Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 06:14 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,231,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I don't call Tea conservative with a cuss word under my breath. I don't consider them to be leftist either. The apt name is the narcissist party trolling for a posse.
Well like many things the Tea Party isn't a homogenous entity and it has factions within itself and one only has to look at the large differences between say, Palin a devout neocon, Paul, a paleocon, and Rubio, a more typical conservative halfway between paleocon and contemporary GOP.

Granted the "movement" if we can even call it that anymore now that the elections are over were also made up of social conservatives plying their brand of Tea Party as well as more libertarian minded folks over with the Campaign for Liberty folks. Then of course there are those like the Koch, the rights version of Soros pulling the oligarch strings behind the stage for their own self interests, hoping to bring into the GOP fold those new Tea Party folks that were more compatible with the GOP and who now have a bitter taste in their mouth of Palin's self serving grandstanding. (tweet tweet)

Quote:
Centrists-- why am I in support of Assange? I have a natural aversion for anarchism but I recognize there's a time and place for all things. Every new idea is radical, Jesus or America. One's that perniciously get suppressed by well heeled interests defending their status quo pie tend to spring load. If this had not been suppressed for decades, if net neutrality became a football to wrestle over only to have the larger board tilted... clearly there is no redress or petitioning the law that gets bought out from under you. Peace at any price or war at any price doesn't work, and that's the economic arrangement between corporations and government in play for far too long.

Liberty is at stake when my ability to achieve informed consent (defend myself & liberty) continues to be undermined. I assert that what the government & corporations controlling media are engaged in is assaulting my 2nd amendment rights, right along with all citizens of the globe. The highest authority on the globe used to be the USA, but now that authority are trans national conglomerations beholden only to profit. This arrangement they mean to assert upon the globe is sowing the seeds of WW3. Streamlined processes to create the disease, then sell the cure. Instigate strife, then sell armaments.
As much as everyone is focusing on the Wiki-leak folks like Assange, I am more concerned with the security practices that lead to the leaking of this information to Assange. According to a recent report, there are over 5 million people with the same level of clearance as the private who leaked the original videos. Part of the reason so many have these clearances is because we are a national security state with more damn agencies spying on everything from enemies, our own people, to each other, to God only knows what else. Add in the Department of Motherland Security, zeig heil frauline, we also have a huge number of private contractors with various levels of clearances. On top of all this, we have actual spies of other nations and professional agents who we never hear about who I suspect have far more information than those at the same level as private Bradley Manning.

So while everyone is out to crucify Assange, those who leaked the info to him are still walking free and no one seems to give a damn. Everyone is buying the presented sacrificial lamb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
If I'm ever arrested, I'd really appreciate having you as my juror. These other people don't appear to be interested in being an American.
Well I just happen to focus on language as there is a great difference in the offering of an opinion and a statement of fact and when someone attempts to offer one as the other, I find it disingenuous. Part of the reason I have become rather frustrated with general political discussion is the gross misuse of language, definitions, and terms and all the years of evolution of our rather beautiful and eloquent language is regressing into some touretts styled text-a-bot LOL like OMG wtf ya know... Add in the gross abuse of common fallacies to poor use of language and this country is nose diving towards Idiocracy, like you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, obama set the precedent of assassination, didn't he?
No, he didn't.

Letters of Marque were offered as far back as 1812 and as recently as 1941 when the US government issued one to the Goodyear blimp Resolute when it was operated as an anti-submarine privateer based out of Los Angeles. In addition, Ron Paul has suggested that the US consider again using letters of marque and reprisal as a means to counter terrorist instead of the alternative of invading an entire nation and costing the American people TRILLIONS of dollars.

Lets see... assassinate a terrorist for a few hundred thousand to a few million or invade and occupy an entire nation for over a decade at the cost of trillions. I'm guessing you would have to support "big government" if you chose war and occupation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 10:11 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,069,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post

As much as everyone is focusing on the Wiki-leak folks like Assange, I am more concerned with the security practices that lead to the leaking of this information to Assange. According to a recent report, there are over 5 million people with the same level of clearance as the private who leaked the original videos. Part of the reason so many have these clearances is because we are a national security state with more damn agencies spying on everything from enemies, our own people, to each other, to God only knows what else. Add in the Department of Motherland Security, zeig heil frauline, we also have a huge number of private contractors with various levels of clearances. On top of all this, we have actual spies of other nations and professional agents who we never hear about who I suspect have far more information than those at the same level as private Bradley Manning.

So while everyone is out to crucify Assange, those who leaked the info to him are still walking free and no one seems to give a damn. Everyone is buying the presented sacrificial lamb.

Apparently, even though many people had access (no longer the case now) at the time, the ability to download and copy information was restricted, until quite recently when that restriction was apparently lifted.

State Pulls the Plug On SIPRNet - Swampland - TIME.com

Quote:
Prior to Manning's download, users of SIPRNet had been blocked from downloading data to removable media.

But at some point that restriction was lifted across all of CentCom.
Where is the press to get the answer to the question; Who gave the order to lift the restriction and when/why did it happen.

No, he didn't.

Letters of Marque were offered as far back as 1812 and as recently as 1941 when the US government issued one to the Goodyear blimp Resolute when it was operated as an anti-submarine privateer based out of Los Angeles. In addition, Ron Paul has suggested that the US consider again using letters of marque and reprisal as a means to counter terrorist instead of the alternative of invading an entire nation and costing the American people TRILLIONS of dollars.

Lets see... assassinate a terrorist for a few hundred thousand to a few million or invade and occupy an entire nation for over a decade at the cost of trillions. I'm guessing you would have to support "big government" if you chose war and occupation.
Actually, I should have been clearer. I was referring to obama's assassination order of a US citizen.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:35 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,230,571 times
Quote:
Well, obama set the precedent of assassination, didn't he?

That's the point. They will engage in illegal activity, go to the mat for the right of free speech for assange and wikileaks, but because Palin was rather harsh on what to do with assange, since the DOJ and obama don't appear to be doing anything, they attack her website and HER right to free speech.

Free speech for them and their allies, but not for the rest of us.
I like the "rather harsh". You mean like killing?
The kill Assange crowd isn't too far fetched from the fanatical muslims upon the release of the book Satanic Verses written by Rushdie. He had to fear for his life.

Personally, I don't think the US government should take advocates of a Right Wing Police State seriously for suggestions of 'free speech' So Palin can have her ideas of 'free speech' printed on toilet paper for national distribution.

This, from your post:
"Free speech for them and their allies, but not for the rest of us."
I don't believe in censorship for anyone. So I would think it's a great idea that you and your allies should be able to make public a list of people you think should be killed. Have the courage to make one?

Old 12-09-2010, 11:03 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,369,126 times
Wikileaks' 10 greatest stories - Telegraph

Old 12-09-2010, 11:04 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,231,557 times
Quote:
Where is the press to get the answer to the question; Who gave the order to lift the restriction and when/why did it happen.
Good question, one I'd like to know the answer to myself. However, I tend to have a rather low opinion of the contemporary media and press and considering that within the wikileaks there was evidence that the two largest papers in the United States were accomplices in helping the government promote unsubstantiated rumors that N. Korea had given missiles to Iran. The proof of this was that they had pictures of the missiles in the capitol of N. Korea. I'm still shaking my head at this one. Which I believe just the other day was totally proven as bunk.

Quote:
Actually, I should have been clearer. I was referring to obama's assassination order of a US citizen.
I think Obama made a big mistake with this. As much as it is a good thing to get this guy, I think there were better ways of doing it. Obama's creds are pretty dismal right now and to come out with a statement like that is rather surprising.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:30 AM

23,405 posts, read 37,138,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post

This, from your post:
"Free speech for them and their allies, but not for the rest of us."
I don't believe in censorship for anyone. So I would think it's a great idea that you and your allies should be able to make public a list of people you think should be killed. Have the courage to make one?
Re the subpost from sanrene;
I do believe she means free speech for herself and those who agree with her meanderings, and screw the rest of us.
Apparently we are undeserving of the same rights as she.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:06 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,495,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Re the subpost from sanrene;
I do believe she means free speech for herself and those who agree with her meanderings, and screw the rest of us.
Apparently we are undeserving of the same rights as she.
Yeah that's what she means. BTW, how is the nurse and soccer mom making out with hacking those sites? Have they been successful?

Old 12-10-2010, 09:14 AM

23,405 posts, read 37,138,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yeah that's what she means. BTW, how is the nurse and soccer mom making out with hacking those sites? Have they been successful?
You tell me......I dont have as much time on my hands as you.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:54 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,495,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
You tell me......I dont have as much time on my hands as you.
Nice wiggle move.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:01 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,230,571 times
Didn't Huckabee also say that Assange should be killed?
Well, there we have the 2012 ticket: Huckabee/Palin!
What better team to clean up America and get rid of all the scum!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies