Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 06:54 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
See there is the difference,I am not wealthy,I will never be 'wealthy'(by the standards of our society) but I don't envy those who are.

Some on the other hand do and want to punish those people who they are jealous of.

Jealous and envious of others is no way to go through life.
You're projecting.

Look it up.

Quote:
I also find the idea that these same people support punishing the more successful with higher taxes amusing,that IS based solely upon they have more than me and so should pay...talk about childish.
OR...

Maybe those with more money have more to pay with. Just thought I should point that out.

Oh, and please explain the "punishment" endured by millionaires. I'm under the impression they have it pretty good. Heck, I've got it pretty good. And I'm a long way off from being a millionaire. I'm just a working stiff. And I don't wimper about paying my taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 06:54 AM

504 posts, read 456,967 times
Palin Bachman 2012 baby.

I say we go forward with what our republican friends are trying to accomplish. Its quite the experiment fusing Feudalism and facism into one system of Govt. Its whats coming. I dont even waste time arguing with voo-doo economists who support the "supply side theory". Because eventually their system will eat them alive also.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:58 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
You're projecting.

Look it up.

OR...
Errr,no.
It is called answering YOUR question...

Quote:
Maybe those with more money have more to pay with. Just thought I should point that out.

Oh, and please explain the "punishment" endured by millionaires. I'm under the impression they have it pretty good. Heck, I've got it pretty good. And I'm a long way off from being a millionaire. I'm just a working stiff. And I don't wimper about paying my taxes.
A millionaire would pay a higher percentage then you,is this okay with you and if it is why is it okay he pay a higher percentage?

Old 09-17-2010, 07:00 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
Palin Bachman 2012 baby.

I say we go forward with what our republican friends are trying to accomplish. Its quite the experiment fusing Feudalism and facism into one system of Govt. Its whats coming. I dont even waste time arguing with voo-doo economists who support the "supply side theory". Because eventually their system will eat them alive also.
Actually I think what is coming is a new age of mercantilism.

It is supported by BOTH parties to the detriment of the people.

But some cannot or will not see that 'their party' is just as guilty as the 'party of the rich'....

Old 09-17-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Errr,no.
It is called answering YOUR question...

No, it wasn't an answer. It was a childish insult. A common one tossed out by those who, like you, take up the cause of America's wealthy for some incomprehensible reason.

Quote:
A millionaire would pay a higher percentage then you,is this okay with you and if it is why is it okay he pay a higher percentage?
Because they have more to pay with.

And, even after they've paid, they still have millions. They're doing OK in the money dept.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:29 AM

504 posts, read 456,967 times
Default They are both crooks.

Quote:
Actually I think what is coming is a new age of mercantilism.

It is supported by BOTH parties to the detriment of the people.

But some cannot or will not see that 'their party' is just as guilty as the 'party of the rich'....

Touch'e noted and now admitted.

I akin the republicans to a thug who will jump you and @&$ rape you in a dark alley then call you names and selfish for not enjoying it.

The democrats go the Roofie route but atleast you get dinner a movie and they bring condoms and lube.

So until Americans get smart enough to change out election system format and ignore "CORPORATE MEDIA" I will error on the side of

I do notice corporate America saw the incoming wave of Dems in 06' & 08' and went out and BOUGHT themselves some Dems to hold up progress mandated by a 60 vote DEM majority.

Last edited by KILLA-P; 09-17-2010 at 07:39 AM..

Old 09-17-2010, 07:29 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Wah Wah Wah My heart just breaks for those poor wealthy people. Wait. Isn't that an oxymoron? Well, it's some kind of moron, anyway.
Where is the greeting card industry on this? Should they print sympathy cards that the lower wage earners can send to the rich?

Old 09-17-2010, 07:32 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,728,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Republicans could at least try to pretend they don't favor wealthier Americans, but sometimes the truth slips out...

Mitch McConnell Cries Over The Plight Of Those Hardest Hit By Recession: Those Making $250K | Crooks and Liars
The wealthy are carrying everyone else on their backs. Deal with it.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The wealthy are carrying everyone else on their backs. Deal with it.

The rest of us carry and support the wealthy.

Reality is a b*tch.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:40 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,728,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
The rest of us carry and support the wealthy.

Reality is a b*tch.

The top 5% pays over 90% of all federal taxes. Thank them for the military that keeps you safe and not bowing to Mecca.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies