Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2010, 08:58 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,315,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It's a pretty convenient visual filter you have there.
I see that you have at least two problems here. You have never seen an actual stomping and kicking of a head and you failed to read Sunny's definition of stomp. It is ok because you people need your story to keep each other pumped up.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:59 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,341,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Doesn't matter. A man putting his hands or feet on a woman is wrong. Violence against women is wrong under any circumstances. Period.

At least you've said you don't agree with what he did. Others on your side have not only condoned it, but have actually suggested she deserved more.

It really has been eye opening for me. I would not have expected this from the males on this board. Something like this should transcend politics.

I guess I was just brought up differently.
And now a break from our sponsor.

These boots are made for stompin'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vA4T1wfJLE

6,175 posts, read 12,952,250 times
A stomp is a dynamic act that cannot be captured in a still photo. Also his foot is not on her head. It's on the back of her neck, and her shirt has been bunched up behind his foot, hiding the back of her head and making it possible to suggest, until you look at it a little better, that his foot is on her head. When you watch the video, it is very clear that, yes, that jackass did put his foot on her shoulder/neck & shove her to the ground. That's not the same as stomping. Of course, people want to promote their "side" and will blow something out of proportion to do so. So you have fun with that.

44,882 posts, read 33,315,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostInTheShell View Post
So, just to clarify, are some of you saying that the men in the crowd had every right to take this person to the ground, restrain her and plant their foot on her head?
OMG, we are now down from stomp to plant the foot on. We are gaining anyway.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:03 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,951,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
It's a world away from "bite the curb". Have you ever heard of intention? Do you really believe that this guy wanted to kill her?
Kill, no. But what is shown in the video is beyond mere restraint. If the purpose was restraint, there would be absolutely no reason to put your foot on her shoulder/neck/head, whatever. She was already restrained. And at 14 seconds, where he pushes his foot down - that is an emotional, angry move that serves no practical purpose. It has nothing to do with restraint. And then they pan to that guys face - pure emotion, raw rage and anger. If everyone in that mob had been like that guy, I think that lady would be severely injured.

These people are just "yocals." Real security professionals of any type have control over their emotions.

I don't have a problem with people being republicans, or democrats, or not voting at all. I do have a problem with people defending the guy who pushed his foot down on a woman who was already restrained on the ground.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:06 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,443,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
Kill, no. But what is shown in the video is beyond mere restraint. If the purpose was restraint, there would be absolutely no reason to put your foot on her shoulder/neck/head, whatever. She was already restrained. And at 14 seconds, where he pushes his foot down - that is an emotional, angry move that serves no practical purpose. It has nothing to do with restraint. And then they pan to that guys face - pure emotion, raw rage and anger. If everyone in that mob had been like that guy, I think that lady would be severely injured.

These people are just "yocals." Real security professionals of any type would display control over their emotions.

I don't have a problem with people being republicans, or democrats, or not voting at all. I do have a problem with people defending the guy who pushed his foot down on a woman who was already restrained on the ground.
I have a real problem with it too. I wonder how some of those defending this jerk's actions would feel if that was their wife or daughter down on the ground?

Old 10-27-2010, 09:09 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,952,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I have a real problem with it too. I wonder how some of those defending this jerk's actions would feel if that was their wife or daughter down on the ground?
Very few have defended the jackass or his action. But so many want to attribute his action to the entire group of like political thinkers. Why not attribute instead the actions of the guy who STOPPED him from stepping on her?

Old 10-27-2010, 09:25 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,040,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Traffic accidents often result from two people making stupid decisions.

The woman is an idiot (that really came out in the Obermann interview) and organizers were right to block her access to Rand Paul. But Profitt went over the line with his foot shove to her neck. He was stopped by a smarter Paul supporter who put out his hand and said "No, no, no, come on." That supporter knew that Profitt was over the line and stopped further abuse.
Finally someone starts making sense.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:31 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,951,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Very few have defended the jackass or his action. But so many want to attribute his action to the entire group of like political thinkers. Why not attribute instead the actions of the guy who STOPPED him from stepping on her?
this thread is long, i randomly clicked a few pages of this thread and here are posts where broad conclusions about the "left" or "right" are drawn based on this video. i disagree that "so many want to attribute his action to the entire group..." i'm not really seeing that.
Quote:
Like you damn liberals have not done the same thing...
Oh Yeah several times in the 2008 election...
Quote:
Yeah, sure, those thugs should have pushed the woman to the pavement and stomped on her neck and shoulder.........that's obviously what she deserved because she is NOT a Republican or a Tea Party person.
Quote:
It is also a refection of the tactics of the left and moveon dot org. The Progressives in this thread keep ignoring that this woman was being paid to incite violence.
Quote:
As though we had any doubts about your posts: the left really is all about the "gotcha" moments as was the female provocateur in the video. It was a set up and this man stupidly took the bait.
Quote:
BTW, isn't this kind of thing what Obama wanted the left to do? Get in their face, argue with them??? Well, this is what happens whe you listen to your fearless leader. It's easy for him to talk trash, he's got secret service to watch his back. "She" is all proud of herself for getting stepped on.....
Quote:
She and the creeps at moveon instigated the whole, I'm sure hoping for such a reaction. Let's not forget who she is - she's been charged with a felony, a vandal, one of those loony "peace" activists trying to make some news, which she did, which the media and the Left will run with, dismissing the fact that another woman was also assaulted, but don't expect that to come out in the morning when every show leads with this story.
Quote:
The paranoia of the Right knows no bounds.
Quote:
You're typical of the Paulist mentality. This is what scary about the Pauls - the intellectual depravity of their supporters.
Quote:
Agreed. The truly disturbing thing is all these right wing loons not just defending the assault, but actually condoning it. It really goes to show how messed up in the head most of the right are.
Quote:
Restrain a women, by stomping on her head? And you defend this? You are a sick, sick American. No wonder so many people like me have ditched the Republican party. Some of you guys will defend the most disgusting acts in the name of power.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:34 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,828,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
You should rename this thread to "Two Republicans endorse the physical assault of woman in America."

We'd probably want it to be as accurate as possible for the readers, dontcha think?
Got that right, not to mention there is already an ongoing thread on this topic. Odd the one with the far right wing endorsement of the cowardly attack is left to slide,...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies