Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 07:41 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
No, it wasn't an answer. It was a childish insult. A common one tossed out by those who, like you, take up the cause of America's wealthy for some incomprehensible reason.
Perhaps it is you simply do not like the answer?

Quote:
Because they have more to pay with.

And, even after they've paid, they still have millions. They're doing OK in the money dept.
Okay,you just stated the 'reason' the wealthy should pay more is because they have more....but yet you aren't envious or jealous??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
The rest of us carry and support the wealthy.

Reality is a b*tch.
How is that when the wealthy pay most taxes?

Old 09-17-2010, 07:55 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,585,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The top 5% pays over 90% of all federal taxes. Thank them for the military that keeps you safe and not bowing to Mecca.

The top 5% controls over 90% of the economy. They should pay in proportion. And they should thank us veterans for protecting them.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:55 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,753,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Family of 4 making 30K shouldn't be a family of 4.
Raised my family of five on just a bit over that 30k. Maybe we didn't have 'the best' of everything, but we had what we needed. That's the problem I see more and more - no one seems to want anything less than the best, whether they can afford it or actually need it or not.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
The top 5% controls over 90% of the economy. They should pay in proportion. And they should thank us veterans for protecting them.
You seem to be proving my point about envy driving how some people think...

They have more so should pay more(% wise).

Why exactly should someone making more than you pay a higher % of their pay in taxes?

Old 09-17-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Raised my family of five on just a bit over that 30k. Maybe we didn't have 'the best' of everything, but we had what we needed. That's the problem I see more and more - no one seems to want anything less than the best, whether they can afford it or actually need it or not.
Quite true...it boils down to being envious that someone else has more than them...

Appealing to the baser instincts in politics works quite well.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:24 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post

I disagree,the wealthy are the only ones paying in to the system.

Typical repub attitude toward all you people earning under $250,000,=
oh you're paying taxes?
really? how much?
30%? wow,
guess it sucks to be you
Have a nice day
Oh and keep up the good work on the taxes
and dont ever expect any government money as i'm working on getting it all.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Typical repub attitude toward all you people earning under $250,000,=
oh you're paying taxes?
really? how much?
30%? wow,
guess it sucks to be you
Have a nice day
Oh and keep up the good work on the taxes
and dont ever expect any government money as i'm working on getting it all.
LOL...Are you related to Ima Dumas?

Lost on the jealous ones(like the above posteR) is the fact that quite a few people on the right do not make that sort of $$$ but still know it is wrong to think someone should pay more(% wise) simply because they make more than you...

I wonder if such types demand their friend with the better paying job pay for their drinks when they are at a bar???

Old 09-17-2010, 08:33 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
In my case, I happen to think that rich folks bellyaching about taxes is more than a little ridiculous. And undignified. They're rich. They've got it made. Good for them. Just stop whining, please.

So, why are you carrying their torch, anyway? Some sort of paid political announcement?

The only thing worse than the chasm between the rich and the poor in this country is the wholesale theft of tax dollars confiscated from the rich and intended for the poor by lawmakers to erect narcissistic monuments to their own benevolence (see Ted Kennedy) and bribe special interest organizations (see Carl Levin). At least with the wealthy controlling their own money, the poor have a shot at getting a job in the private sector or selling a product or service to the more affluent. I cut grass on the side to supplement my income. Any tax increase on anyone directly affects my ability to sell my service.

My question for you is, with Congress's track record for spending tax dollars to bribe key supporters like unions, what makes you think increasing taxes on the wealthy will benefit the lives of the less affluent?

Furthermore, with their tendency to spend, why would you think Congress won't simply spend any new revenue (assuming it increases) on more failed "New Deal" style electioneering efforts that don't create jobs but do create dependency and balloon the deficit?

Old 09-17-2010, 08:55 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,041,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Family of 4 making 30K shouldn't be a family of 4.

Great post!
I'll never understand why people who can't afford kids seem to have the most of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies