Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 11:05 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,865,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
It's a blame-the-victim mentality fostered by bullies, both kids and adults who are in "control" of the system. Bullies know bullying works for only one reason- because THEY CAN. That is WHY bullies ONLY pick on the vulnerable and helpless. If those in charge do not step in and stop the bullies, including parents, then don't blame the victims.

And if you want bullied victims to get their backs up against the wall, then that is asking for another COLUMBINE.

People like that will do that anyway at some point in life. How many times have you heard about someone snapping for no reason? Mental illness does not suddenly vanish, because bullies do. I don't blame the victim...she can't help it they are picking on her....but she needs to stick up for herself. This modern concept of no one putting their fists up and fighting back is fostering a very weak youth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 11:05 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,597,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
I don't remember it saying she had cerebral palsy....where did you read that? In the old days brothers would go after bullies older picking on a sibling, but at the same age come on.....

Did you read she had older brothers?
Your premise up till now was that she was supposed to defend herself anyways!

Old 09-18-2010, 11:07 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,597,286 times
Quote:
People like that will do that anyway at some point in life. How many times have you heard about someone snapping for no reason? Mental illness does not suddenly vanish, because bullies do. I don't blame the victim...she can't help it they are picking on her....but she needs to stick up for herself. This modern concept of no one putting their fists up and fighting back is fostering a very weak youth.
Clearly even the busdriver is not stopping it, how could this little girl stop it by herself?

Old 09-18-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Clearly even the busdriver is not stopping it, how could this little girl stop it by herself?

When i was a little girl at 10 a few kids boys and girls....used to pick on me and hit me....i said something to my mom and she told me the next time you see them pop the biggest one in the face as hard as you can and they will all run. The next time they did it i decked the oldest boy....and they all scattered.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:14 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,541,384 times
Quote:
When i was a little girl at 10 a few kids boys and girls....used to pick on me and hit me....i said something to my mom and she told me the next time you see them pop the biggest one in the face as hard as you can and they will all run. The next time they did it i decked the oldest boy....and they all scattered.
Kind of hard for her to do with her medical condition don't you think?

Old 09-18-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Did you read she had older brothers?
Your premise up till now was that she was supposed to defend herself anyways!

Where are you people getting this info? Neither of those 2 links say anything about her having cerebral palsy,brothers....or being on suicide watch.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Kind of hard for her to do with her medical condition don't you think?

What condition that link and video doesn't say anything about it.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:16 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Where are you people getting this info? Neither of those 2 links say anything about her having cerebral palsy,brothers....or being on suicide watch.
It's been all over the news. Maybe you should do some of your own research in addition to posted links.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
It's been all over the news. Maybe you should do some of your own research in addition to posted links.

Why would i? I am just responding to a thread here and basing it off the knowledge given....if YOU want to quote all this as happening maybe you should be posting the links to back up your argument no? And if she is ill then yes i believe he did the right thing.....perhaps a bit crass in his methods but understanding.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:22 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
My link did. I even provided a quote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies