Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 08:35 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
When Ron Paulies would approach me in 2008, I would ask them why I should vote for him when he wants to cut entitlements for disabled Americans. They would go into their looong spiel. Then I would say I don't want to support Ron Paul's government housing and government benefits and government paycheck if he's in the White House, so I will quit paying my taxes if he wins
It's not a long spiel. Once again another false accusation to make your weak point.
It's immoral to steal. Have you been able to grasp that yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 08:39 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
The sense of guilt one gets when they inherit money and don't have to work for a living makes people do strange things.
Um...we're in that demographic. We're far from rich, and we were born with plastic spoons in our mouths vs. silver ones. It's called pulling yourself up by the bootstraps, but getting help along the way (like public education, student loans) to get you there. I think we've given back our fair share.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Um...we're in that demographic. We're far from rich, and we were born with plastic spoons in our mouths vs. silver ones. It's called pulling yourself up by the bootstraps, but getting help along the way (like public education, student loans) to get you there. I think we've given back our fair share.
I forgot to add Pell grants...but you get my point.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:42 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Taxation is not theft. It is the dues paid to be a member of a group. In this case a group called US Citizens that elected representatives that determined the tax rates.

The excess money extorted by the petroleum industry by monopoly control of supplies and prices is theft because it is both illegal and not agreed upon by consumers or determined by a free and open market. This monopoly costs most people far more than taxes.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Rand Paul, Paladino, Miller, Angle...are there any teabagger candidates who haven't been the beneficiaries of government money?

The Plum Line - Tea Partyers on the dole
The word is Tea Party boy. Leave your sexual fantasies out of it please. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

People are sheep and don't understand the price fixing lowers competition which lowers quality.
You want doctors to make less money by turning patients away because of their belief in the inefficient, and costly system?

Old 10-06-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Taxation is not theft. It is the dues paid to be a member of a group. In this case a group called US Citizens that elected representatives that determined the tax rates.

The excess money extorted by the petroleum industry by monopoly control of supplies and prices is theft because it is both illegal and not agreed upon by consumers or determined by a free and open market. This monopoly costs most people far more than taxes.
Nothing wrong with user taxes, however income tax is straight out theft. How can you not see this? It is not theft when it supports your causes, understood.
Someone who determines the tax rate hmmm how is that not price fixing?

Old 10-06-2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I've never feel threatened by toilet paper except when I wonder the day we can't wipe our own butts anymore because scott outsourced to china.
Some days I just love this board...

Old 10-06-2010, 08:51 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
So you like higher taxes and believe it's better to have the gov't handle your charitable work?

Old 10-06-2010, 08:52 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
And I'd say you're wrong. That's a high school level stereotype of Democrats or liberals - "they don't work, they just take." Not reflected by reality.
Way to misconstrue what I said. Members of the Tea Party tend to be wealthier than the general public, and hence pay more in taxes because of that fact. And this is according to the NYT/CBS polling data...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/15/us...cs/15poll.html

Sounds like you are suffering from grade school level liberal insecurity complex.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:05 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,761 times
Quote:
Rand Paul, Paladino, Miller, Angle...are there any teabagger candidates who haven't been the beneficiaries of government money?
Quote:
No, probably not. Most of the Tea-Baggers I know are quit wealthy (as I’m sure most are) and don’t need government hand outs. But then again, most of the Tea-Baggers I know aren’t in the political spot light. The “on the dole” Tea-Baggers” you mention are riding the coat-tails of the Tea Party movement and IMO aren’t real Tea-Baggers to begin with (although they are employed and hence they are not completely “on the dole”). Good call though.
What I find funny is how so many people, mostly lefties, are afraid of Tea-Baggers to the point of being phobic; It reminds me of an article I read about homophobia where the homophobes are really homosexual in nature but in strong denial. Perhaps this is the case with the leftist here that focus on the term “Tea-Baggers” as a joint fantasy in the realm of homosexuality (or sexual covetousness) and class envoy. I would have never thought to look at a group of middle aged white guys (who are wealthy) then connect the term tea-baggers. But again, I am a confident, educated, Tea-Bagging, employed heterosexual who is above the poverty line and was taught years ago not to throw mud. But I guess a little mud can wash off.

I think the new term for these folks afraid of Tea-Baggers could be “blanco-androphobia” or “Dikephobia”

Happy searching!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies