Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 08:12 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,330,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by altlover85 View Post
This.

Black people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You could also say that black people are those that self-identify as black.
Bunk...

No offense against you altlover85...

But all this was written by proffesiors...

Like Indians..and the term 'Red'...ect ect...

I don't allow other people to define what I am...

Black, is still a meaningless term....it means nothing...it's a generic term...

No one went by 'black' or 'white'...until recent in history...mainly Americas history...people went by religion or tribes or Klans....

In the Euro-mans dictionary...'black' has many negitave connitations...

And the man who defines, is the man who has the power...

When Britian conquered the world, they redefined everything to suit their needs and their belief system...everyone elses belief systems and terminology got wiped out...

African slaves were forced to give up their native language, and weren't allowed to learn english...they were made and told they were nothing, for generations...it's all there in history...

In the mean time, to justify that type of ill treatment towards African slaves, indians, and other indiginious peoples around the world, certain others, for generations, were made to feel 'superior'...and that to got handed down...

Just as when the Egyptians ran things, they defined the world around them to suit their needs...

So no, 'black' to me is nothing...it's meaningless...and is simply loaded with Euro scientist connitations that creates a 'sub-class' of humans or man...for their convience...

(And yes, I know about the proffesior who deemed that term) but again...he wasn't my proffesior...

Last edited by Time and Space; 09-09-2010 at 08:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
I think crappy food has hurt all of us. Saying that black people have more of a risk for something over time is true. Perhaps it's not genetic for some things, but there can be lifestyle things that affect black people more than white people because there aren't as many poor whites as blacks.

Sickle-cell is genetic for black people.

Anyway, you aren't proving an agenda. I don't think there is an agenda and I think it's good that NPR brings attention to the plight of black people.

Again, I haven't noticed a large focus on health issues. It depends on what shows you are watching.
Bringing plight to 'black' people over and over again, without citing the reason or cause of why their in that condition, does no good at all...

All it does is demean people...

If blacks are unemployed at a higher rate...than cite why?
Who are these people who are not hiring them? And why?

Why not focus on the people or system that created these conditions for 'blacks'..?

And again, I'm not blaming you, but I even reject that sickle cell thing I've heard for years....why?

Cause of all the 'black' people and families I've met over the years, been friends with, associated with, not a single mention of anyone in there family or anyone they ever knew...having sickle-cell...not a single mention...

Do you know anyone personally who has it??

Back to NPR...even today they had to insert somemore 'Doom and gloom' for all black people nonsense...it just amazes me...

they make it seem as if all whites own yahts and sail boats, and live in mansions, and walk on rose peddles, and never get sick, never go to the hospital, never drink or do drugs...

Aren't effected by the economy, never get homes foreclosed on, basically are saints, with perfect lives, and families waiting to go to heaven...

Do you believe that?

Old 09-09-2010, 08:32 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,633,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Not only that, but why are NPR writers, reporters and labs, only interested in comparing themselves to 'blacks'...???

They, at NPR, never cite health stats on any other peoples other than this generic term 'blacks'....

They are obcessed with only showing disparities between whites and blacks...further more...what makes them think any one cares??

To just repeatidly cite negative stats, without a reason, cause, or cure, to me is symptomatic of something sinister...
The problem is paternalism. They think they are looking after black interests by championing their every cause, insisting they need special help in every aspect of life.

They don't do it intentionally, it's just a liberal reflex. But they are actually helping to destroy black individual autonomy and strength, promoting a Democrat group-think and dependency.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The point here is, what is "black"? A person from Egypt, India, Barbados, or a Pacific Islander? "Black" is not a race.
You are correct...being refered to as 'black'...is like signing your name as 'X'....one without a cultural identity, past or future...

When you see someone from the south Pacific Ilands, you think Tongan...proud warrior...

Or Hawian...steeped in tradition and allure...

In other words, everyone is identified, not by physical descriptors, but rather by heritage and title...all execpt those deemed 'black'...or 'X' people...

And it has caused countless damage to peoples moral and self esteem over the years...

Old 09-09-2010, 08:57 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,634,358 times
I'm shocked.

America and americans, racist?
How can you say that?

I mean it's not like they had slavery in the 19th century.
Or segregation well in to the 20th century.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:13 AM

38,033 posts, read 22,209,288 times
Quote:
This.

Black people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You could also say that black people are those that self-identify as black.
Wiki is the gold standard now?

The exploitative PC crowd balled them "black", and then the race handlers in government started in on it. They realized they could expand the victimhood class, and their voting block, by simply referring to people as "black". If they thought that creating a victims group out of red-headed folks with freckles would garner them some more votes, then they would,

Old 09-10-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
The problem is paternalism. They think they are looking after black interests by championing their every cause, insisting they need special help in every aspect of life.

They don't do it intentionally, it's just a liberal reflex. But they are actually helping to destroy black individual autonomy and strength, promoting a Democrat group-think and dependency.
I think I actually agree with that...

Old 09-10-2010, 05:13 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,475,212 times
to the op:

there is some degree of difference between various races. some races are genetically more prone to certain diseases than others. this holds true of all races. medical studies have been shown to prove such predispositions, so it's not just a matter of opinion. it's biology.

that said, can we get some examples of where npr exaggerates or obsesses over these facts? link us to some transcripts of shows that point out this pattern of comparing whites and blacks? thanks.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
to the op:

there is some degree of difference between various races. some races are genetically more prone to certain diseases than others. this holds true of all races. medical studies have been shown to prove such predispositions, so it's not just a matter of opinion. it's biology.

that said, can we get some examples of where npr exaggerates or obsesses over these facts? link us to some transcripts of shows that point out this pattern of comparing whites and blacks? thanks.
Please don't play that game with me, all one has to do is listen to their complete programing on a daily basis to confirm what I'm saying...

I don't work in a studio, nor do I have access to equiptment where I can record and all...

If you don't know what I'm talking about, fine, but others do...

Unfortunatly, in the work vehicle I drive in, NPR is about the only channel that comes in clearly...so I'm like forced to here it...

Some of their programing is ok, but enibidably (or however it's spelled)...it always comes down to negitave stats for blcks and minorities...

Without a reason, cause or remedy...

Old 09-10-2010, 06:37 PM

On another note, I was listening to NPR today...and they had two guests on...father and son..both adults...and both against torture...

They were given a hypothetical scenerio in which 50,000 people could die, unless the US Army made one of the terrorist dunk for apples, until they told where the bomb was...

The father and son still were against torturing the captured terrorist...

The father and son implied that they would rather 50,000 of us, US citizens get blown up,.... than to dunk the terrorists head under water until he confessed...

I hope these two NPR guests never run for office and are never allowed to be in control of anyones elses safety except their own...

How pompus and elitist of these two NPR guests....50,000 dead, vs making a terrorist dunk for apples...

Where does NPR find these people from???

I'm sorry, but if I were in control, the terrorist would be dunking for apples, cabbage, carrots, grapes, whatever...until he found them or let on where the bomb was...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies