456 View Post
What he said.
What I said was, if you ever listen to NPR...you'll notice they're very sympathetic to the Palestinian cause...they allow Palestinian guests rant on unchallenged about how 'evil' Isreal is....

NPR preaches science from a pure 'evolutionist' stand point...they, and all their guests, believe we all evolved...origon of species, survival of the fittest, genetics...

Without God, there is no 'equality'...if things evolved naturally, then some humans are just 'superior' 'cause nature made it that way'...and others are still 'lower down the chain'....(justification for whatever...)

The elitist on Schindlers list, and those at NPR...behave, think, and chatter in very simuluar ways...even down to the symphony music the Nazis loved to listen too while they carried out horrid deeds...seemed to relax them and justify their mission...

Old 09-08-2010, 06:50 PM

38,033 posts, read 22,209,288 times
Quote:
I think crappy food has hurt all of us. Saying that black people have more of a risk for something over time is true. Perhaps it's not genetic for some things, but there can be lifestyle things that affect black people more than white people because there aren't as many poor whites as blacks.

Sickle-cell is genetic for black people.

Anyway, you aren't proving an agenda. I don't think there is an agenda and I think it's good that NPR brings attention to the plight of black people.

Again, I haven't noticed a large focus on health issues. It depends on what shows you are watching.
The point here is, what is "black"? A person from Egypt, India, Barbados, or a Pacific Islander? "Black" is not a race.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The point here is, what is "black"? A person from Egypt, India, Barbados, or a Pacific Islander? "Black" is not a race.
This.

Black people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You could also say that black people are those that self-identify as black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies