Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 06:20 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Wealth is the greatest ENTITLEMENT of all.

Working hard and being lazy. Are we as Americans entitled to hard work and a lot of sacrifice? Or is that something I have no control over?
I'll let the phrase by Greg, speak for itself!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 06:23 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
It will be a cold day in Hell when the wealthy give up their ENTITLEMENT to protection under the LAW without having to pay their fair share of the cost. They have more to protect and should pay more for the service. Wealth is the greatest ENTITLEMENT of all.
The wealthy ALREADY pay more than the 'fair share' in the tax GAME.

Wealth is an entitlement? The gov doesn't give the wealthy ANYTHING. They TAKE from the wealthy. Those less 'fortunate' pay NOTHING in income taxes. The gov actually PAYS them EIC as a bonus.

Every taxpayer has protection (and prosecution) under the law.

Usurping tax law (as elected officials and treasury appointees are guilty of by the way) to target any one group is unfair as it is. Make EVERYBODY pay 17% percent. Give EVERYBODY a dog in the hunt.

Tax liability for those less fortunate right now is 0%. If you work smarter and harder it goes to 35%.

Those who whine and cry that the 'rich' are getting lower taxes, hey, EVERYBODY is getting lower taxes. What's the beef?

Crying a river because you can't stick it to 'rich' people is crying at it's worst. It's childish. 'He got more than me, mommy!'.

Give it up whiners.

Democrats (leftist all), drunk with the power of the last four years whine when they don't get 'their' way. But that's nothing new.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:44 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,277,616 times
I'm still waiting for a liberal to explain why it's fair to forcibly take someone elses money and give it to someone else, because they are so called rich? Liberals: You are using the IRS as your "enforcers," taking money from people, who legitimately earned it, and giving it to other people, so they can sit home and eat Bon Bon's, watching Oprah. How/why, is this fair?

Old 12-08-2010, 07:08 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
The wealthy ALREADY pay more than the 'fair share' in the tax GAME.

Wealth is an entitlement? The gov doesn't give the wealthy ANYTHING. They TAKE from the wealthy. Those less 'fortunate' pay NOTHING in income taxes. The gov actually PAYS them EIC as a bonus.

Every taxpayer has protection (and prosecution) under the law.

Usurping tax law (as elected officials and treasury appointees are guilty of by the way) to target any one group is unfair as it is. Make EVERYBODY pay 17% percent. Give EVERYBODY a dog in the hunt.

Tax liability for those less fortunate right now is 0%. If you work smarter and harder it goes to 35%.

Those who whine and cry that the 'rich' are getting lower taxes, hey, EVERYBODY is getting lower taxes. What's the beef?

Crying a river because you can't stick it to 'rich' people is crying at it's worst. It's childish. 'He got more than me, mommy!'.

Give it up whiners.

Democrats (leftist all), drunk with the power of the last four years whine when they don't get 'their' way. But that's nothing new.
Very well said!!

This idea of the idiot demrats that they have the right to - and should - take from the rich is really getting old. That, more than anything, makes me really dislike the entire party.

They need to get off their lazy butts, get a JOB, and stop trying to take from everyone they feel has more than them. STEALING is not right. People with money work hard to earn it and they did NOT steal it from the government like the demrats want to do.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:20 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Very well said!!

This idea of the idiot demrats that they have the right to - and should - take from the rich is really getting old. That, more than anything, makes me really dislike the entire party.

They need to get off their lazy butts, get a JOB, and stop trying to take from everyone they feel has more than them. STEALING is not right. People with money work hard to earn it and they did NOT steal it from the government like the demrats want to do.

I'm anything but wealthy. Illegal aliens made more than I did in the last 3 years. I as an honest human being, I feel stealing from those that worked hard and sacrificed a lot to get what they have, just to be forced to give it to those less willing to work hard and make sacrifices to make it in todays world, is against everything honest in the world.
Taxing ones hard work and sacrifice, while paying off those less motivated, is a road to total failure, as we are seeing today.
Sure I want to be successful. My government is the only thing holding me back right now. They allow illegal aliens to do a job I love to do. My government is no longer protecting the American citizen workforce. Another road to disaster. It has all been sold out to get monetary gains and power to dictate.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:47 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
"racist pelosi?" that's like saying "intelligent republican"
Pelosi is being critical of 0bama, and she disagrees with what he is doing, so by the democrat standards that they have made clear these past two years, any criticism of 0bam is being done only because he is black, and they are racists.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:54 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
She criticized Obama. Therefore, she is a racist.
People don't get called racist for criticizing the President, they get called racist because they are racist. There is a difference between valid concerns or anger and faux outrage based on made up stories. Ignoring it or playing the "race card" card doesn't make it go away. There are conservatives on this forum who didn't and wouldn't vote for the current POTUS that are not racist, then there are the resident racists. Just because they're not using racial slurs doesn't mean that we can't tell. That's the issue with some people on the right, they think that everyone is as ignorant as they are. Intelligent and rational conservatives have acknowledged it.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Pelosi is being critical of 0bama, and she disagrees with what he is doing, so by the democrat standards that they have made clear these past two years, any criticism of 0bam is being done only because he is black, and they are racists.
Naw, I disagree.

O was previously 'Pelosi Whipped'.

She is in the back of the bus now and of little use to him politically.

He is merely bending with the wind but cackling pundits as he bows, thinking those cackles will appease his former followers.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
People don't get called racist for criticizing the President, they get called racist because they are racist.
Where have you been the last four years of his campaign?

Old 12-08-2010, 08:02 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Where have you been the last four years of his campaign?
With reality. Not in the delusional world where people get upset because he put his feet on his desk or have a strange obsession with his birth certificate. I've seen some of your previous posts...I'll leave at that, otherwise, my post will probably be deleted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies