Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 09:58 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,568,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
No, it is symbolism just like the Nazi flag was the sign for Nazism. Should a sewing shop be forced to sew a flag for some hate group? Not at all! They should have every right to turn down someone request and that group has every right to go to another store.

Many businesses have signs saying RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE. This is a case of that. There is no issue.

The radical agenda of radical gays will not stand everywhere. Get over it. Jeez!

Why do gays have to yell and scream until everyone accepts them? It's not going to happen.
really? those businesses said the same thing to black folk decades ago!
Please don't compare Gays to Nazis!
Now if these retards are so foolish not to take "Gay? money let them! They are fools already!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 10:06 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,568,938 times
Yes Rainbow cupcakes! Because we all know that will turn you GAY!

Old 10-04-2010, 11:21 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,944,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
The baker didn't want to make the cupcakes. If the group did not reveal the symbolism behind the cupcakes, the baker would have made them.

Again, I am wondering how the baker found out they were gay.

No laws were violated. The baker did not refuse to serve them, he refused to make rainbow cupcakes. A store owner refusing to make something that you ask them to make is not prosecutable discrimination. It's really not that difficult to understand.
exactly -but they are going to cause such a stink over this to get attention- does this place even make cupcakes? in the article the owner says "They wanted cupcakes and that is not part of our inventory," said Stockton and they are called just cookies

Old 10-04-2010, 11:23 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,944,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
really? those businesses said the same thing to black folk decades ago!
Please don't compare Gays to Nazis!
Now if these retards are so foolish not to take "Gay? money let them! They are fools already!
oh no you called them retards now your offending retarded people

Old 12-03-2010, 08:46 AM

131 posts, read 113,994 times
Default Good Local Business All 'Round

If I were in the Bakery Business, I would have a very conservative and quiet setting whereby my customers could quietly enter and be quickly and most courteously served. Customers would know to keep their voices down.

As long as people would enter fully clad and not be without shoes and shirts, they could get served, regardless as to their sexual orientations or personally perceived genders.

If an order was taken over the phone and I regarded the order as obscene, I would make an alternative proposal to alter their suggestion to make it somewhat less obscene.

If they would insist, I would reluctantly acquiesce and increase my rate for their eccentric pleasure.

It would have to be really really really be both filthy and bizarre for me to actually refuse to do it!

Old 12-03-2010, 11:12 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,258,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
What is this "gay agenda" you guys are always talking about? Austrian drapes? Rainbow cupcakes? What's the secret agenda of the homosexuals in this country?
The same agenda the Christian Right has. Gay political activists always play the same cards as the religious right. Always playing the victim, shouting discrimination any time somebody doesn't cater to them, trying to use the law to enforce their viewpoint while suppressing the opposing viewpoint. Both gay political activists and the Christian right are guilty of these things. Neither side is capable of tolerance or "live and let live." Extremes on either side of the political spectrum cannot co-exist in peace. Gays do have a stronger case because they are denied certain rights such as marriage, but once gay marriage is legalized and employment non-discrimination legislation is passed, gays will have all the rights straight people have.

The bakery owner has every right to not make a special item not normally on the menu, but she was an idiot for not just coming up with an excuse like "we don't have the capability to do that" rather than turn it into a political issue. As said, I HIGHLY doubt these people would have been refused service if they would have requested regular cupcakes.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:15 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,595,106 times
their bakery..their prerogative...don't like it...don't go there...

Old 12-03-2010, 11:52 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,636,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
their bakery..their prerogative...don't like it...don't go there...
Exactly!

Old 12-03-2010, 11:54 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Liberals playing the victim card again. And who ran to cry and tattletale to the media after this non-incident happened, hmm? Somebody with a gay agenda perhaps?

Private businesses can do whatever they want. There are plenty of other bakeries the kids can get their rainbow cupcakes from.
No, they can't do whatever they want. However, i'd simply order them somewhere else and made sure that i badmouthed that business as publicly as possible.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:57 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Liberals playing the victim card again. And who ran to cry and tattletale to the media after this non-incident happened, hmm? Somebody with a gay agenda perhaps?

Private businesses can do whatever they want. There are plenty of other bakeries the kids can get their rainbow cupcakes from.
Exactly making a mountain out of a mole hill!
So should businesses start selling things just because someone asks for them even if they dont sell the item! Some will add it and most wont! Just because a store doesnt have what I am looking for should I tell the media!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies