Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2010, 12:32 PM

25 posts, read 29,222 times

Advertisements

Apology after 19 years? Why???? The bigger questions are:

1. Why is Virginia Thomas bringing this up now and
2. Why is she still holding a GRUDGE after 19 years.

Perhaps this is a publicity stunt brought on by Mrs. Thomas?

In any event, it should be the other way around: Clarence Thomas owes Anita Hill an apology. I watched those confirmation hearings, and they were a disgrace. Thomas came across as angry and defensive the entire time, then threw in the race card. In the end, he got what he wanted - a lifetime job as Supreme Court Justice.

Anita Hill was badgered by some of our Senators, especially the one from Utah.....but she kept her composure and sophistication throughout the hearings. To me, she was believable, Thomas was not.

He is the worst Supreme Court Justice on the Court, and did not deserve to be confirmed. He has nothing worthwhile to say or write an opinion on - except his book of course.

Anita Hill has NOTHING to apologize for, and Ginny Thomas should stop doing her husband's dirty work for him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 01:13 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,597,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goukas View Post

Isn't this illegal harassment, perhaps even criminal? Anita Hill was under oath in a Congressional Hearing! Mrs. Thomas is calling to intimidate someone to change their testimony, no matter how long ago. I wonder if this is why the FBI is involved now?

Old 10-20-2010, 01:46 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Could there be more allegations of past sexual harassment coming out in McEwen's memoir?

washingtonpost.com
Ah, the plot thickens.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:59 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,326,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Reported it to whom? The EEOC?
Why, sure, her boss, of course.

She should have confronted Clarence himself, while stripping her off clothes.

She was obviously lacking in political social skills.

Last edited by ergohead; 10-20-2010 at 02:23 PM..

Old 10-20-2010, 02:44 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goukas View Post

Nope, apparently this is her typical behavior

In 1999, she called Washington Post reporter Tom Jackman after he wrote a front-page article about a Virginia man falsely accused of being a sex pervert. Weeping, she told Jackman that the story reminded her of the ordeal she and her husband had endured. "My husband's name is Clarence Thomas," she said.

And when author David Brock - once hailed by the right for penning a book critical of Anita Hill - was pilloried for renouncing the book he had written, it was Virginia Thomas who came to his defense. She left Brock a long voice message saying that she was praying for him and that nobody should have his name smeared like Brock's was.

In an interview she and her husband did with People Magazine just before Thomas ascended to the high court, she said of Hill: "In my heart I always believed she was probably someone in love with my husband who never got what she wanted."

Mrs. Thomas said she did not intend to offend Hill with the voice mail. "I did place a call to Ms. Hill at her office extending an olive branch to her after all these years, in hopes that we could ultimately get passed what happened so long ago,"

Speaking of olives, it is confirmed. Ginne's an olive short
of a pizza

Old 10-20-2010, 02:48 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
I would guess that Virginia has doubts about Clarence that are haunting her. Perhaps Clarence waves some red flags from time to time. Virginia wants Anita to apologize as a way for Virginia to dismiss her suspicions. Kind of pathetic and desperate!

Old 10-20-2010, 02:50 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Isn't this illegal harassment, perhaps even criminal? Anita Hill was under oath in a Congressional Hearing! Mrs. Thomas is calling to intimidate someone to change their testimony, no matter how long ago. I wonder if this is why the FBI is involved now?
So? Bill Clinton lied under oath as the POTUS! Nothing is worse than that and he got a free pass.

Old 10-20-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I would guess that Virginia has doubts about Clarence that are haunting her. Perhaps Clarence waves some red flags from time to time.
Or maybe Ginnie just found a coke can lying around the house

Clarence Thomas, Anita Hill, and Pubic Hair on a Can of Coke - America's 50 Most Scandalous Political Scandals - Zimbio

Old 10-20-2010, 03:10 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,326,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
So? Bill Clinton lied under oath as the POTUS! Nothing is worse than that and he got a free pass.
That was his exhibition of brilliant social skills.

Old 10-20-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I love Bill Clinton

Hey, you got your impeachment hearings. The perjury charge was defeated with 45 votes for conviction and 55 against

Larry Flynt offered a reward for information leading to info on Republican adulterers

Republicans Livingston, Barr and Hyde were revealed as adulterers at that time. Other prominent adulterers who called for Clinton's impeachment include:

* Newt Gingrich In 2007, the Majority Leader Republican leader admitted to having had an extra-marital affair at the same time that Clinton was being impeached.
* Henry Hyde (R-IL) Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee that recommended impeachment.
* Robert Livingston (R-LA) immediately resigned when his own affair was discovered.
* Bob Barr (R-GA) who was one of the 13 House Managers on the Judiciary Committee.
* Helen Chenoweth (R-ID)
* John Ensign (R-NV)
* Larry Craig (R-ID)
* Dan Burton (R-IN)
* Steve LaTourette(R-OH)

Isn't it fun, when we look back on history
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies