Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 07:29 AM

624 posts, read 1,072,929 times

Advertisements

Video Catches Dad Becoming School Bus Bully | NBC Miami

Quote:
Police are calling a Florida dad a real bully after he jumped on his daughter's school bus and confronted some kids who had been harassing the girl.
The irate father's tirade was caught on the Seminole school bus' surveillance camera and now police are investigating whether to press charges.
"Now everybody sit down; sit down," the unidentified man said on the surveillance tape.
Quote:
The man turns to his daughter and asks her to point out some students. The girl had allegedly been getting beat up and picked on during rides to and from school, the father said.
Quote:
"Show me which one. Show me which one," he said.
The video showed the man head down the center aisle to confront other students.
"This is my daughter, and I will kill the (expletive) who fought her," he said.
Quote:
The Seminole County Sheriff's Office may seek charges of false imprisonment, disorderly conduct, interrupting a school function and assault.
I'd like to understand something that may have a legal background or knowledge.

How can this father be charged with committing a crime without actually physically hitting anyone (as far we know from the story)?

What would have been his option had he seen the kid actually beating his daughter? If he simply told the kid bully to stop but the kid were to continue, is the parent supposed to just stand there and keep talking?

If there is a video of this dad getting out of control, why is there not a video of the kid bully hitting his daughter?

I would imagine that the same laws applying to this dad now would apply to the kid as well.

It's unbelievable how the kid bullies are untouchables but the parents are punished to the fullest extent of the law when they intervene.

False imprisonment?
Disorderly conduct? - wow, I guess this charge could apply to anyone who yells at another person in public.
Interrupting School Function - okay, detention for this parent.
Assault - ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 07:36 AM

1,890 posts, read 2,656,817 times
I saw this on the local news...it's sickening. What was even more sickening was a shrink squabbling about what we are supposed to do...

Parent arrested for giving the bullies a taste of their own medicine? Oh, the work of liberalism. Keep in mind, the parent have altered the school numerous times...without action. Shocking!

With more and more limp wristed policies being in place, bullies are a growing problem in schools across America. We are doing something wrong. And more liberal policies will not help, period.

Old 09-18-2010, 07:37 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,599,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post

How can this father be charged with committing a crime without actually physically hitting anyone (as far we know from the story)?

What would have been his option had he seen the kid actually beating his daughter? If he simply told the kid bully to stop but the kid were to continue, is the parent supposed to just stand there and keep talking?

If there is a video of this dad getting out of control, why is there not a video of the kid bully hitting his daughter?

I would imagine that the same laws applying to this dad now would apply to the kid as well.

It's unbelievable how the kid bullies are untouchables but the parents are punished to the fullest extent of the law when they intervene.

False imprisonment?
Disorderly conduct? - wow, I guess this charge could apply to anyone who yells at another person in public.
Assault - ?

I am mad as hell ! My son was bullied on those Florida school busses, and I know EXACTLY how this Dad feels! The one man who cared was an Administrative Principal, he investigated and found out that the boy bullying my son did not even belong on that particular bus, he was being dropped off by his mother on the way to her job at a bus-stop out of his own bus zone! Thank God that boy was kicked off the bus then, happy ending.

Old 09-18-2010, 07:44 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,869,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post

False imprisonment?
Assault - ?

Erm how about you teach your child to fight their own battles? Maybe popping those bullies in the face would make them go away. This will only make things worse for the poor kid sadly. No i don't think he should be punished in terms of yelling at them....but when you have someone threaten to kill people you have to take all precautions. Though i do feel he needs to teach her to deal with herself and not have to jump in and look like a buffoon for doing it.

Last edited by paganmama80; 09-18-2010 at 08:58 AM..

Old 09-18-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Erm how about you teach your child to fight their own battles? Maybe popping those bullies in the face would make them go away. This will only make things worse for the poor kid sadly. No i don't think he should be punished in terms of yelling at them....but when you have someone threaten to kill people you have to take all precautions.
This Dad was VERBALLY out of control, not physically. If everyone who is arrested for saying "I'll kill you!" as a defense for his own flesh and blood , we would not have enough prisons. Law enforcement needs to go after bad Dads, not good Dads protecting their daughters!

Sorry, there is steam coming out of my ears

Old 09-18-2010, 08:41 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,767,958 times
For once the brats were given a lesson on what can happen when you keep crossing a line. These are true bullies, picking on a disabled girl and they deserved a punch in the face.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:53 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,869,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
This Dad was VERBALLY out of control, not physically. If everyone who is arrested for saying "I'll kill you!" as a defense for his own flesh and blood , we would not have enough prisons. Law enforcement needs to go after bad Dads, not good Dads protecting their daughters!

Sorry, there is steam coming out of my ears

A good dad should teach his daughter how to fight their own battles. And if a dad jumped up and did that to my daughter i would clock him right in the face. Saying ill kill you to a bunch of kids because he doesn't want to raise a child able to take care of her own problems is a bit goofy.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
A good dad should teach his daughter how to fight their own battles. And if a dad jumped up and did that to my daughter i would clock him right in the face. And saying ill kill you to a bunch of kids because he doesn't want to raise a child able to take care of her own problems is a bit goofy.
I do not know what state you are in, but in Florida schools if a kid battles a bully, and both get caught, then they both get in trouble. If the kid being bullied gets caught battling and the bully takes off and lies about it later, then just the victim gets in trouble.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
For once the brats were given a lesson on what can happen when you keep crossing a line. These are true bullies, picking on a disabled girl and they deserved a punch in the face.
oh man, I had no idea his daughter is disabled. Omg, I am livid!

Old 09-18-2010, 09:01 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,767,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
oh man, I had no idea his daughter is disabled. Omg, I am livid!
Yes, for some reason the other article left that out. It was almost a poor little bullies article trying to make the father look bad.

Crime Scene KC

A Florida man -- whose daughter has cerebral palsy -- was arrested after he allegedly stormed onto her school bus and threatened the boys who had been harassing her. (They allegedly stuck a condom on her head, smacked her and yelled rude things at her.) He has apologized, but said that school officials weren't doing anything to help his daughter, even after he had complained about the boys.

Read more: Crime Scene KC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies