Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 07:05 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
SAVE THE PLANET? I'm so sick of this euphemism for SAVE A PLACE FOR MY AZZ TO LIVE! The planet can do just fine by itself. As a matter of fact, I'm waiting for it to start shaking us off like a dog shakes off fleas.

SAVE THE PLANET! Pfffffffffffft!
Don't hold back. Tell us how your really feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 07:08 PM

88,613 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Rescind welfare policies that encourage poor people to have 4+ kids, and stop immigration from 3rd world countries because ty have high birth rates and bring their high birth rates here. Without the illegal Mexican aliens, our birth rate would be less than 2.00. Yes we have all the space for housing, but we just don't have the jobs, and our unemployment rate is almost 10%
We can just send all the female welfare and Mexican babies to China. Everybody's happy.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:57 PM

57,312 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
SAVE THE PLANET? I'm so sick of this euphemism for SAVE A PLACE FOR MY AZZ TO LIVE! The planet can do just fine by itself. As a matter of fact, I'm waiting for it to start shaking us off like a dog shakes off fleas.

Yes we can just continue to double the population every few years,no problem there we can always move to other planets if space gets too tight.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:12 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,216,690 times
On an opposite note:
Introduction : Ozmirage, Emerald City of Dreams (http://www.ozmirage.org/anic/tiki-index.php?page=Introduction&structure=The+Book&pag e_ref_id=2 - broken link)

"In every deliberation, we must consider the impact on the seventh generation... even if it requires having skin as thick as the bark of a pine." —Great Law of the Iroquois

Based on current trends, we can expect population doubling every 40 - 50 years. Which may result in a quadrupling of population in 2110, and eightfold by 2150.

Such a population will need that much more food production, that much more habitat. This obviously will require an expansion of land used for agriculture, and a multiplication of output, from it, and other forms of food production.

I think we have to consider the needs of our grandchildren's grandchildren.
I think we have to begin to live and build, as if they're watching us, and waiting.
If we don't do it, who will?
If we don't start now, when?
If we don't make our own home or location ready, where else?
If we don't try to find solutions, then we fail them.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:16 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,277,616 times
If you really read it, Turner said it would be: VOLUNTARY. He never said it was going to be a government induced and/or sponsored program.

Not too mention, he is right. This country and world is overpopulated. Countries are crashing down around us, as we are (look at California), trying to keep up with the social wants of the people. Its going to come to a screaming halt and very fast; alot sooner then you think.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:24 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,049,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
No surprise. Turner has been a long term proponent of population reduction. He is actually on record as claiming that a 95 percent reduction of current levels would be ideal. I say you and your family first Mr. Turner. Do your part, set the example.

“A total population of 250-300 million people, a 95% decline from present levels, would be ideal.”
– Ted Turner, founder of CNN and major UN donor
Has anybody seen this?

Georgia Guidestones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Georgia Guidestones:
  1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
  2. Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.
  3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
  4. Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.
  5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
  6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
  7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
  8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
  9. Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
  10. Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.

The Georgia Guidestones is a large granite monument in Elbert County, Georgia, USA. A message comprising ten guides is inscribed on the structure in eight modern languages, and a shorter message is inscribed at the top of the structure in four ancient languages' scripts: Babylonian, Classical Greek, Sanskrit, and Egyptian hieroglyphs.
The structure is sometimes referred to as an "American Stonehenge."[1] The monument is almost 20 feet (6.1 m) tall if the buried support stones are included, exactly 18 feet (5.5 m) otherwise[2], and made from six granite slabs weighing more than 240,000 pounds (110,000 kg) in all.[3] One slab stands in the center, with four arranged around it. A capstone lies on top of the five slabs, which are astronomically aligned. An additional stone tablet, which is set in the ground a short distance to the west of the structure, provides some notes on the history and purpose of the Guidestones.

In his article, "Decoding the Georgia Guidestones", Van Smith identifies three potential candidates as the true identity of R.C. Christian (Joe H. Fendley Sr., Dr. Francis Merchant, and Ted Turner). In the end, Smith concludes that Ted Turner is the most likely candidate for being R.C. Christian, stating, "Our investigation into the identity of Robert C. Christian has uncovered highly persuasive yet circumstantial evidence linking Robert Edward “Ted” Turner to the very center of the Georgia Guidestones originators. This evidence is so strong that we believe Ted Turner probably was R.C. Christian. At the very least, Turner probably knows who R.C. Christian is."

Old 12-09-2010, 08:57 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
And how do you suppose such a policy would be enforced?
I do not suppose that it would be in the very near future, but that is not the point. The point is that Turner is not an evil person and did not make the comment based on a diabolical agenda. We do in fact have a population problem and it is not that unheard of for people to have opinions about it.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 12-09-2010 at 09:12 PM..

Old 12-09-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
If you really read it, Turner said it would be: VOLUNTARY. He never said it was going to be a government induced and/or sponsored program.

Not too mention, he is right. This country and world is overpopulated. Countries are crashing down around us, as we are (look at California), trying to keep up with the social wants of the people. Its going to come to a screaming halt and very fast; alot sooner then you think.
Rep to you and you are so right. Many people are unaware that when wild rabbit populations grow too quickly to support larger numbers, nature will make it so that a pregnant rabbit will reabsorb the fetuses that they are carrying. With the fertility drugs and all of the other fertilization techniques that are being used nowadays, nature is deprived of arbitrarily controlling the population. Just think of Octomom. "Abstinence Only" certainly does not work and many are up in arms about teaching kids about birth control. The religious factor in some denominations dictate to have as many kids as possible. Combine all of that and it is no small wonder that the world is a crowded and polluted mess with many children neglected, sick and starving. God forbid a guy such as Turner comes up with a possible solution, someone is bound to indignantly attack him. So predictable.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:

I think that when one takes the volcanos, earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, twisters, forest fires and other natural disasters into consideration, it is trying to shake us off, but being humans are like parasitic little fleas, they just will not budge.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:26 PM

871 posts, read 1,631,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
We can just send all the female welfare and Mexican babies to China. Everybody's happy.
the thought made me throw up a little
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies