Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2010, 12:15 PM

33,526 posts, read 37,125,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
It is not assault to restrain someone if they are attempting to inflict injury on another person.
What was she going to do? Beat him to death with a cardboard sign? I'm betting that Mr. Profitt will be found guilty of assault when the case comes to court...Do you want some of that action?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 12:22 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,053,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Thanks for the compliment.

I never said it was okay that he put his foot on her, just giving possible motives and clarifying for those who said he "stomped her head." She was also not "assaulted by three or four men," unless restraint is now considered assault.

She works (or maybe just volunteers) for MoveOn.org, she was not there to do a "project/film."

She was not thrown to the ground and she was not stomped on. She was not holding up a sign, she forcibly shoved the sign through the window of a car. What's generally next to the window of a car? Someone's head. Thereby, she randomly assaulted the candidate.

I stand by my previous posts.
Here's the project/film

Republi-Corp: A Good Reason To Vote « KPTK-AM

The sign she was hold was Republi-Corps sign.

Old 12-12-2010, 02:51 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,126,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
She isn't actually just a 'young girl'. She is a grown woman who came in disguise (blond wig) following a game plan from moveon.org.
Really? At what age does a young girl turn into a grown woman? 18? or is it 21? Or is it 28? Yeah, I don't think their IS AN OFFICIAL AGE, let it go.

All of that information is irrelevant to the situation and charges against Profitt. So what? She belonged to moveon.org. So what? I belong to PETA, SO WHAT????

He physically grabbed her and used his foot on her upper body to restrain her without just cause. There was no VALID altercation that previously occurred for that kind of aggression used.

HE WILL LOSE-just like most of you who are on his side. You have really lost any support because you are rationalizing this atrocious behavior just because she belongs to an organization that you are not a fan of.

That is just pathetic. I think next time I see someone trying to hand someone a pamphlet on the street I will jack their **** up and slam their head into a wall while claiming SELF DEFENSE. Because that Pamphlet could have had ANTHRAX on it and they were possibly trying to kill me.

Then I will have my defense attorney call Profitt and Paul in my defense and cite the People Vs Profitt.

Does that even seem rational?

That is totally within reason according to all of you.

Quote:
The police weren't restraining her, so someone else did.
The police were not restraining her BECAUSE THEY HAD NO JUST CAUSE TO DO SO. What on earth makes You think that a regular citizen has the right to do something when the POLICE KNOW they DO NOT HAVE THAT RIGHT?
I smell a great big old Civil $$$$$$$$$$$ $uit coming up next.

$$ CHA-CHING $$and all that money will go to MOVEON.org just like in your nightmares.

Last edited by Taboo2; 12-12-2010 at 03:08 PM..

Old 12-12-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Valle did not shove a sign through a car window, but attempted to hold it near the window when the assault on her began. What is the difference why she was there? She has as much right to free speech as you do.

Below is a video clip of the event from before the assault on her began...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiLeu...layer_embedded

SORRY people, all she did was go up to the window and turn her sign around so he could read it. NO CONTACT WAS EVER MADE.

That is CRITICAL when it comes to a self defense CLAIM in a court of law.

She did nothing wrong.. she was on a public street making a public statement. She was not trying to break into his car since both her hands were ON A SIGN. So the use of the make my day law could never be used. "the law states that a person has the presumption of an imminent fear of death or bodily harm if another person is trying to break into his car or home, and thus may use deadly force to protect himself, the law states. It says the person has no duty to retreat."

Just because you do not care for her statement IT DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO TOUCH HER!

NOT HER JACKET
NOT HER HAIR
NOT HER ARM
NOT HER NECK
NOT HER HEAD
NOT HER FOOT
YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TOUCH SOMEONE IN AN AGGRESSIVE/RESTRAINING MANOR IF THEY HAVE NOT TOUCHED YOU FIRST. PERIOD.

There was NO IMMINENT THREAT to his person that he can claim self defense for.

That is why the person who throws the FIRST PUNCH is the one ARRESTED in a fight. Watching the footage it shows how skewed and insane some of you are to actually rationalize and justify her being attacked.

WOW, I want to move to Kentucky and pick fights and let YOU make the first punch on camera so I can sue ALL OF YOU for LOADS of money.

THAT Is going to be my new job. AND even if I make a career out of it officially, I will keep getting paid.

If you keep making that first HIT on me, I'll keep winning... because THE LAW IS THE LAW and it works in favor of those WHO SHOW RESTRAINT.

Last edited by Taboo2; 12-12-2010 at 03:19 PM..

Old 12-12-2010, 03:13 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,164 times
Default It's very informative to see how...

... foaming-at-the-mouth wingnuts are turning themselves inside out trying to convince one another that the coward did not stomp that woman's head while she was being held down on the ground.

If you have even the slightest ability for self examination, you should be questioning your long and sometimes loud defense of that creep. If you're a functioning adult, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Old 12-12-2010, 06:52 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,510 times
I'll say it again......this guy had no right to even put his foot on any part of this girl. He is a coward & anyone who agrees with this kind of behavior has mental problems & needs anger management big time.

It matters not who she is or what her political beliefs are, this was clearly assault.

It doesn't at all surprise me that some here on CD will defend this moron either.

Old 12-12-2010, 07:00 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Thanks for the compliment.

I never said it was okay that he put his foot on her, just giving possible motives and clarifying for those who said he "stomped her head." She was also not "assaulted by three or four men," unless restraint is now considered assault.

She works (or maybe just volunteers) for MoveOn.org, she was not there to do a "project/film."

She was not thrown to the ground and she was not stomped on. She was not holding up a sign, she forcibly shoved the sign through the window of a car. What's generally next to the window of a car? Someone's head. Thereby, she randomly assaulted the candidate.

I stand by my previous posts.

WOW........motives???? for assault??

She was not the one arrested for assault was she? Did you see her hit or stomp anyone through the car window?
Do you really believe this guy was only restraining her? really?

Old 12-12-2010, 08:59 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,849,592 times
This "young woman" went to that event with the sole purpose of causing trouble, she wanted to create an incident and she got exactly what she wanted.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:27 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,920,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
......It doesn't at all surprise me that some here on CD will defend this moron either.
Who has defended him? Is not jumping on the bandwagon to convict him that is clearly exaggerated by so many in this thread the same to blind-rage leftists as defending? Really?

It doesn't surprise me that lefties will line up to defend the actions of one of their own professional provacateur activists with an arrest record.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
This "young woman" went to that event with the sole purpose of causing trouble, she wanted to create an incident and she got exactly what she wanted.
Yeah, she managed to school a bunch of old geezers on what NOT to do when you find a supporter of your opponent at your rally. That is unless you want Big Mike to make you his girlfriend while in prison.

They showed absolutely no restraint and really became a mob.

I think the original TEA PARTY "Colonists objected to the Tea Act for a variety of reasons, especially because they believed that it violated their right to be taxed only by their own elected representatives. " members are rolling over in their graves that these people are using their good name to cause harm to fellow American Citizens.

That lady being attacked completely goes against what the Tea Party people would have been all about, Democracy and Freedom of Speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies