Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2010, 03:26 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,305,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I stopped here for the sake of accuracy. The guy didnt stop on anyones head.. If you keep talking about the video, then you would know this..
You can quibble over the exact location of his foot all day long. The fact his pushing an individual down on the ground and put his foot on her head, neck, shoulder or any other part of her body constitutes an act of assault.

If I came up to you and put you on the ground and push my foot on your head, neck shoulders or any other part of your body and the police arrived shortly thereafter would you press charges?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Actually, the foot started on the shoulder, slipped along with the sweatshirt down to the neck, and then was placed back firmly on the shoulder. At no time was there a "head stomp" in the above linked video.

Get some glasses.
Doesn't matter where his foot was he assaulted her.

I mean really how would you like it if I came up to you threw YOU on the ground an put my foot on ANY PART OF YOUR BODY.

Old 12-11-2010, 03:52 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,929,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Doesn't matter where his foot was he assaulted her.

I mean really how would you like it if I came up to you threw YOU on the ground an put my foot on ANY PART OF YOUR BODY.
Some people have a very selective perspective on what constitutes lawful behavior and who should ... or should not be ... subject to it.

Old 12-11-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Some people have a very selective perspective on what constitutes lawful behavior and who should ... or should not be ... subject to it.
That's the danger that Conservative pose:

If they don't like your politics they are perfectly willing to justify physical violence.

If they don't like your religion they are pefectly willing to justify physical violence.

If they don't like your race they are perfectly willing to justify physical violence.

Old 12-11-2010, 04:03 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,054,496 times
Quote:
Hence your own self deception.
Would you mind explaining this reply? Or when you make a mistake you carry on as if it never happened...

Old 12-11-2010, 04:08 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,929,235 times
Quote:
That's the danger that Conservative pose:

If they don't like your politics they are perfectly willing to justify physical violence.

If they don't like your religion they are pefectly willing to justify physical violence.

If they don't like your race they are perfectly willing to justify physical violence.
Had it been some tea-partier that got stomped on by a left wing student type, they would have been outraged.

Old 12-11-2010, 04:15 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Had it been some tea-partier that got stomped on by a left wing student type, they would have been outraged.
Very true.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:01 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,114,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I think the Teabaggers were angry that she wasn't at home doing what they consider to be her job....
on her hands and knees washing the kitchen floor.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:05 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,114,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
Who are the vigilantes in this story? Is it the three or four men who took the law into their own hands and grabbed her, throw her to the ground and stomped on her head? All the while none of them are licensed security or police. Or was it the girl/woman who wanted to get a picture taken with Rand for a film/project she was working on? HHMM touch choice
I would love a laughing emoticon right about now.

They did not "throw her to the ground" or "stomp on her head."

If you think you are saving someone from assault or physical harm, you can in fact restrain the assailant.

The fact that you had to put that slash in there just goes to show that nobody can even get the story straight.

She is a fanatical MoveOn.org member, plain and simple. She was trying to do something weird and in the process, she assaulted a candidate and was taken down for it. It's quite clear.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:51 AM

20,346 posts, read 19,937,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I think the Teabaggers were angry that she wasn't at home doing what they consider to be her job....
on her hands and knees washing the kitchen floor.
What about the female and homosexual TP'ers.

Wake up Rumplestiltskin, it may be 1950 in Canada but not down here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies