Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 06:14 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
"Hurray for class warfare!"

The rich have stuff. You don't.
So you want to make the government take their stuff and give it to you. Corrupt as a m-f'er.
Pretty much.

Envy and jealousy rule a LOT of people...

It is the only way to explain their beliefs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 06:24 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,039,197 times
I cringe at the responses of the 'redistribution of the wealth' folks, but here goes. When I want to borrow money, I go to the place that has money, a bank. I know I cannot get blood from a stone, just like I know I cannot get money from the poor. We can talk about expenditures another time, but if we are talking taxes, well, you can tax the poor all you want, but you are trying to get blood from a stone.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:29 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Default Republican Minority Leader Mitch McConnell says wealthy Americans are suffering more than any other group

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
That group pays the most taxes, carries most of the tax burden in the country, uses their money to employ us, pay for our health benefits, and they get nothing in return from the government except they are evil and must pay up even more of what they already shoulder. And they don't qualify for welfare handouts.

Failure of a topic

After a millionaire pays his taxes, he's still a millionaire.

I don't see them having much of a cause for whining.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
The wealthy do suffer more than any other group-----they suffer from the anxiety of where to shift their millions to avoid the recessionary cycle------they suffer more from deciding if they should trust Barons, the Wall Street Journal, Business Week, or the Beancounter Journal.

Being wealthy means you have to sort through scammers on a daily basis----do I trust Bernie Madoff ----where can I still earn a 10 percent return rather than the peons investment return of four or five percent.

Being wealthy means you have to suffer through rumors of jaded tax rebates expiring, cancellation of shady depreciation allowances, and God forbid having to fork over taxes on grandpas thirty mill inheritance----yikes too much intolerance and pressure for the big bucks folks.

Being wealty means you have to suffer when the price of gold drops a nickel, or when the rate for bonds in Sardinia goes down.

Yes now I do truly get it------McConnel is correct----the wealthy agonizingly suffer a lot more than commoners-----oh my.
The Republican viewpoint is this...

1. If you have to work for a living, then you suck.

2. If your job is to sit by the pool, sipping drinks prepared by your domestic staff, waiting for the latest dividends to hit your Swiss bank account, then America hasn't been good to you. You deserve a big break. You've earned it.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
After a millionaire pays his taxes, he's still a millionaire.

I don't see them having much of a cause for whining.
Class envy much?

Definition of 'rich',anyone who has a dollar more than me.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:42 AM

Smile Just a wee bit sensitive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Class envy much?

Definition of 'rich',anyone who has a dollar more than me.

In my case, I happen to think that rich folks bellyaching about taxes is more than a little ridiculous. And undignified. They're rich. They've got it made. Good for them. Just stop whining, please.

So, why are you carrying their torch, anyway? Some sort of paid political announcement?

Old 09-17-2010, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
In my case, I happen to think that rich folks bellyaching about taxes is more than a little ridiculous. And undignified. They're rich. They've got it made. Good for them. Just stop whining, please.

So, why are you carrying their torch, anyway? Some sort of paid political announcement?
See there is the difference,I am not wealthy,I will never be 'wealthy'(by the standards of our society) but I don't envy those who are.

Some on the other hand do and want to punish those people who they are jealous of.

Jealous and envious of others is no way to go through life.

I also find the idea that these same people support punishing the more successful with higher taxes amusing,that IS based solely upon they have more than me and so should pay...talk about childish.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:46 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Once you have enough money that you could not survive eating, screwing or drinking it away why would you want more?

I am mostly annoyed by the fact that most of the wealthy are making their money without having to put in their god given 40 hour work weeks. The wealthy are the other welfare class in this economy and cost far more than the poor.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Once you have enough money that you could not survive eating, screwing or drinking it away why would you want more?
I have no idea really,the pursuit of more seems to drive some people....me personally would only want enough to get me through this life doing the things I want to do...but it is their life and their choice.

Quote:
I am mostly annoyed by the fact that most of the wealthy are making their money without having to put in their god given 40 hour work weeks. The wealthy are the other welfare class in this economy and cost far more than the poor.
I disagree,the wealthy are the only ones paying in to the system.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:53 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,692 times
ROFLMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies