Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 09:18 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Wonderful, but how does that absolve the teabaggers of wanton hypocrisy?

Well for starters lets look at your first example, Rand Paul isn't the beneficiary. His patients are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 09:30 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Rand Paul, Paladino, Miller, Angle...are there any teabagger candidates who haven't been the beneficiaries of government money?

The Plum Line - Tea Partyers on the dole

They call themselves "Tea Partyers" but they should call themselves hypocrites.

They preach religion and morality while stealing from their clueless flock and carrying on affairs. Just like the rightwing/Christian, self hating homosexuals rant against those like they are, these people are overflowing with self loathing.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:40 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Well for starters lets look at your first example, Rand Paul isn't the beneficiary. His patients are.
Ah, without medicaid quite a few of Dr. Paul's patients wouldn't be able to avail themselves of his services. By subsidizing elderly healthcare, Dr. Paul is indeed a direct beneficiary.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:43 PM

72 posts, read 126,296 times
I should say calling each other names and labelling opposing ideas is too easy, by the way, have you seen a former addict standing up to fight drugs?

Old 10-05-2010, 09:54 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,382,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShahramTaba View Post
I should say calling each other names and labelling opposing ideas is too easy, by the way, have you seen a former addict standing up to fight drugs?
Yes I have. In the scenario you express, no. But in other scenario's, such as ex gang members working toward educating the public, yes.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:47 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Very interesting phenomenon of the left. They construct the rules of the game they all force us to play. (we are forced to pay social security tax making it impossible for the average person to invest meaningfully on their own for retirement) Then call people hypocrites who object to those rules because they accept the benefits of the programs they have been forced to participate in. A real Catch 22.

Old 10-06-2010, 05:20 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,692 times
Quote:
Rand Paul, Paladino, Miller, Angle...are there any teabagger candidates who haven't been the beneficiaries of government money?

The Plum Line - Tea Partyers on the dole
When Ron Paulies would approach me in 2008, I would ask them why I should vote for him when he wants to cut entitlements for disabled Americans. They would go into their looong spiel. Then I would say I don't want to support Ron Paul's government housing and government benefits and government paycheck if he's in the White House, so I will quit paying my taxes if he wins

Old 10-06-2010, 07:25 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I would prefer to not have to invest any of my money in the private sector because I believe they will never pay me back. They will find a way to lose my money in speculation or some other financial scheme for their benefit.

I would like to see a government sponsored retirement paid for by issuing government bonds to the individual citizens in small amounts (say no more than 20% of household income up to 20k per year) and paying 5% over inflation per year for as long as they are held. These bonds would be backed by the US Government instead of a bunch of speculative gamblers. Our government would be borrowing from us instead of some international financial house.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:48 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Wow, you guys must really be feeling threatened by the TP
I've never feel threatened by toilet paper except when I wonder the day we can't wipe our own butts anymore because scott outsourced to china.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:07 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,231,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Very interesting phenomenon of the left. They construct the rules of the game they all force us to play. (we are forced to pay social security tax making it impossible for the average person to invest meaningfully on their own for retirement) Then call people hypocrites who object to those rules because they accept the benefits of the programs they have been forced to participate in. A real Catch 22.
Aren't we free individuals? A person may be forced to contribute to govt programs, but that in no way means they are forced to receive benefits from the programs they vocally disparage.

What was Joe Miller forced to participate in, in order to get farm subsidies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies