Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2010, 08:45 AM

19,023 posts, read 26,019,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Be pretty hard to shoot him with your arms pinned down to the ground.
Yeah it would, but if a bad guy has both my arms pinned he can't hit me either. I have taken my fair share of beatings and mostly my arms are not pinned down.

Often times one arm or the other is, but not both. This is why i carry a back up gun in the first place. More or less I should be able to get to one of them even if I have been taken by surprise.

If a mug has me on the ground in a head lock and is punching me in the face or stabbing me in the guts. I still have a chance to live if i can access either gun.

It is a chance, not a sure win.

If i am grabbed from behind, the way my carry system works the mug will be shot thru the chest and right from the holster if I can get my hand on the grips.

If that arm is pinned down or my coat is, then that back up comes into play. And I may not need to clear that weapon either, and fire it from with in my own clothing. It might set me on fire, but a little fire on my clothing is a lesser price to pay than my life.

A mug has to let go at some point, just to get what he wants. Unless I am dead at that point he will not have the best day of his life.

The tricky part is understanding what the mug wants. If that is my car or wallet he can have them. If it's my life well there is gonna be a fight.

I am a lot older and more broken than you are. The tool called gun is just much more reasonable. I have had several occasions to use them, and discovered bad guys really don't like the idea they may be shot.

No one wants to be first. This lends to the idea that guns are used every day for self defence and are not fired. That ends up a win win for everybody IMO.. Bad Guy learns his lesson and I get to live another day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 04:38 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,744,773 times
I can pin BOTH your arms with one of mine--that would give me another arm.

Old 11-06-2010, 05:12 PM

19,023 posts, read 26,019,529 times
Quote:
You don't know that. Like I said i have taken some beatings in the past and in general it takes 6 guys to dish that out. In the process some of them even took a lick or two.

Old 11-06-2010, 05:16 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,383,547 times
Quote:
can you leap a tall building in a single bound?

Old 11-06-2010, 05:29 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,055,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoWeb View Post
It was my general thought/presumption that most people do not have/own guns - -especially in a urban area (vs. farm country where I can easily assume people have guns). During multiple conversations with my neighbors over the last year or so I realized that most of them do own firearms.

Not sure if my area is an exception or if my assumptions were wrong. When I mentioned to one of my neighbors that I have none, they were extremely surprised and suggested 'I get on it.' I live in a large city, not somewhere isolated or in farm country and in a relatively safe neighborhood and owning firearms never came to my mind.

So this bring the question. Does your household owns firearms?
Do you think each household should?
Do many of your neighbors/friends own firearms?

Just curious as to what people think of this.
Damn skippy!!!

Old 11-06-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
can you leap a tall building in a single bound?
I could demonstrate it on you, if you were around. But if you aren't aware that it's possible, then you're speaking from a position of ignorance on the matter. I've done it more than once.

My goal, when fighting, is to disable my attacker so that he doesn't even think of coming after me.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:02 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,331,749 times
Quote:

Knock it off Kramer - your braggin' ain't impressin' no one here - does make us laugh at you though!

Frankly - if you were approaching me and I felt threatened - you'd have no time to pin my little pinkie - because you would be dead.

Got it bucko??

Old 11-06-2010, 06:19 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,383,547 times
Quote:
I could demonstrate it on you, if you were around. But if you aren't aware that it's possible, then you're speaking from a position of ignorance on the matter. I've done it more than once.

My goal, when fighting, is to disable my attacker so that he doesn't even think of coming after me.
So you can leap a building in a single bound Wow

Old 11-06-2010, 06:31 PM

18,361 posts, read 26,564,662 times
Quote:
It's the incredible amazing super mall ninja...

Old 11-06-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
It's easy for you to minimize the skills of someone you've never met, isn't it? If I ever fought you, you wouldn't forget it, and you'd learn something called respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies