Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2010, 09:59 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
So your solution is to give these people even more of other peoples money concentrating even more power in these peoples hands?

No matter how much money the government takes in taxes it always spends more than it takes in.
How? by making them pay their fair share in taxes? Bush and company took care of the rich and made them richer for the last 8 years, do you really think that I would shed a tear for any of them now? The poor and the middle class are under a financial attack the money did not disappear guess where it went? The rich became super rich. If you do not believe me take a trip to the Georgetown section of our nation's capital.
Where before Bush took office you would see $50,000 cars, during the bush years that changed to $80,000+ cars and expensive additions to multimillion dollar homes.

Unless you were doing well doing the Bush fiasco don't vote refutican, if you did not vote dumbocrat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
More like he just moves troops around! He did send 30,000 to Afghanistan.

There was no "lying about WMD."
You right! they did exist and the American soliders went into Iraq welcomed with "flowers of liberation!

Old 10-22-2010, 10:15 PM

All that I ask is for the American public is to read and research information on their own instead of listening to a "talking head". If any of you will read the article below in it's entirety and still agreed with the Murdoch agenda I will pray for you b/c then I will know then that this country is totally lost and there will be nothing that can be done one way or another.

Who is Rupert Murdoch?
Center for American Progress

Old 10-22-2010, 10:17 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
How? by making them pay their fair share in taxes? Bush and company took care of the rich and made them richer for the last 8 years, do you really think that I would shed a tear for any of them now? The poor and the middle class are under a financial attack the money did not disappear guess where it went? The rich became super rich. If you do not believe me take a trip to the Georgetown section of our nation's capital.
Where before Bush took office you would see $50,000 cars, during the bush years that changed to $80,000+ cars and expensive additions to multimillion dollar homes.

Unless you were doing well doing the Bush fiasco don't vote refutican, if you did not vote dumbocrat
you did not even address the simple statement... Gov't always spends more than it takes in!
Please try and explain why we should give Obama, Pelosi, & Reid any more money? It is stupid to do that

Old 10-22-2010, 10:22 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
"Obama: Fox News is 'destructive' to America"

That's not unlike, in effect, "Juan Williams is detrimental (a/k/a 'destructive') to NPR" (because of his association with Fox News).

Anybody see a pattern in what's been said about conservatives, the T.E.A. Party, Rush, Beck by Obama, Pelosi, Reid...and their ilk?

The charges: "They're all in need of psychiatric care. They disagree with us."

Imagine that! We dare to hold a different opinion.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
you did not even address the simple statement... Gov't always spends more than it takes in!
Please try and explain why we should give Obama, Pelosi, & Reid any more money? It is stupid to do that
If you noticed the majority of the money has been spent domestically unlike before when it went overseas. If money is spent on the infrastructure that provides jobs and the economy thrives. Anyone who has made money in any business venture realizes that you have to spend money to make money.

I look at the American political system as being flawed b/c you only have only 2 viable parties and they are constantly influx for control of Washington. Truthfully neither one spends more than the other the issue should be WHERE IS IT GOING?

The other probelm is that the vast number of americans do not know how politics actually work. There are some that actually believe that Obama is out to destroy the country in all actuality he is trying to fix it.

You hear about the refuticans cry about the healthcare issue but what did they do in the last 8 years about it? What solutions have they come up since? Murdoch has brainwashed a great majority of the American people into going against their best interest through manipulation and lies. Please tell me why would someone who has never made more than 40,000 year push for tax cuts for the rich (that dumbazz joe the plumber)? Did it work during Reagan's term (remember voodoo economics) do you really think by not taxing the super wealthy that they would provide jobs with the money that they save? Hell naw! they are going to bank it or invest it overseas. Which bring to mind, what I have not heard is one refutican speak about (and mean it) closing tax loopholes for the rich and sending american jobs overseas. What they tell is some crap about "free enterprise" which means "cheap labor and no labor unions to monitor what they do over there.

I believe that there should be more accountabilty in fiscal spending but where was the outrage when billions of dollars "disappeared" in Iraq?

Old 10-22-2010, 11:18 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,930 times
He is the most outwardly classless President on record! What an embarrassment with his childish rhetoric. If he wasn't worried, he wouldn't keep talking about Fox News.

He sounds like he would fit in better on a Jerry Springer episode more than as POTUS.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:29 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
If you noticed the majority of the money has been spent domestically unlike before when it went overseas.
Thats simply an outright lie and made up. The only way one would get a tax cut is if they earned/spent their money HERE. If I spent it overseas, then those countries have seperate taxes which I would write off here and not be subject to american taxes..
Quote:
If money is spent on the infrastructure that provides jobs and the economy thrives. Anyone who has made money in any business venture realizes that you have to spend money to make money.
That also is simply not true. I have multiple companies.. I cant take money from pocket A and and put it in pocket B and claim I now have more money. Thats exactly what you are claiming to be true. The ONLY way money can be spent on infracture is by removing those funds from society to begin with thereby decreasing spending.

Again, if what you said was true, where is the jobs and the thriving economy? Companies have to lay people off in order to pay for the money to be spent by the government.
Quote:
Truthfully neither one spends more than the other the issue should be WHERE IS IT GOING?
Again, thats not true either. Republicans were running $250B deficits under Bush when the american people decided the deficits were too high and put in Democrats. Since this time the national debt has climbed 50%, and thats only in 3 years... Republicans have held congress for 8, out of the past 40 years, and 4 of those resulted in balanced budgets (not really accurate, but Democrats claim they were balanced).. Thats a 50% balanced budget ratio. Democrats.. ZERO.. They have NEVER balanced a federal budget..

As for where is it going, Democrats have this uncontrollable urge to just solve everyones problems. They want to feed people, take care of people, hold their hands, now its healthcare.. We have spent tens of trillions trying to cure poverty and yet poverty still exists.. It simply doesnt work. People need JOBS, not handouts.. They always have, they always will.
Quote:
The other probelm is that the vast number of americans do not know how politics actually work. There are some that actually believe that Obama is out to destroy the country in all actuality he is trying to fix it.
Wrong.. Obama is not out to destroy, or fix, he's out to change it. Thats HIS own words. Sorry but America doesnt need changing. It doesnt need fixed. Government has no need to come along and fix what government broke..
Quote:
You hear about the refuticans cry about the healthcare issue but what did they do in the last 8 years about it?
Nothing.. healthcare issue isnt a national issue. Thats because DEMOCRATS refused to change the laws and allow insurance companies to cross state lines.. If they had done so, then the federal government would gain jurisdiction but they didnt.. Besides, what needs fixed? If people had JOBS, then often times insurance comes with it. One may argue that its stupid to get insurance with your job, but you can thank unions for that one.. Another democratic idea..
Quote:
What solutions have they come up since?
See above.. Again, government BROKE healthcare.. Get them out of it so society can fix it..
Quote:
Murdoch has brainwashed a great majority of the American people into going against their best interest through manipulation and lies.
Anything like the lies you are telling here? Fact, americans SHOULDNT vote in their own best interest. One needs to vote whats best for the country, not yourself. Anyone who thinks of themself and not their children is selfish and shouldn't be aloud to vote. Voting for whats best for YOU, another Democratic falacy... Why if a politician said that he would give all americans $1M to vote for him, you'd be right there I'm sure...

This is why the Senate was NOT elected by the people when the Constitution was written. You need state balance which does not exist today.. What messed that up.. VOTERS.. voting in their own interest.
Quote:
Please tell me why would someone who has never made more than 40,000 year push for tax cuts for the rich (that dumbazz joe the plumber)?
Because maybe that dumbazz Joe the Plumber understands ew dont live in a bubble, and also understands the conversation above about 2 pockets. Something you need to grasp. Maybe also they understand that tax cuts INCREASED revenues, DOUBLED capital gains tax revenues, and provided jobs for TEN MILLION individuals. Tell me how that spending plan is working out?
Quote:
Did it work during Reagan's term (remember voodoo economics)
Yes, it worked under Reagan.

http://www.house.gov/jec/growth/taxpol/fig-1.gif (broken link)
http://www.house.gov/jec/growth/taxpol/fig-2.gif (broken link)
http://www.house.gov/jec/growth/taxpol/fig-3.gif (broken link)
http://www.house.gov/jec/growth/taxpol/fig-4.gif (broken link)
The above figures represent Clinton with a Democratic Congress. It wasnt until Republicans AGAIN took over under Clinton and changed the economic, tax policies and spending policies to allow the economy to prosper again.
Quote:
do you really think by not taxing the super wealthy that they would provide jobs with the money that they save? Hell naw!
You have absolutely no clue about how the uber wealthy spent their savings. Tell me why capital gains taxes DOUBLED after Bush 2003 tax cuts? Can you? Answer, because tax policies were setup to encourage them to SPEND their money.. Tell me why there were ten MILLION new jobs after Bush passed the 2003 tax cuts, in only 4 years? Again, backup your statements with FACTS..
Quote:
they are going to bank it or invest it overseas.
Wrong because the tax to reunify funds back in america is VERY high.. Americans who make money abroad keep it abroad.. You want them to bring it back.. LOWER THE TAX RATE.. You want them to invest it here. THEN STOP ENCOURAGING THEM TO LEAVE in the first place..
Quote:
Which bring to mind, what I have not heard is one refutican speak about (and mean it) closing tax loopholes for the rich and sending american jobs overseas.
Sending american jobs overseas? Thats your complaint? What on gods earth do you think is going to happen when you raise their taxes? They are going to send MORE jobs overseas.. Your argument above is they are greedy so why on earth do you not think they'd avoid taxes and move the jobs? As for closing the loopholes, again Republicans have held Congress for EIGHT out of the last FORTY years.. Why arent you asking those that have held congress and set tax policies to begin with? DEMOCRATS..
Quote:
What they tell is some crap about "free enterprise" which means "cheap labor and no labor unions to monitor what they do over there.
BINGO.. Unions.. All Democrats know how to talk about.. Remind me again why employers pay for insurance? I know.. UNIONS.. Thanks for playing!!
Quote:
I believe that there should be more accountabilty in fiscal spending but where was the outrage when billions of dollars "disappeared" in Iraq?
Republicans lost the election over such outrage in 2007

Last edited by pghquest; 10-22-2010 at 11:50 PM..

Old 10-22-2010, 11:51 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
And as an American Citizen, we have a right to our own opinion, no matter what our Presdient's opinion is. And in fact, even if he were another president, someone with smarts, and said these same things, i would still think this is wrong. Have your opinion, but with Obama he comes on so very strong, if the subject is anything he thinks does not help his cause.

What is destructive to our Country is a President, who seems to put blame upon everyone else but himself for his own failures, that i hate. What is destructive to this Country, is a hot-head for a President, who seems to think the when he talks, we all jump hoops and listen exactly to what he is saying, because his word is Gospel. That i hate.

What i hate about this President, was the farce associated with his Presidency, that promised each and every one of us that things were going to be great. That he would be different, and be for all the people, Mr. President you have had a lapse in memory!

Old 10-23-2010, 12:04 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Obama doesn't like that fact that Fox News is destructive to his agenda and his presidency. He doesn't care about this country, Obama only cares about power and Obama.
Fox news....Lenin,Marx,and Engels...don't see eye to eye...hence the rub with the Dear Leader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies