Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 08:51 AM

9 posts, read 22,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Here's a hint...and from a Jewish American, no less!

People (and for the record, I mean all people, not one particular race/ethnicity/religious group/etc.) tend to vote for their interests. Or at least what they perceive to be their interests.

I live in New York City. To vote for a Republican--which party has about as much use for my hometown as Hitler did for Poland--is just plain contradictory to practically everything I believe.
I live in New York City too. Both Bloomberg and Giuliani were voted in as Republicans. And they did a heck of a lot more for this city than the decades of Democratic rule which preceeded them, especially the last disastrous Democrat.

Choosing New York as an example of effective Democratic rule is a baseless decision. The Dems have been and are a disaster for both the city and state of New York.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:26 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
I live in Germany and its doing GREAT!!! Less and less unemployment, 2nd biggest exporter, growing economy. So what were you saying?

You don't live in Europe, but you seem to know soooo much about it like your little ignorant rant shows.
sure it is, ask Merkel about that. Besides I didn't mention any one country, I was referring to Europe as a whole and I was referring to issue overall, not just fiscally. I don't pretend to go on the forums for other countries and tell them how to run their country, why do people in Europe think they can come here and tell us how to run ours?

I will try never to respond to you again, but I won't promise. I will not respond to any comment you make on this subject again.
Nita

Old 10-20-2010, 09:36 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,034,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Poor whites do vote, and it's fact the poorest and least intelligent states in the nation are also the most heavily republican, while the most intelligent are heavily democrat. Why the poor whites are so heavily republican is beyond me, most likely the lack of education and intelligence has something to do with it.
The uneducated vote has been a reliable voter bloc for the Democrats going on 80 years. Obama for example won 70% of the voters who had no high school diploma. No Republican in the past 30 years has won that bloc.

Poor people in general also have low voter turnout. Typically the more educated you are and the more household income you earn, the more likely you are to vote.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:39 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Why do you generalize about this?

There are PLENTY of Jews who don't vote Democrat.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:49 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dawg View Post
Do Jews not realize that by voting Dem they're essentially voting themselves back into the gas chambers? Thoughts?
The Democrats speak with forked-tongue. Yes, that's what they say, but what they do is entirely different.

I guess you don't remember Senator Daniel Inouye giving $8 Million of your hard earned tax dollars to the French government, so that the French government could build private Jewish schools for Jewish kids.

The implications here are staggering.

For one, why would the US need to give France, who claims it is a Super-Power $8 Million to build schools?

And "separation of church and state?" Well, obviously the Democrats have no problem over-looking that when it buys votes.

The funny thing is if a Republican wanted to spend $8 Million federal tax dollars to build private Jewish schools, or for that matter, private catholic schools, or Jehovah Witness schools or Muslim schools, the Democrats would be screaming and frothing at the mouth until they fell over backwards and died.

Go look at the source of the foreign aid to Israel. The majority of earmarks and amendments that give away money come from Democrats, not Republicans, and in addition to direct aid to Israel, the Democrats are the primary sponsors of indirect aid to Israel, like the $8 Million given to France to build private Jewish schools.

I'm sure people will point out Carter, but then Carter was a president (for only 4 years) and not Senator or Representative.

Reagan refused to give the Israelis a Cray Super II Computer (having one is necessary to build cruise missiles -- the real ones -- not the non-ballistic missiles that the media erroneously refers to as cruise missiles) so Israel of course spied on the US and stole technology and information about US cruise missiles, and then naturally gave that information to the Soviets.

And then Bill Clinton gave a Cray Super II to Israel and then he gave two Cray Super II's to Russia, and then I guess in order to be fair, he gave North Korea two Plutonium producing nuclear reactors so they could build plutonium-based nuclear weapons. I'm surprised Oblabla hasn't given the North Koreans one of Cray's Big Red Supercomputers (Big Red is the latest incarnation of super-computer by Cray).

Old 10-20-2010, 09:55 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicetaster View Post
I live in New York City too. Both Bloomberg and Giuliani were voted in as Republicans. And they did a heck of a lot more for this city than the decades of Democratic rule which preceeded them, especially the last disastrous Democrat.

Choosing New York as an example of effective Democratic rule is a baseless decision. The Dems have been and are a disaster for both the city and state of New York.
So what.

California has a Republican governor (Arnold Schwarzenegger) who hasn't done a thing for our state.

Los Angeles had Richard Riordan, Republican, who didn't do a darn thing for the city as compared to Tom Bradley, Democrat, who really made Los Angeles a world class city.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:02 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
The uneducated vote has been a reliable voter bloc for the Democrats going on 80 years. Obama for example won 70% of the voters who had no high school diploma. No Republican in the past 30 years has won that bloc.

Poor people in general also have low voter turnout. Typically the more educated you are and the more household income you earn, the more likely you are to vote.

Republicans continue to use poor and lower middle class Whites as their vote-getting foot soldiers by playing on their bigoted fears of the "brown people" who are taking their rightful place in society, their jobs, etc.

Poor Whites vote Republican yet never reap the benefits of their support....that goes to the wealthy. Then Republicans turn around and tell poor Whites that the reason they aren't getting any benefits of voting for Republicans is because of the "immoral" liberals.

Republicans are all about nothing but maintaining the status quo for the wealthy....everything else is just lip service and an endless shell game for poor and lower middle class Whites.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:23 AM

888 posts, read 1,186,959 times
WHY in the world, would a Jew in America today, NOT vote Democratic??

The Christian religious right, has the GOP in a virtual death grip.
Candidates like O'Donnell (Del.-R), disputing the separation of Church and State.

As a Jew in modern America, I'd be looking over my shoulder in discomfort, as the GOP moves into uncharted American territory, as far as bigotry and intolerance is concerned.

BTW: I AM Jewish.

Steve

Old 10-20-2010, 11:03 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
sure it is, ask Merkel about that. Besides I didn't mention any one country, I was referring to Europe as a whole and I was referring to issue overall, not just fiscally. I don't pretend to go on the forums for other countries and tell them how to run their country, why do people in Europe think they can come here and tell us how to run ours?

I will try never to respond to you again, but I won't promise. I will not respond to any comment you make on this subject again.
Nita
Why ask Merkel? It is. Try google. I didn't know people are not allowed to be interested in other countries . Maybe thats why Americans don't know much about the rest of the world, because people like you don't like that.
But funny how it was YOU that made a broad statement about a whole continent!!! Maybe you should practise what you preach instead of belittling anyone that is not from the US who is interested in CD discussions. Actually, in every of your comments you belittle people that don't share your opinion, not only in this forum.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:14 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,991,811 times
Why do you think Jews vote the way they do ? Well they still remeber what it was like when their parents or grandparents first came to America and found instead of streets paved with gold but brick walls. They weren't considered Americans you know and many professions and communities were off limits to them. Blacks weren't the only ones to get a burning cross in the lawn treatment.
Jews learned to stick together and largely stayed out of places they weren't wellcome. They also found a few professions that were open to them because they didn't have the social status of professions like the law professions like education, science or medicine and soon there were law firms that were run by Jewish partners and after all the hard work and savings their money began to talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies