Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 05:18 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Not so, Jon. This story was built on watching them a total of 10 days.
They're union workers, they work on their own space-time continuum. 10 days to a drunk and blazed union worker is nothing. They can literally hold out for years holding picket signs and screaming how oppressed they are while getting their union strike payments. Then, after sitting or walking around all day doing nothing, they can go home and sit on their couch and smoke some more. All these "fellars" have to do is file a grievance and they'll be set for the next couple of years. Better strap in boys it looks like it's gonna be 3 years of Mad Dog 20/20, Cobras, Old E and spliffs that will make Bob Marley Jealous. They'll of course receive full pay and benefits while it's investigated.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 09-24-2010 at 05:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 05:22 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,306,483 times
I was gonna ask if they were on the job and it seems like they were, so, yea, that's not cool.

Old 09-24-2010, 05:24 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,306,483 times
LOL I have a feeling that a lot of them might have some marital problems after this. Ouch. Wives and girlfriends are gonna be like, "I thought you stopped smoking!" "I thought you stopped drinking!" "What are you doing on tv!!!?" LOL

Old 09-24-2010, 11:30 PM

767 posts, read 489,595 times
More proof that the right wing has contempt for blue collar union workers. They claim that they only dislike the leaders, well here is proof that it's also rank and file members. I've heard of businessmen, such as bankers that often have drinkers over business dinners and lunch's, yet no one would ever raise an eyebrow. Because it's regular joe's doing it off the clock during their break, all hell breaks lose. If these guys were bankers in suits and drinking martini's during their lunch in a ritzy restaurant no video would exist.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:33 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
They are on lunch. They are going back to work under the influence of drugs and beer. That is illegal. Smoking a joint is against the law regardless of if its before or after

Do you think they should be going back to work high? Dont you think thats a risk for any business?

Do you think the high went away in 10 mins?
Not excusing those employees behavior, but you do realize that corporate America was largely built upon the three martini lunch, right?

Old 09-25-2010, 01:52 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Why should I believe that the FOX reporter didn't stage the entire story including hiring the actors? After all FOX is an entertainment network not a News network.
Or, how do we know that they are still at work? Maybe their shift is over.

Old 09-25-2010, 06:24 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
I don't know how many of you worked in a factory before but...whats your point?...duh That's part of the culture of factory work. I worked in a factory where the Union Jack had a bottle of whisky sticking out of his back pocket. There's a local factory where a worker told me it is not uncommon to see hypodermic needles laying around, prolly to shoot meth. Drugs in the work place is common. There are only a few professions that randomly drug test.

I don't think it is endemic in that particular environment. I have heard custodians say they find stuff in schools belonging to teachers. White collars guys drink at lunch or go back in to work after drinking at dinner.

Its too bad lunch bucket Joe got caught on camera due to this political climate. Since a camera picture can't proved definitively that anything illegal was in the bottle or in the "rolled" cigarette, lunch bucket Joe might get a verbal reprimand. If his production numbers are high they won't bother him.

Old 09-25-2010, 06:42 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,753,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
They're union workers, they work on their own space-time continuum. 10 days to a drunk and blazed union worker is nothing. They can literally hold out for years holding picket signs and screaming how oppressed they are while getting their union strike payments. Then, after sitting or walking around all day doing nothing, they can go home and sit on their couch and smoke some more. All these "fellars" have to do is file a grievance and they'll be set for the next couple of years. Better strap in boys it looks like it's gonna be 3 years of Mad Dog 20/20, Cobras, Old E and spliffs that will make Bob Marley Jealous. They'll of course receive full pay and benefits while it's investigated.
With the highlighted you make it clear you know nothing at all about the UAW and how it works. Or how the companies work. When an employee is suspended from the job, they receive NOTHING. No pay and no benefits.

Old 09-25-2010, 06:55 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
We're paying the salaries of the alcoholic, adulturious, lying, coniving, back stabbing F'up Politicians in Washington. Your point again is?
Wait. This thread is not about any caucus.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:00 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
More proof that the right wing has contempt for blue collar union workers. They claim that they only dislike the leaders, well here is proof that it's also rank and file members. I've heard of businessmen, such as bankers that often have drinkers over business dinners and lunch's, yet no one would ever raise an eyebrow. Because it's regular joe's doing it off the clock during their break, all hell breaks lose. If these guys were bankers in suits and drinking martini's during their lunch in a ritzy restaurant no video would exist.
Another example of the cynical attempt of the left to foment class warfare. There is quite a difference between what you are describing at a restaurant table and drinking gulps of 180-proof liquor straight from the bottle and smoking illegal weed.

To the left: wake up! You equate the most disparate things in your warped worldview.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies