Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 09:52 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,306,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
We've had more false flag terrorist attacks since 9-10-01 than genuine terrorist attacks.

But still, there's always a chance of a genuine terrorist attack.
How do you know what is genuine and what is not? Who gave you clearance to know? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 09:59 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
How do you know what is genuine and what is not? Who gave you clearance to know? LOL
Don't need "clearance".

I learned to "read" a long time ago.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:36 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,196,176 times
Quote:
I have explained to you what was different then than now and frankly that is a pointless question: what is different now than then in regards to terrorist threats? You have technological, biological advances and population changes, tons of factors.

Yet despite all these "new factors", what is the end result that is different than the ultimate goal of causing death? Apparently death today is far worse than it was 20 years ago.

You were killed by a lab created toxin which is far worse than dying by being ran through with a 15th century spear. Granted, you are dead, but we are making progress.

I'm not suggesting anyone become even more painfully blissfully unaware than people are today, but there is a vast difference in awareness and fear and it is almost entirely the latter in which this country's people, its press, and its government focuses on.

Look around this forum at the language people use for even the smallest and tiniest of things that if you added all of them up wouldn't fit in a teaspoon of actual effect upon our daily lives. We amplify everything to the extreme so much that those things in which we should fear and those things that are remote at best are shown in the same light. We take for granted and even dismiss those things which are most likely to harm us or even kill us, in favor of focusing on the most remote and ludicrous "what if" and "could be", that we have become an entire nation of irrational people. We are fearaphobic.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Yet despite all these "new factors", what is the end result that is different than the ultimate goal of causing death? Apparently death today is far worse than it was 20 years ago.

You were killed by a lab created toxin which is far worse than dying by being ran through with a 15th century spear. Granted, you are dead, but we are making progress.

I'm not suggesting anyone become even more painfully blissfully unaware than people are today, but there is a vast difference in awareness and fear and it is almost entirely the latter in which this country's people, its press, and its government focuses on.

Look around this forum at the language people use for even the smallest and tiniest of things that if you added all of them up wouldn't fit in a teaspoon of actual effect upon our daily lives. We amplify everything to the extreme so much that those things in which we should fear and those things that are remote at best are shown in the same light. We take for granted and even dismiss those things which are most likely to harm us or even kill us, in favor of focusing on the most remote and ludicrous "what if" and "could be", that we have become an entire nation of irrational people. We are fearaphobic.
Right on!

"The psychological state of the mind creates an anxious response that has itself a conditioned stimuli leading to further anxiety. Phobophobia is a fear experienced before actually experiencing the fear of the feared phobias its somatic sensations that precede it, which is preceded by generalized anxiety disorders and can generate panic attacks."

Squeeze a balloon and it gets smaller in one place and bigger in another.

Phobophobia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-19-2010, 11:01 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,196,176 times
Quote:
Right on!

"The psychological state of the mind creates an anxious response that has itself a conditioned stimuli leading to further anxiety. Phobophobia is a fear experienced before actually experiencing the fear of the feared phobias its somatic sensations that precede it, which is preceded by generalized anxiety disorders and can generate panic attacks."

Squeeze a balloon and it gets smaller in one place and bigger in another.

Phobophobia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Holy cow, there is an actual clinical name for it! ugh...

Interesting bit, I should read on this further.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Don't need "clearance".

I learned to "read" a long time ago.
I really doubt that there is information that YOU have seen that would give you an ability to know what recent terrorist attacks were false flag or genuine. That is what you said, that "since 9/11" more terrorist attacks that were false flag than genuine. No one who isn't on the inside would have the information to say that. Just admit that you THINK you know what was false flag and genuine, but that you have no evidence.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post

I'm not understanding your first line and I'm not going to keep going back and forth with you on this. My problem is that you and others like you on this topic act like it is not right to report the new threats. Like I explained before, they are NOT general threats and no one is asking people to not live their life. I even explained how I feel our reaction to threats is, that we don't stop living our lives which basically tells you that what you fear (your fear) will not happen.

You're holding on to this idea because you want to, because you want to complain about something every time one of these articles is written about a terrorist threat. I have tried to explain to you that the threats aren't just fluff or just articles written to "scare" people, that they are real and if you choose to react to them or not, that is your business. But, don't start going on tangents about false flags or how the government or media is trying to scare people.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:10 PM

Quote:
I really doubt that there is information that YOU have seen that would give you an ability to know what recent terrorist attacks were false flag or genuine. That is what you said, that "since 9/11" more terrorist attacks that were false flag than genuine. No one who isn't on the inside would have the information to say that. Just admit that you THINK you know what was false flag and genuine, but that you have no evidence.
I also learned how to properly square a circle, which provides me a Z-axis perspective.

Where the height of a pyramid is the radius of a circle whose circumference is the sum of the four sides of the pyramid's base.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
I also learned how to properly square a circle, which provides me a Z-axis perspective.

Where the height of a pyramid is the radius of a circle whose circumference is the sum of the four sides of the pyramid's base.
Har har harrrrrr.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:55 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
Quote:
You're not understanding though. Potential attacks are different each time. The government nor the media are telling people to be afraid of a general potential attack. What is reported are alerts based off of new information or specifics. If you read an article, no one is saying, "Be afraid ... be afraid of the general existence of terrorists." There specific groups in specific places that are targeting specific places and the media reports on this. If you want to get bent out of shape about it, that's your business, but don't try to make it out to be that they are speaking in general terms.

Why would you have such a problem with this if you aren't one that would be on alert? I ask this because I've come across many people who always complain about intelligence and counter-terrorism updates as if no one ELSE has the right to know what is going on in the world or who is targeting us as a country. If you actually read the articles (if you haven't) that do come out, you'd see that they are detailing who is been known to be behind these things and where they are targeting. Is it wrong for the media to report on this? People can decide if they want to take precautions or not. Many people still fly even in the face of 9/11. And even before 9/11 there were hijackings and people would be aware of that, sometimes saying prayer that nothing would happen, but they still flew. With that said, it doesn't mean that the government shouldn't take precautions to reduce the possibility of a hijacking.
Of course terrorist will be able to figure out how to plan different kinds of attacks. They will likely even plan to do them. But this is a part of a pattern which is designed to keep us in perpetual fear and to act accordinly. Homeland Security has a video they plan to put in Walmart to remind the people ( sheeple ) to watch their neighbors and those around them and if something is out of place report it. Put these things together and you have the idea of the neighbors being a little off and so someone should investigate. Maybe not tomorrow, but its all a creep. But you have to pick a line and say stop this now.

Terrorist will do their thing or they won't. I won't go out afraid that today someone will make the next attack because it will happen or not regardless of what I do. If I decide to stay home and hide them I give them the win. The idea that we must be warned that something might happen even if its just a faint possibility and the fear card flashed is LETTING THEM WIN. Get up and live life and don't live in fear because that is what they want you too.

Apparently that is what the controllers in Homeland Security also want you to. Big Sis wants you to be worried and watchful because it helps the exercise of power by those who have been granted the possibility of power.

I grew up each day wondering if the bomb would drop and the world would end. It was quite a real fear. The day the bombs could have gone over Cuba I was home, as was my dad, because that was real fear that it could be all over. Keep family together. I still remember that day. But a generation grew up with that and learned to live anyway.

I am not afraid that some terrorist is going to kill me if I take a trip. More chance of being struck by lightening. I was not afraid of the BIG One coming and reducing my termite ridden apartment to kindling when I lived in California. Yeah, it could have but I wouldn't let FEAR rule my life. I am not afraid that some comando unit is going to come out and start shooting in honor of the holiday. Maybe it could but why should it make me waste all that energy in fear?

I AM afraid that government and the people that run it (and run it with either party) will play the fear card often enough that the sheep will comply and they can carry out the bigger plans and we will be all very safe from everyone but them. That is the worse danger we face. Look back to RICO, predating the Patriot Act. It squeezed out some freedoms. Never was used against a single mobster but was used for a lot of other quasi legal dealings. Then we overreacted with the obscenity of the Patriot Act which set the scene to squeeze out more. And has and has been voted in robotically by both parties under the littany of fear.

When does it end? Will we have to choose between subjecting ourselves to molestation or irratiton or staying home? When will we sit there and wonder if we really should say that on the internet? This is what they want to make of us. Playing fear and raising the boogie man is how its justified.

If there is a plan to shoot up a shopping mall, and its in a partculuar city, then ACT. If the plan is to shoot up a shopping mall somewhere tighten security in shopping malls. Don't issue "warnings" on each and every possibility unless they are firm and known. Remember the ones that were real and stopped were NEVER announced.

When you give the bad guys over seas a way to win by talking on their cell phones by issuing warnings and raising fear, then the government is working *for* them.

And remember, we do not have liberties taken, but give them away when we're told its to keep us safe.

Reality is there is no such thing as safe if you really want to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies