Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2010, 11:08 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times

Advertisements

Basically it because they will not promise them free stuff that the rich will pay for;plain and simple.I have got to smile when i think of their future when they start paying the bill and they will taxes or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 11:23 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
I think this tea party sign is pretty extreme, and illiterate
Proof that this was an actual sign at a Tea Party rally and not one that you just made up in your backyard and took a picture of?

Old 09-21-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Abolishing social security, medicare, and the dept. of education is extreme. It's extremely stupid.
So up until about 100 years ago we were an "extreme" nation, huh? lol

P.S. You do realize that ss is the biggest legal ponzie scam ever invented and would make even Bernie Madoff blush, correct? You're like a grateful peasant thanking the oligarcy for only keeping you down with one boot and not both; "Thank you sir, may I have another", you say every time you vote for the established elite.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
Socially speaking, Tea Partier's seem extreme in that they represent the failure of the American education system. They (and Fox News) remind me of the 8th grader I worked with who was illiterate but had a lot of opinions, belonged to a gang and was patriotic.

So uh, what do you do with that?

I see it a lot. It's strange. And sad.

Just as the Tea Partiers are. I wonder about the longevity of their movement. In this day and age when "virtual" online support means so much, I guess one could surmise that the Tea Party is not attracting a lot of "young" folks. Their websites suck. That's a design opinion, not a political opinion.

Sorry, but Tea Party websites are really lame. I'm sure they have better things to think about though.
Other than the typical leftist elitism of calling us "stupid" you gave no examples of "extremism."

Old 09-21-2010, 11:29 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
Socially speaking, Tea Partier's seem extreme in that they represent the failure of the American education system. They (and Fox News) remind me of the 8th grader I worked with who was illiterate but had a lot of opinions, belonged to a gang and was patriotic.

So uh, what do you do with that?

I see it a lot. It's strange. And sad.

Just as the Tea Partiers are. I wonder about the longevity of their movement. In this day and age when "virtual" online support means so much, I guess one could surmise that the Tea Party is not attracting a lot of "young" folks. Their websites suck. That's a design opinion, not a political opinion.

Sorry, but Tea Party websites are really lame. I'm sure they have better things to think about though.
You are incorrect when you say the Tea Party does not attract young people. I see plenty of them. Have you ever been to one?

AND you didn't say anything about the issues. It was just a biased post comparing the Tea Party to 8th graders. How many 8th graders care about the debt and small government?

Old 09-21-2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I can't ever get Social Security or Medicare - I got out of the system decades ago. Haven't paid into the "system" either. So, do what you want with it.
Please elaborate, I've heard of this, but am very interested in specifics. Thanks

Old 09-22-2010, 04:49 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post

Smaller debt can never be achieved with no taxes, do the math.

You make it sound as if the IRS was around since this nation was founded.

How was it done before the IRS and the federal reserve?
Never say never. Can't never could do nothing.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:16 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Taxes are a part of Congressional duties assigned by the Constitution.

Federal Reserve I know less about, wasn't that a corporate coup?

Old 09-22-2010, 06:01 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,228,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
So up until about 100 years ago we were an "extreme" nation, huh? lol

P.S. You do realize that ss is the biggest legal ponzie scam ever invented and would make even Bernie Madoff blush, correct? You're like a grateful peasant thanking the oligarcy for only keeping you down with one boot and not both; "Thank you sir, may I have another", you say every time you vote for the established elite.

Prove that it is a legal ponzie scam that would make Bernie Madoff blush. Actually, do you even know what a ponzie scam is?

Secondly, you still need to prove which part of the Constitution that you think is being violated.

Third, when you back and support those that have every intention of getting into people's personal lives....you are extreme, while you sit on the sidelines and talk about freedom. Genocide.

You have offered nothing here but your attempt to deflect in what you seem to think are witty comebacks. Unfortunately, you are 100% proving that the "elitist left" are correct in their view of you.

Old 09-22-2010, 06:27 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

The IRS and the Federal Reserve, brought to you care of Woodrow Wilson and the Progressive Era of the last Century. The scam of the 20th Century.
Try that in the private sector and you would be thrown in jail!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies