Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 01:51 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,315,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Keep your words to your sky-daddy to yourself, I'm not interested.
And it's typical christer behavior. Hatred and pushiness. There are a few exceptions around, but not many on CED.

Would you hate your grandchildren if they were gay?
What if your son/s is/are gay and living a miserable life because their father would hate them for being gay?

Or is it all about you?
For someone who is so well-adjusted you sure have a lot of hate
on your mind.

Who is sky-daddy? Have you missed your meds today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 01:54 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,457,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So, no single parent adoptions are allowed in that state?
The way it WAS, single straight people could adopt... gay couples could not, lesbian couples could not, gay singles could not, and lesbian singles could not. Oh yeah, bisexuals could not either.

Some of the so called "Christians" on this board care more about actively preserving their myopic and hateful worldview than about children. They are themselves the very definition of evil.

Old 09-24-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The way it WAS, single straight people could adopt... gay couples could not, lesbian couples could not, gay singles could not, and lesbian singles could not. Oh yeah, bisexuals could not either.

Some of the so called "Christians" on this board care more about actively preserving their myopic and hateful worldview than about children. They are themselves the very definition of evil.

Again with the hate and evil. You must be having a bad hair day. Do you hate everyone who disagrees with you?

Old 09-24-2010, 02:08 PM

278 posts, read 622,947 times
It is not natural to be gay. The human race would extinct. Gay and lesbians shouldnt be allowed to adopt. That's morally wrong.

Just imagine if the child walks into their room and found the 2 men doing it. OMG that would mentally scar that child for life.

A foster home is a bizillion times better for a child. Just imagine if 2 sick man adopt a boy, and they touch his private parts when the child is young and vulnerable. There is no way a social service worker would find out about the abuse.

Old 09-24-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Again with the hate and evil. You must be having a bad hair day. Do you hate everyone who disagrees with you?
"Bad hair day?"

Sweetie pie, if you're that concerned with my hair, may I suggest you so some serious introspection?

I'm sorry your opinions on the subject are vile and abhorrent to thinking people, but that's just the way it is. An abomination to rational thought and discussion. I don't know if you and your compatriots CHOSE to have that thought process or if its inbred, but it's your CHOICE not to do anything to better yourself.

Old 09-24-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venezuelan View Post
It is not natural to be gay. The human race would extinct. Gay and lesbians shouldnt be allowed to adopt. That's morally wrong.

Just imagine if the child walks into their room and found the 2 men doing it. OMG that would mentally scar that child for life.

A foster home is a bizillion times better for a child. Just imagine if 2 sick man adopt a boy, and they touch his private parts when the child is young and vulnerable. There is no way a social service worker would find out about the abuse.

There oughta be a law....

Old 09-24-2010, 03:10 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,373,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
I would take the foster care, instead of a homosexual lifestyle.
spoken like a one who has never endured foster care and knows little to nothing about it

I have quite a few friends involved in foster care. one was raped by her foster father at 15. case was dropped b/c she recanted, but that's not to say it didn't happened (it did, she was scared to proceed and still, 12 years later, regrets not going forward). one boy I knew had been bounced around a dozen foster homes, from Boston to Harvard Ma (check a map, these areas are NOT close to each other at all) by the time he was 14. another girl I knew lost her fairly stable foster home after her foster parents went through a very nasty divorce and ended up in a group home for girls that made the group home from "White Oleander" look like fun time at Disney World (drug use. check. cutting. check. molestation. double check).

obviously, not all foster kids endure this, but in the end foster care is NOT a home. even the children lucky enough to have foster parents (not all of them, esp. when it comes to kids w/ emotional and physical issues. these kids often end up in group homes until they age out) know deep down that it is not home. how can you sit behind a screen and actually spout off nonsense that it is better for a child to possibly spend 18 years of his or her life w/o anything resemble a family?

Individuals who were in foster care experience higher rates of physical and psychiatric morbidity than the general population.[19] In a study of adults who were in foster care in Oregon and Washington state, they were found to have double the incidence of depression, 20% as compared to 10% and were found to have a higher rate of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) than combat veterans with 25% of those studied having PTSD. Children in foster care have a higher probability of having Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, and deficits in executive functioning, anxiety as well other developmental problems.[20][21][22][23] These children experience higher degrees of incarceration, poverty, homelessness, and suicide. Recent studies in the U.S., suggests that, foster care placements are more detrimental to children than remaining in a troubled home.[24][25][26]

and these kids sure had it good in foster care, huh?

In memory of Children protected to DEATH by CPS.

unless you're deeply homophobic, you can't honesty think such a life is better for child versus living w/ a person/couple who genuinely want to adopt a child, regardless of their sexual orientation, can you?

ETA: another link focusing on children who've been abused and killed while in foster care.

http://www.caica.org/index.htm

given the shear number of kids being murdered by foster parents and in group homes (never mind abused, neglected, and otherwise traumatized), how can you possibly think such a condition is better than being in a caring, loving home w/ a couple who care for them, regardless of the sexuality of the parents?

Last edited by eevee; 09-24-2010 at 03:33 PM..

Old 09-24-2010, 03:28 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,591,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venezuelan View Post

Are you insane? Now you are equating gays with pedophilia! The vast majority of pedophiles according to FBI stats are straight men.
By the way Florida was the last state left in the nation to ban gay adoptions even though a gay couple could be foster parents! How bizarre was this law?

Old 09-24-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
"Bad hair day?"

Sweetie pie, if you're that concerned with my hair, may I suggest you so some serious introspection?

I'm sorry your opinions on the subject are vile and abhorrent to thinking people, but that's just the way it is. An abomination to rational thought and discussion. I don't know if you and your compatriots CHOSE to have that thought process or if its inbred, but it's your CHOICE not to do anything to better yourself.
So, when you disagree, you must lash out with insults. I'm glad you are so rational.

You are the one resorting to name calling. Bet you wouldn't be so insulting face to face.

Old 09-24-2010, 04:04 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,373,472 times
buddy, put aside your hurt feeling and feel free to explain, after reading my post, how foster care is preferable to being adopted by a gay couple. are the Dontel Jeffers of the world really better off in foster care vs being potentially adopted by a gay couple?

I'll wait... (or is spewing out nonsense and hatred easier for you?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies