Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 10:15 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,765,154 times

Advertisements

I bet their workmans comp and liability insurance went up a tad!

Job safety, is put on the shoulders of the employer.
See ya! No unemployment check for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 10:26 PM

52,964 posts, read 34,795,868 times
They've been suspended by chrysler-with full pay and benefits, most likely.
It's amazing to me that even the most ardent UAW sycophants would defend this, but I'm obviously expecting too much.

Old 09-24-2010, 04:41 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,380,357 times
They get the high pay and benefits because beer and pot is expensive.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:54 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,760,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Lol Are you kidding? Not based on facts? Did you not see the joint in their hands and mouth? Did you NOT see them purchase the beer and drink it?

I am cracking up that you think people should be able to work in a factory under the influence of anything. Along with you seem to think someone thinking that makes them a prude.LMBOOOOOOOOO

Do you not get why they drug test you if you get hurt on the job and have a workers comp?

Heck lets not even get started on its illegal to smoke pot. Lets also ignore the drinking and driving. Lets hope they dont kill someone
I've seen no one post that but YOU. What is being argued is that you have taken this story of half a dozen workers and stretched to mean ALL auto workers are CONSTANTLY stoned on the job. As someone whose late husband worked in an auto plant for 30 years I can tell you that, while it did happen, it is NOT as wide spread as you seem to think. And when it did happen, the company (in this case Ford) was very quick about correcting it. In that environment a drunk/stoned employee is not only a danger to himself, he's a danger to everyone in the plant.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
I've seen no one post that but YOU. What is being argued is that you have taken this story of half a dozen workers and stretched to mean ALL auto workers are CONSTANTLY stoned on the job. As someone whose late husband worked in an auto plant for 30 years I can tell you that, while it did happen, it is NOT as wide spread as you seem to think. And when it did happen, the company (in this case Ford) was very quick about correcting it. In that environment a drunk/stoned employee is not only a danger to himself, he's a danger to everyone in the plant.

you must have completely ignored posts #4 and #11, then.

Quote:
Why spread garbage like this since it attacks the rights of fellow citizens free choice (in this case to have a beer off company property) ?????
Quote:
all I can say is that this a prudish, judgmental response not based on any facts since it's unlikely that this response is based on mind numbing assembly line experience.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:16 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,852,523 times
Quote:
They are on lunch. They are going back to work under the influence of drugs and beer. That is illegal. Smoking a joint is against the law regardless of if its before or after

Do you think they should be going back to work high? Dont you think thats a risk for any business?

Do you think the high went away in 10 mins?
My wife wants one of those Grand Cherokees. I guess I need to show her this video.
These a-holes should be fired! There are plenty of people out there who would love to work and don't need to be stoned to do this job.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:20 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,907,727 times
I still think it was all faked by FOX for thier own benefit. Even if it did happend how many of you perfect employees have ever had a beer, whisky or a joint on your lunch break?

Old 09-24-2010, 07:28 AM

37,962 posts, read 17,939,067 times
Quote:
A Chrysler factory in Detroit received a $6 billion bailout from Obama, so a local Fox reporter began showing up to chronicle what the workers were doing. What ensues is definitely worth watching.

The Blast

So glad we are paying their salary
Not surprising. It is well known that free money causes one to do things that are not to their economic advantage.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:38 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,484,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I still think it was all faked by FOX for thier own benefit. Even if it did happend how many of you perfect employees have ever had a beer, whisky or a joint on your lunch break?
Why am I not surprised...

Old 09-24-2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
i can very honestly say i never have.

ever.

i thought that made me a normal employee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies