Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 02:02 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,690,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
They are on lunch. They are going back to work under the influence of drugs and beer. That is illegal. Smoking a joint is against the law regardless of if its before or after

Do you think they should be going back to work high? Dont you think thats a risk for any business?

Do you think the high went away in 10 mins?
all I can say is that this a prudish, judgmental response not based on any facts since it's unlikely that this response is based on mind numbing assembly line experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 02:06 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,320,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
We're paying the salaries of the alcoholic, adulturious, lying, coniving, back stabbing F'up Politicians in Washington. Your point again is?
Not only that the video fails to point out that they are painting a broad brush stroke over 3,000 Chrysler employees when it appeared only 5-6 where involved in drinking on their lunch hours. Take any large business and you're going to find a small percentage of people who don't use good judgment about what they consume on their lunch hours....or doesn't it count if you're wearing a suit and sitting in a fine restaurant sucking up drinks over a 2-3 hour lunch? Is it only blue collar workers who Fox News follows around? The fact is if a UAW worker is caught drunk or high on the job they will be suspended and they will be sent for treatment if it happens more than once. If treatment doesn't help the will get fired.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 09-23-2010 at 02:57 PM..

Old 09-23-2010, 02:52 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,727,212 times
I saw this report today on Fox. Laughed my ass off. Busted. Then I got concerned and went to check my Chevarly to see if anything fell off the car. What a bunch of frigging morons.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:27 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,852,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
all I can say is that this a prudish, judgmental response not based on any facts since it's unlikely that this response is based on mind numbing assembly line experience.
Lol Are you kidding? Not based on facts? Did you not see the joint in their hands and mouth? Did you NOT see them purchase the beer and drink it?

I am cracking up that you think people should be able to work in a factory under the influence of anything. Along with you seem to think someone thinking that makes them a prude.LMBOOOOOOOOO

Do you not get why they drug test you if you get hurt on the job and have a workers comp?

Heck lets not even get started on its illegal to smoke pot. Lets also ignore the drinking and driving. Lets hope they dont kill someone

Old 09-23-2010, 04:43 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,547,446 times
Quote:
The average can of beer is 12oz. The men in the video were drinking 40 oz bottles of beer. That's almost 3 and a half beers in less than a half hour. Beer and pot are both depressants that effect your judgement and reaction time. They were taking in the beer and pot just before going back to work in an autofactory where heavy machinery is used and building vehicles in which their customers could potentially live or die depending upon the quality of workmanship. These guys weren't even eating for their lunch. This wasn't having a beer with their lunch. One 12 oz beer isn't enough to really effect judgement and reaction time. 3 1/2 beers drank in 1/2 hour with a joint chaser will effect judgement.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:53 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,748,072 times
Ya I want to drive those cars.......Our tax dollars at work

Old 09-23-2010, 04:54 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,204,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Why should I believe that the FOX reporter didn't stage the entire story including hiring the actors? After all FOX is an entertainment network not a News network.
This post is one for the ages. Just.... wow.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:43 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,869,923 times
Quote:

Is that why they get paid so well?

Old 09-23-2010, 06:58 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,595,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysbombed View Post
The cars coming from that production factory are going to be certified lemons.
I'm sure the posters defending these losers are going to rush out tomorrow and buy a chrysler.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:11 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,370,574 times
I've owned some American vehicles that would have been better quality had the autoworkers' been boozed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies